Organization | Project Life Storage

Today started a new year, and for a lot of people, that meant starting a new Project Life album – or even Project Life for the very first time! With Project Life comes a who new set of scrapbook things…which raises the question: how do I organize them?

One of the major motivators behind my reorganization was the need to store my growing stash of Project Life and other brand pocket scrapbooking supplies. These things simply did not fit in my previous system. What I came up with in my new space is a system with several components.

The major component in my new system is a plastic storage box from Close To My Heart. Their medium storage box, which retails for $16.95, has compartments that are the perfect size for holding 4×6 cards, and which have dividers that can be inserted to create sections perfect for 3×4 cards.

Close To My Heart storage boxHere’s a look at what my box looks like inside, with one side of the box divided for 3×4 and the other devoted to 4×6 cards:

IMG_0254I use 4×6 index card dividers that I buy in packs of 100 at Staples to divide my cards. For the 3×4 cards, I simply cut down the 4×6 dividers. I divide my cards by collection or product (core kit name, graph journal cards, etc).

My more recent Project Life core kits I actually keep in the very convenient boxes that they came in. They are stacked on a shelf in the cube storage unit on the wall opposite my desk. When I want to use one, I go get it from the shelf and keep the box on my desk until I am done with it.

Scrapbook Cube StorageMy plastics are the third part of the system. Those live on the cube storage unit that I keep my cardstock and patterned paper pads on. I have a cheap three ring 12×12 album that contains many of them, with Project Life dividers organizing them. My “Design A” plastics I buy in bulk packs that come in boxes, so I just shelve the box right next to the binder on the bottom of the cube’s shelves.

Paper Storage TowerSo that is it for my Project Life storage…I keep it simple and it works for me (like Project Life). What do you do to organize your Project Life supplies?

, ,

10 Responses to Organization | Project Life Storage

1. Donna Davis January 2, 2014 at 7:11 am #

Close to My Heart has great storage containers that can be purchased on-line.

2. Susanne January 2, 2014 at 8:33 am #

I like seeing what you have done here Nancy. You have given me food for thought – I am considering whether it would be wise to put my 2 half-used sets of PL cards from previous years along with all the other misc. companies in a box like you have done. May I ask – did you consider subdividing by color instead of company? And I think this week I may also do some indexing of other supplies with divider cards like you have. Thanks for the nudge.

3. Gemiel January 2, 2014 at 10:08 am #

Thanks so much for your tips on project life storage. I’ve been looking for a system to store my cards and that CTMH box is perfect!

4. Cyndy R January 2, 2014 at 10:22 am #

I use the CTMH boxes as well plus I have divided my cards primarily by colour. I love to look for my cards that way because I really like to mix up my products. It also works great when I want to use the cards on 12×12 layouts.

5. Cindy Baker January 2, 2014 at 11:08 am #

I’m a Close To My Heart consultant and was thrilled to see that you use our Medium Storage box for your Project Life cards! It really is perfect for storing and organizing 3×4 and 4×6 cards, and it holds so many of them!

6. Robin C. January 2, 2014 at 11:15 am #

Thanks for the tips, Nancy! I’ve got some organizing to do and you’ve inspired me! Thanks again!

7. gabmcann January 4, 2014 at 3:45 am #

I’m going to have to see if I can get one of those storage boxes. I like how you’ve organised everything Nancy

8. Traci Williams January 15, 2014 at 10:41 am #

Beginning February 1st, 2014, Close to my Heart will be releasing a new product line, Picture My Life. It will come with over 120 cards, 2 sizes and 2 of each design. The program will also include one 12 x 12 cover page and also have 10 protective sleeves in a various layouts – 1 is a 12 x 12 for cover page and then 9 more for card and photo placements!! So be sure to contact your local Close to my Heart consultant.
    The organizers at Close to my Heart are a must have in anyones organizing – from scrapbooking to home office, truly wonderful to have.

9. Lori Anderson January 18, 2014 at 1:12 pm #

Great idea. I’m also a CTMH consultant. I’ve been using my original Project Life card box to store all my cards, but it’s filling with new product faster than I can use them. ;-). Just saw WeRMK’s new storage system, but I carry mine with me, and have been using a ThirtyOne bag. it works great

10. Juliana February 10, 2014 at 2:56 pm #

Thank for the tip on index card dividers…such a simple thing but I have been going crazy trying to solve that. I ordered some right away. Your storage is great!