Betsy Burnett Joins Scrapbook Update as Contributing Writer

Scrapbook Update is happy to announce that we are adding Betsy Burnett to our staff as a Contributing Writer.

Betsy has written previously for Scrapbook Update as a guest author, and has long served as my informal advisor in the areas of direct sales and die cutting due to her extensive background in those areas. I’m happy to say that we are now formalizing that role, and as a Contributing Writer her official “beat” will be direct sales and the die cutting segment of the scrapbook market. However, our readers will hear from her on other topics from time to time as is appropriate. After all, we wouldn’t want to miss out on opportunities to bring our readers things like the photo below of the irrepressible Betsy kissing a ProvoCraft executive to get some swag for her CHA swag article last July.

All kidding aside, Betsy brings to Scrapbook Update a wealth of experience in direct sales, having worked for TopLine Creations, and Scrap In A Snap, and most recently in marketing and consultant relations for MemoryWorks. She also is an experienced demonstrator and instructor, having taught at Hobby Lobby, Jo-Ann Stores, local stores and expos, and done demonstrations for companies like Fiskars and Xyron, among others.

Betsy’s expertise in die cutting comes from extensive personal experience in her 15 years of scrapbooking. She owns 6 machines of various different types and brands. She’s literally a walking encyclopedia on die cutting technology and products.

With this new addition to our staff, we look forward to greatly expanding our coverage in these two very important areas of the scrapbook industry. We know that Betsy will bring valuable (and entertaining) information to our readership at Scrapbook Update and we look forward to sharing her work with you all.

Besides Scrapbook Update, Betsy also currently writes for Faithfully Yours and coordinates their design team. She also teaches at Scrapbook Junction in Minooka, IL.

Betsy can be reached at betsy@scrapbookupdate.com. She will be attending CHA Winter 2011 in Los Angeles as part of Scrapbook Update’s staff if you will be there and would like to meet in her person.

Along with our new Contributing Writer, another change has also been made at Scrapbook Update this month. May Flaum has been promoted to Contributing Editor in anticipation of our further plans for expansion in 2011.

Welcome Betsy, and congratulations to May on her new position!

30 Responses to Betsy Burnett Joins Scrapbook Update as Contributing Writer

1. Sara G. January 15, 2011 at 9:38 pm #

Exciting! Congratulations Betsy and May! The expanded coverage sounds interesting.

2. Vidette B. January 15, 2011 at 9:41 pm #

That is so awesome. Congratulations ladies. I love reading Scrapbook Update.

3. Lorrie McCullers January 15, 2011 at 9:58 pm #

Congrats to you Betsy! I wish you much success!

4. KathyinMN January 15, 2011 at 10:02 pm #

Welcome! Looking forward to your CHA reports.

5. Jennifer Smith-Sloane January 15, 2011 at 11:24 pm #

Congrats! Sounds like there are changes all around and I can’t wait to see them Nancy!

6. Tami Bayer January 15, 2011 at 11:24 pm #

Big huge congrats to Betsy. She’ll be a wonderful addition to your team. Way to go on the new position, May. Happy news all around.

7. Michelle Salazar January 16, 2011 at 12:37 am #

Great news congrats to Betsy and May!

8. Renee J. January 16, 2011 at 12:38 am #

Congrats Betsy and May! We know you will bring us the very best in scrapbooking. Thanks, too, Nancy, for always watching out for the scrapbooking community. ‘Way to go Scrapbook Update!!

9. Barb in Ak January 16, 2011 at 3:44 am #

Wonderful on both counts! Thanks so much for keeping us current! Love this site :-)

10. Amy K January 16, 2011 at 5:28 am #

Welcome and congratulations Betsy!

Congratulations May!

Congratulations Nancy on your expanded team, and exciting ventures in the future!

11. Lynn Mercurio January 16, 2011 at 6:09 am #

Congrats to both May and Betsy – and I look forward to reading more about Scrapbook Updates expansion.

12. CarolN January 16, 2011 at 7:20 am #

Congrats and congrats are in order. Betsy and May couldn’t be more deserving. Hurray for both of you!!

13. louise johnson January 16, 2011 at 7:50 am #

Congrats to all as Betsy will be a great addition to your staff! She writes with such honesty and cleverness and when it comes to scrapbooking she is a wealth on information!

14. Pamela McGillin January 16, 2011 at 9:40 am #

Congrats Betsy & May, much success to you both.
    I can’t wait to see some of Betsy’s die-cutting coverage. I would especially love some coverage of Xyron’s Creatopia, no one talks about it (most Michael’s & Joann’s stores don’t even know it exists).
    Sincerely,
    Pamela McGillin
    owner
    Cricut Expression/Design Studio/Gypsy/Jukebox
    Making Memories Slice
    Sizzix Texture Boutique
    Xyron Creatopia (with all the fix-ins’)

15. Jennie K January 16, 2011 at 11:20 am #

Congratulations to Betsy & May! Betsy is a wonderful addition to the staff & someone I’ve had the joy of meeting several times! Looking forward to seeing more of May in her new role. Congrats on the growth, Nancy!

16. Shirley January 16, 2011 at 11:23 am #

Congratulations ladies!!!!!

17. SW Ranches Donna January 16, 2011 at 12:34 pm #

Can’t wait to see what she writes, but more importantly,
    YIPPEE! she’s another set of eyes and typing hands
    to give us the scoop on CHA! Go Ladies!

18. Maxine Hodges January 16, 2011 at 2:49 pm #

Betsy,
    I am so happy for you! I know that you will be a great asset for Scrapbook Update! I look forward to all of the information you will be bringing to us!

19. S January 16, 2011 at 3:18 pm #

What a great addition to your staff – clearly this is a topic of expanding interest to scrapbookers. I look forward to seeing what she brings to us.

20. Marianne B January 16, 2011 at 6:42 pm #

Congratulations Betsy and May!

I can’t wait for Betsy’s words of wisdom! She has given me a couple of pointers when I was stuck with my Cricut Expression that were quite helpful! I am pretty comfortable using it and all of the features, but she was able to tell me what I needed to do right from the begginning! Great wealth of knowledge!

21. Candy Rosenberg January 16, 2011 at 8:30 pm #

Congratulations to both of you ladies! Looking forward to what you are going to bring us.

22. Jersey Girl Anne January 16, 2011 at 8:47 pm #

looking forward to all the new things that are in store for this site.I come here all the time!! Thanks !!

23. Dawn January 16, 2011 at 9:41 pm #

Congratulations Betsy! You are an awesome writer.

24. Amber Crowell January 16, 2011 at 11:57 pm #

Go Betsy! Congratulations from your MemoryWorks family :) You’ll do great…look forward to seeing your articles!

25. Tambur January 17, 2011 at 12:46 am #

Congratulations! I look forward to reading your articles.

T.

26. Gab January 17, 2011 at 5:29 am #

That’s great news! Congratulations Betsy – I’m looking forward to hearing what you have to say! And Congrats May also – I always love reading whatever you write. And congrats Nancy on the expansion of Scrapbook Update!

27. melissac January 17, 2011 at 6:19 am #

CONGRATS Betsy!!! I am so excited for you!!!

28. Theresa Amlong January 17, 2011 at 6:46 pm #

Congrats to Betsy and May!

29. Lori Brown January 17, 2011 at 11:44 pm #

You couldn’t have made a better choice than Betsy; she is a terrific gal! Congrats to both Betsy & May.

30. seo January 31, 2012 at 12:52 pm #

Have you ever considered publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other websites? I have a blog centered on the same subjects you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my audience would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.