For our readers’ convenience, Scrapbook Update publishes industry job listings in our main feed, with the company name in the header! To see a page listing all of these published jobs for easy reference, visit the Jobs category page of Scrapbook Update.
Graphic Designer/Illustrator – Lawn Fawn (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA)
Lawn Fawn creates crafting products with a simple goal… to bring smiles into people’s lives!
Our products are used to create a wide variety of crafts, such as scrapbook layouts, party decorations, and especially handmade greeting cards.
We’re currently looking for a new “Fawnie” staff member to join our team.
This person will primarily be responsible for product design (such as die cut and stamp design), but will also be happy to use their graphic design skills to create product packaging, product catalogs, and other marketing materials.
You will be working from the comfort of your own home, as part of a team of fun and creative people. Lawn Fawn is based in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA. Local applicants are preferred but it is not a requirement.
This is a temporary, part-time position with a duration of approximately 6 months (through August 2018), with potential for additional work in the future. There is a variation in workload from week to week in the range of 10-30 hours.
This is a great opportunity for a bright and motivated individual looking to explore their creative potential!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design innovative craft dies that are consistent with the Lawn Fawn aesthetic (basically, cute!) including 3-dimensional packages (i.e. treat boxes, bags), interactive dies (i.e. pop-ups), and 2-dimensional shapes (animals, flowers, cityscapes, etc.)
- Design clear stamp sets that are both cute and versatile, such as sentiment sets
- Design product packaging, catalogs, and other promotional goodies
- Develop an understanding of Lawn Fawn products and how they coordinate with one another, in order to effectively design new products that fit well within the existing product line
- Write fun and creative product descriptions that make us smile
- Review industry trends to brainstorm new and innovative craft die and stamp ideas
- Photograph products and card samples to help inspire creativity in the crafting community
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, with an in-depth knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Strong illustration skills preferred
- Good at writing in a fun, conversational way
- Has a reliable place to work from home, including a desktop/laptop and a secure internet connection
- An eye for design and current trends
- Detail orientated and focused on quality
- Highly independent and skilled at managing their own time to ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent at communicating through email and chat
- Never feels like they know everything, always willing to admit mistakes, learn new skills, and get constructive feedback
- Willing to help wherever help is needed
- Interest in paper crafts, DIY, and handmade projects is a big plus!
- Must provide portfolio work
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
- Illustration: 1 year
- Graphic Design: 1 year
To apply, visit the original job listing.