This time of year is always full of pretty floral product releases that are great for girl pages, Mother’s Day cards, and other feminine projects. One of my favorites this year is “Hello Gorgeous” by My Mind’s Eye, a great mix of patterns and pink florals.
[Disclosure: Some links in this article are affiliate or advertiser links. My company Nally Studios also provides social media manager services to Buttons Galore. This post is not sponsored and no one besides myself had any editorial control over the content or products used.]
The “Hello Gorgeous” 6×6 paper pad, together with the sticker set from the collection, combine to make great cards. All it takes is the addition of a few punches to create custom embellishments from the paper pad!
I started with the Doily Lace border punch, to create a grounding anchor for the rest of the design to be built on top of. Then the “Hello Gorgeous” decorative label sticker was stamped with the “Happy Mother’s Day” sentiment. I chose brown chalk ink for this because it is a softer color than a harsh black. The chalk ink gives a matte finish that makes the sentiment appear to be part of the original sticker instead of a later addition to it. This is subtle but gives the card a more finished look.
The flowers and butterfly are punched from more Martha Stewart punches. You can never have too many basics like butterflies and flowers in your toolbox! I chose papers from the “Hello Gorgeous” that pull out the dark and light pink tones from the flower on the label sticker for making these punches.
As a final touch I added the pearls to the flower centers, continuing the dot theme of the paper the flowers are punched from.
Since the blue label border is the only blue in the embellishment design, it highlights the sentiment element to show its importance.
- My Mind’s Eye “Hello Gorgeous” 6×6 paper pad (Scrapbook.com, ACOT)
- My Mind’s Eye “Hello Gorgeous” Sticker Sheet (Scrapbook.com, ACOT)
- Colorbox Chalk Inkpad in Chestnut Roan (ACOT, Amazon)
- Hero Arts “Celebrate Everyday” Stamps (ACOT, Amazon)
- Martha Stewart “Cosmos” punch (Amazon)
- Martha Stewart “Doily Lace” border punch (Scrapbook.com, ACOT, Amazon)
- Martha Stewart “Monarch Butterfly” punch (Scrapbook.com, ACOT, Amazon)
- Bazzill Smooth Cardstock in Walnut Cream (Scrapbook.com, ACOT, Amazon)
- Buttons Galore 28 Lilac Lane “Pet” embellishment kit
Thanks for supporting Scrapbook Update by using our sponsor links!
What collection are you using for making Mother’s Day cards? Tell us in the comments!