For our readers’ convenience, Scrapbook Update publishes the full text of select design team calls, with the company name and deadline in the header!
To see a page listing all of these published calls, visit the Design Team Calls category of Scrapbook Update.
The 2015 – 2016 Artist in Residence Design Team OPEN CALL is here Imagine Crafters! We are looking for makers like yourselves who exude creativity and are ready to share that creativity with the world. If you or someone you know loves to paper craft, DIY from top to bottom, mixes all sorts of media or loves to demonstrate crafting inspiration through video. Look no further, you’ve found your home.
This year we are looking for DIYers, Card Makers, Memory Keepers, Mixed Media and Video artists. From CAS to retro and vibrant, we welcome all varieties of aesthetics.
Artist in Residence Perks
- You will receive advance samples of all new products.
- You will be supplied with Imagine Crafts featuring Tsukineko products, along with partner companies and manufacturers.
- Global exposure through all Imagine Crafts social media channels including but not limited to email blasts, Facebook and the Imagine Crafts Blog.
- The opportunity for your artwork to be used in both online and print advertising, as well as trade shows.
Artist in Residence Expectations:
- Use Imagine Crafts featuring Tsukineko products in your projects and link to our website and or blog whenever possible.
- Actively promote Imagine Crafts featuring Tsukineko products – including social media activity.
- For project artists – submit a minimum of 3 projects per month.
- For video artists – submit a minimum of 2 projects per month.
- Link to Imagine Crafts Blog on your own blog or website.
- Follow Imagine Crafts on all social media channels where possible (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, WordPress, etc.).
Selection & Deadlines
The selection process will happen in two rounds. The first round will be your chance to demonstrate who you are as an artist by submitting one to three pieces. Projects for the first round are due October 5, 2015. Should you be selected for the second round we will provide you with product to create a piece that not only exemplifies your aesthetic and skill set, while also highlighting the quality and proper use of Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko products.
- Round One Project Due Date: October 5, 2015 >>> Entries received after October 5, 2015 will not be accepted.
- Round One Selection Notification: October 23, 2015
- Round Two Project Due Date: November 2, 2015
- Final Selection Notification: November 11, 2015
Artist in Residence membership lasts for one year.
Term: Dec 1, 2015 – Dec 1, 2016
This call originally appeared on the Imagine Crafts blog.