For our readers’ convenience, Scrapbook Update publishes industry job listings in our main feed, with the company name in the header! To see a page listing all of these published jobs for easy reference, visit the Jobs category page of Scrapbook Update.
Ellison Educational Equipment, Inc. is a global manufacturer and international leader in providing high quality die-cutting systems and ancillary products for the Education, Professional and consumer Arts & Crafts markets and is looking for a Craft Designer who will report to the Art Director.
Since 2001, Sizzix has been the industry’s leading innovator of die-cutting, embossing and stamping solutions for today’s crafter. Through our expansive portfolio of award-winning products, we are able to inspire unlimited creativity for cardmaking, scrapbooking, quilting, jewelry, home décor, party planning and more.
Under the guidance of the Art Room Manager and the Creative Director, the Craft Designer should be able to accomplish their duties independently through effective and efficient work habits. This role will require a dynamic personality who can multi-task a variety of projects while working closely with a team of creative personalities. Specifically, the Craft Designer will be responsible for but not limited to:
Support sales and marketing by creating production ready 3-D art for Sizzix and Ellison product lines.
Be able to apply current and relevant embellishment techniques and applications to finished projects to help explain to consumers what they can do with our product lines.
Provide finished project examples for catalogs, packaging, websites, blogs, workshops and advertising.
Design eye-catching vignettes for the trade shows that convey the theme or look and feel of a particular artist’s vision or product line application.
Execute booth layouts by shopping for props and accessories to make the products look the best.
- Art production experience and knowledge of the papercrafting industry.
- Must have a fundamental understanding of color, layout and design.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must posses the ability to work with a variety of personnel both in house and outside.
- Extremely detail oriented and resourceful
- Highly self-motivated and able to work with tight deadlines.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Must be a team player and be able to work extended hours and varying schedules as necessary to complete a project.
- Full Time
- In House at Lake Forest, Ca Heaquarters
For initial consideration please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number
- A few jpegs of your current work
- Links to any online presence where we can view your work i.e.: Blog, facebook, website etc.