Becky Higgins continued her week of new product announcements last week with announcements of Project Life’s first-ever themed kits. The kits are themed for scrapbooking baby and school memories.
Tag Archives | Project Life
Project Life fans all over the scrapbook world are brimming with excitement as Becky Higgins is unveiling new products for 2013 all week! So far, she’s unveiled two new core kits for 2013, with additional unveilings expected later this week.
The first new core kit to be unveiled is Seafoam, designed by Elise Blaha Cripe. Sure to make fans of the trendy graphic design style happy, Seafoam is full of bold type set in designs of black, gray, gold, brown, and (of course) seafoam. There’s trendy chevrons and hexagons galore, and the kit is much less feminine than the previous Project Life kits – a boon for moms of boys or those making albums for men.
Hey, who turned my calendar page? How did August get here? Now that all of the CHA news is mostly taken care of, it’s time to get back to some Noteworthy!
Ali Edwards announced her new stamps for the second half of the year this week. (Technique Tuesday didn’t attend CHA.) In all, there are 16 stamp sets, including sets themed for the Halloween and Christmas holidays. Many of the sets are designed to be used with Project Life, such as months and days of the weeks.
This week I’ve got some designer news, some hot products, and some new calls to bring to you….and of course, as always, some great links.
The Gaylord Opryland convention center in Nashville, TN, which will host a CK Convention on Aug. 24th-25th, was the site of a large mechanical explosion on Tuesday that evacuated the hotel for several hours. The explosion did an estimated $750,000 in damage, but Gaylord officials told the Tennessean that the damage was limited to a relatively small 4,000 square foot area and the damage should be repaired by June 30th. Officials also told the Tennessean that they did not expect the damage to interfere with events at the property.
Fans of Hambly will be happy to hear that Allison Kreft isn’t going away…Echo Park announced this week that it will be releasing a collection she designed, called Everyday Eclectic!
Welcome to Project Reboot on Scrapbook Update! This article is the first in a new ongoing series I’m going to be bringing you about how to rescue – or reboot – projects that you’ve abandoned half-completed or even just in the planning stages, so that you can make them into something that is completed that works for you!
The first few articles in this series will focus on Project Life. I hope you find them useful!
As I discussed on last week’s Paperclipping Roundtable episode about Project Life, I have been basically stalled on my 2012 Project Life. I love the concept of Project Life but was having trouble executing it in 2011 and 2012.
I got off to a good start for 2012, or so I thought. I really love the new Clementine kit this year, and I had decided to try Project Life digitally in 2012 to see if it would go better for me than the paper version that I tried to work with in 2011 but couldn’t stay with.
My digital cover page went quickly and I was really happy with the results. I didn’t follow the template of elements that the kit suggests using for the title page. Instead, I used a mix of title page and inside elements to create a collage of elements that were customized to send a specific message and set a theme.
Welcome to a holiday weekend edition of Noteworthy! This week I’ve got some new collections, a big sale, some eye candy, and some food for thought to share with you. That’s a lot to cover, so let’s get started!
The mid release announcements were still coming this week! Echo Park announced a total of 3 new collections for their June release: So Happy Together, Homemade, and School Days.
So Happy Together is a full collection designed by Deena Rutter, with 12 double-sided patterned papers, 3 double-sided solid papers, and two sheets of stickers. It is also available in a 6×6 paper pad.
Welcome to another week of Noteworthy! It was a relatively quiet week this week in the scrapbook world compared to the flood of releases and big news the past few weeks, but we still have lots of fun stuff to talk about! So let’s get started…
The biggest announcement this week arguably came from Becky Higgins, and it was about Project Life, of course. Details of the announcement are a bit sketchy because Becky’s announcement video is currently unavailable for viewing. However, the brief summary points that she posted underneath the video indicate the following big changes are coming soon to the Project Life core kits:
- Project Life core kit production is being shifted to the U.S. from overseas. This will cut down on out of stock time as production is much faster, and the print and paper quality will be much better.
- Packaging is changing to a large flat package that includes a plastic tray in which all of the cards will lay flat. All of the new packaging is 100% recyclable.
- Kit contents will be changing: There will now be 500 journaling cards in each kit, with “filler” designs on the back, plus 40 bi-fold cards (up from 24). The title cards will be horizontal designs on the front and vertical on the back (the same designs, just shifted in orientation).
- Another change that is coming to the kit contents: stickers are being eliminated, for now. Becky says it is too expensive to produce them here in the U.S., so they are eliminating them from the core kits, and looking at options to produce them as a separate item that can be purchased as an add-on for Project Life in the future.
- The original Project Life kit is coming back! As part of the new U.S. production, all of the Project Life core kits are being reprinted: Clementine, Cobalt, Amber, and Turquoise – and the original kit is coming back as well! It will be called the “Cherry” edition.
Another week has gone by of 2012 – and it was an inspiring one! Spring is starting to “sprung” for most of the country, and with it comes flowers and brighter colors…
The bright spring colors were definitely on show this week in Ranger’s big announcement: Limited Edition Spring Seasonal Tim Holtz Distress Inks!