Welcome to World Cardmaking Day on Scrapbook Update! Sometimes, I’m inspired to make something just because I want to use certain products. I made this card awhile ago because as soon as I saw the Carta Bella “Metropolitan Girl” pad I thought it would go well with the Tim Holtz “Runway” stamp set, and I just had to try them out together!
[Disclaimer: My company is the social media manager for Buttons Galore, which makes the 28 Lilac Lane brand. This is not a sponsored post, although the products I used were supplied to me as part of my work for them. Some links may be affiliate links that pay this site a commission at no cost to the reader on purchases made after a click.]
- Metropolitan Girl by Carta Bella Paper – 6×6 pad (Scrapbook.com, Amazon, A Cherry On Top)
- Tim Holtz for Stamper’s Anonymous “Runway” stamp set (Scrapbook.com, Amazon, A Cherry On Top)
- Ranger Tim Holt Distress Ink – Antique Linen (Scrapbook.com, Amazon, A Cherry On Top)
- Ranger Archival Ink – Jet Black (Scrapbook.com, Amazon)
- Winsor & Newton Pocket Watercolor set (Amazon)
- 28 Lilac Lane “Poppy Fields” Premium Shaker Mix (Amazon)
- 28 Lilac Lane Tropical Twist Embellishment Kit (Scrapbook.com, Amazon, A Cherry On Top)
- 28 Lilac Lane Winter Wonderland Embellishment Bottle (Amazon, A Cherry On Top)
- PPA Matte Adhesive (Amazon, A Cherry On Top)
- Foam Dots (Scrapbook.com, Amazon, A Cherry On Top)
- Canson XL Watercolor Paper (Amazon, A Cherry On Top)
- card base
To start, I stamped one of the Runway stamps on watercolor paper with the Archival ink, and then painted it with my watercolors. When it was dry, I cut it out by hand. Then I simply created the card background from elements cut from the paper pad, and adhered it all together. (This is one of my favorite tricks for when I’m making cards and doing pocket scrapbooking!)
The last step was to add the dimensional elements to the card to create the top layer. I adhered the cut out watercolored figure with foam dots. Then I filled in some white space in the design by digging into my stash of 28 Lilac Lane embellishments. Little lovelies like buttons and pearls are my favorite go-to for adding just that little extra bit of dimension or color to a project – they are quick, easy and affordable, too! The PPA Matte adhesive is my favorite way to glue them down. It comes in a dispenser bottle that lets me dispense it in small amounts exactly where I want my embellishments to go, and it’s thick enough to hold the embellishments in place without shifting while it dries. And best of all, for messy scrapbookers like me, it dries clear and matte like the underlying paper so that stray spots of it on my project aren’t visible!
Thanks for dropping by Scrapbook Update on World Cardmaking Day to check out my latest card project! What did you make on World Cardmaking Day? Did you start your Christmas cards for this year, or make cards for another occasion?