CHA Mega Show 2015 | Scrapbook Storage & Organization Products

Scrapbook storage is always a hot topic for papercrafters, and several new options were on display at the CHA Mega Show 2015 that will be showing up on store shelves soon.

Deflecto, better known for office supplies than for craft supplies, was offering some modular pull down bins with some nice features not seen in similar bins, like a slot to hold a label for the bin’s contents.

Deflecto craft bins Deflecto craft binsDeflecto was also offering circular storage units with pie slice shaped bins that can be stacked. Deflecto storageDeflecto storageThe company also has tubular storage that will make washi fans take notice, and many of their items come in decor colors instead of functional white. Deflecto storageWe R Memory Keepers had a new entry for the rolling tote market (which hasn’t seen a lot of new product action lately), in bright stylish colors.

We R Memory Keepers TotesWe R Memory Keepers toteA cupholder that hangs off of the handle is available as an accessory to the new tote. We R Memory Keepers cup holderStacking paper trays and Ikea Expedit (aka the Kallax now) units are both very popular with papercrafters. We R Memory Keepers has an upcoming product that will make a lot of people happy – paper trays that fit inside the Ikea shelving units! The units also stack flat for shipping or storage – a boon for stores.

We R Memory Keepers paper traysWe R Memory Keepers paper trayCreative Options was back with updated style and color options in its storage and tote collection for 2015.

Creative Options Creative Options Creative Options Creative Options Creative OptionsEverything Mary was also at the Mega Show with a few new designs of totes and a new print pattern for their tote line. To see the details, visit YouTube to view a show report from Scrapbook.com.

There was a time in past years that the show floor was flooded with organization options but consumers are increasingly turning to DIY options for their organization (such as decorative Mason Jars) or purchasing organizers from non-craft retailers. So while organization is a hot topic in the industry (and on Pinterest), the market for specialty organization products has cooled.

, , , , ,

10 Responses to CHA Mega Show 2015 | Scrapbook Storage & Organization Products

1. Faith Gaspar February 7, 2015 at 9:57 pm #

Why oh Why, can’t Rubbermaid or someone could up with a hanging file system for 12 x 12 cardstock?? The Iris one is just too narrow, doesn’t hold very much… The Really Useful Box has such expensive shipping to get more file folders… gee only 5 come with the box. I have a couple of the older cardboard Retrospect, which I love, but they don’t make it any more.

I really like having a top to keep the dust, dog hair, spills, etc. out. I really like the hanging folder system. The Stack Trays for me, always take up more room and with the extra space between the trays, I end up putting the different papers and cardstock on top of each other, then it’s hard for me to shift through to find what I am looking for.

Out of all the 12 x 12 File Folders, the Iris, Really Useful Box, Retrospect, and Cropper Hopper are all different sizes where they fit on the rail, so they are not interchangeable. Yikes…. No wonder Scrappers, Card Makers, Artists, etc., have gone to DIY… No one has listened to their Pleas… lol The little pull out drawers that are in some collections, are made so cheaply they can not hold the weight of the cardstock and break apart. Having a Custom made Cabinet is out of the reach for many. So we are stuck with either plastic stacking trays or 8 Iris totes that stack around….

Please Industry… show us File Users some Love… for a Reasonable Cost….

Faith

2. gabmcann February 8, 2015 at 3:16 am #

i have an unreasonable love and obsession for organisation/storage products! Thanks for a great article Nancy!

3. kathyhpy February 8, 2015 at 6:52 am #

Love organization and just recently reorganized my craft room, but you’re right, we have turned to DIY to make our own organizational items. The scrapbook industry just charges way too much for this type of storage and since most of us would rather spend those dollars on the crafty items themselves, DIY storage is much more welcome!

That said, I am liking the Deflecto circular spinner storage!

Thanks for the report, Nancy 🙂

4. Marilyn E February 8, 2015 at 8:32 am #

Love to be organized and be able to put my hands on something quickly! Looks like some great new products! Thank you for sharing this information!

5. Jeanne Smith February 8, 2015 at 8:24 pm #

I love organizational products and can hardly wait to purchase some of those featured in this post.

6. Ann in PA February 9, 2015 at 10:51 am #

I love the new bags from WRMK. Folds away for storage–LOVE that. (Unfortunately, I own an old Cropper Hopper bag that is still going strong) That being said, it seems like the new cup holder would fit my bag!! The new paper trays fit my IKEA shelves. It looks like WRMK is helping me work with what I already own. Go WRMK!! I DIY many storage solutions, but would consider purchasing, if the items fit my storage space (Kallix/Expidite). I love to use clear plastic boxes, but I have yet to find some that fit my space well. They are either too wide or not long enough. My dream? A set of four boxes that fit into one of my cubes. Or two with dividers down the center. In the mean time, I will keep hunting. Thanks for another great article.

7. scrapper al February 12, 2015 at 1:05 am #

I second Faith’s comments about the hanging folders. I tried to go that route, but ran into the same problems. My favorite folders are pocket paper folders from Retrospect (they weren’t hanging). I wish someone would bring those back. I use them to organize my paper by color, brand, project, whatever I need at the moment and when I go to crops, I can just grab what folders I want and go. The folders are closed on three sides so nothing falls out. I keep my scraps together with full sheets which makes it easier for everything to get used. Did I mention how much I love these folders?

8. Terri Torrez March 4, 2015 at 4:15 pm #

I love that the containers are clear. I do t need cute containers if they’re filled with cute supplies. 🙂

9. Sarah June 20, 2015 at 9:43 am #

WRMK stated on their Facebook page that the clear 12×12 stacking trays DO NOT fit the kallax/expedit shelves. Just wanted to let people know before buying. I almost bought these for my kallax and I’m glad I found out before ordering. It would have been nice if they did.

• Nancy Nally June 23, 2015 at 9:47 pm #

That’s strange because I was told specifically at CHA that they were designed especially to be used in those units. Hmm.