Ali Edwards Partners with Studio Calico

Ali Edwards has announced via her newsletter that she is partnering with Studio Calico for the relaunch of her brand and her website, aliedwards.com.

ali edwards new

Edwards had recently terminated licensing agreements with Technique Tuesday for stamps and Designer Digitals for digital products, promising major changes were coming. Her website is currently down for reconstruction, but in the newsletter Edwards gave a sneak peek of what to expect when it relaunches later this week. She promises “you’ll find the blog, projects & galleries, and a pre-order for a monthly subscription. Over the course of the next few weeks a shop filled with many of my go-to items and a classes pages will go up.

All of this will be made possible via a new partnership with Studio Calico, who will provide logistical assistance for the kit and shop. Edwards has a long relationship with Studio Calico, as a member of their kit club creative team and as a user of their products. In the past few years, her Creative Team work has been almost exclusively focused on the company’s Project Life kits.

The newsletter also included a video that shares a vision of scrapbooking for the future of the Ali Edwards brand:

So why the rebranding and relaunching of the website? “For many years I’ve worked with a variety of different companies to create products and host workshops. I’m beyond excited to announce that I’m bringing everything together into one place,” Edwards explains in the announcement.

“Synergy” gets a bad name as a buzz word but that appears to be what Edwards is going for with the rebranding. Bringing all of her product lines under one roof gives her an element of control she previously did not have and it gives her the ability to market in ways she couldn’t before. Edwards’ brand, as successful as it is, has never reached a height of success that reflects the true level of influence she has exercised on the industry.

16 Responses to Ali Edwards Partners with Studio Calico

1. Vicki August 19, 2014 at 4:02 pm #

This saddens me as I think Ali will loose more than she will gain by giving her brand over to someone else. I look forward to seeing how this all shakes out. Ali has always been a leader in our hobby and I hope this new rebranding will elevate her.

• Ali August 19, 2014 at 4:49 pm #

HI Vicki – I’m not giving it away :). I’m still maintaining control and have a hand in every single decision and design. This is going to allow me to grow in ways that I just couldn’t (or didn’t want to) on my own.

• Ruly August 19, 2014 at 6:08 pm #

Congrats Ali! i wish you the best… it’s great you have the ability to recognize and move towards where you really want to focus. Keep enjoying your journey and inspiring us ;)

• Ali August 20, 2014 at 4:12 pm #

Thank you! Appreciate it!

• Planting Glitter August 19, 2014 at 11:34 pm #

It’s going to be great Ali! I am so excited for you.

• Ali August 20, 2014 at 5:52 pm #

Thank you!

2. nkmac August 19, 2014 at 4:57 pm #

Yay Ali…you go girl!!!….glad to see you with Studio Calico and Thanks again for sending my down load!!!

3. KristineS August 19, 2014 at 7:56 pm #

Good luck and I am excited….

4. Kara Koreis August 19, 2014 at 8:20 pm #

Personally I can’t wait to hear more about the monthly subscription kit. I’ve been looking for a new one and since I adore Ali’s style and love to support a fellow PNW’er I will be 100% on board!

5. gabmcann August 20, 2014 at 5:22 am #

I’m very excited about this! I’ve followed Ali for years and feel a connection with her as our sons are the same age! I think they even look alike (but that’s another story!). The video is just fantastic and I can’t wait to see what this partnership will bring!

6. kathyinmn August 20, 2014 at 7:33 am #

I think the cool thing as a consumer-her stuffs still available so YAY! From me as a consumer standpoint I don’t think this changes much for me, other than I’ll have a single starting point now to find her stuff.

7. Cynthia H August 21, 2014 at 2:55 pm #

I think your last sentence (“Edwards’ brand, as successful as it is, has never reached a height of success that reflects the true level of influence she has exercised on the industry.”) is right on and the new site does a great job towards rectifying that disconnect!! I love what Ali has done.

8. Susanne August 22, 2014 at 9:32 am #

Well, this is interesting. I too hope Ali keeps her unique style. Good luck to her.

9. almasmom August 22, 2014 at 1:44 pm #

Hmmn. Well that blows. NOT that I’m surprised or anything, not after SC sucked up BPC. I love all things Ali but I won’t be giving those weasels at SC my money just to get my hands on Ali’s digital designs. Fortunately, there are still plenty of those to be had at Designer Digitals, at least for a while.

• Nancy Nally August 22, 2014 at 4:40 pm #

I think you may be misunderstanding the relationship that Ali is going to be having with Studio Calico. She isn’t signing on with them as a signature designer – she’s owning her own company and partnering with them for logistics on certain things. I highly doubt that SC will be having anything to do with the sales of Ali’s digital stuff since there is nothing to ship or physically inventory in that transaction.

10. Julie Paule August 26, 2014 at 4:19 pm #

Very well said. She is super awesome.