New Product: Heidi Swapp Project Life Kits!

Heidi Swapp and Becky Higgins have announced that they are working together to produce a line of exclusive Heidi Swapp signature Project Life kits for Michaels Stores.

Heidi-Swapp-Project-LifeThe partnership between Becky and Heidi is not exactly unexpected. The pair have known each other a very long time, and Heidi has been part of the American Crafts family, which Project Life has been drawing on to create signature kits, for some time now. In addition, Heidi has a long history of creating custom exclusive lines for Michaels, so it makes sense that they would be interested in an exclusive Project Life product line with her name on it.

The most interesting thing about the announcement is not the partnership itself but the product line being produced, which features several innovations for the Project Life line that are sure to excite consumers.

First up, Heidi is introducing glossy gold -  a hot trend at the moment – to Project Life.

Heidi-Swapp-Project-Life-details

The gold is also being used in elements printed on transparency.

Another new element for Project Life is the introduction of what Becky called “value kits,” which feature embellishments along with coordinating cards.

Heidi-Swapp-Value-KitsThese kits are an interesting development for Project Life. They represent an acknowledgement by Becky that despite her marketing of the kit as a one box solution – “all you need is the core kit and a pen to make an album” – most people do not use Project Life that way, choosing instead to embellish their cards. These value kits are the first real product attempt by Project Life to service their customers’ desire to use their kits in that way.

It appears that in total the line will feature two core kits along with four “value kits” that include cards and coordinating embellishments. There’s also four new albums to match the collection.

Heidi Swapp Project Life products will be available “soon” at Michaels Stores and via the Becky Higgins web store. To see more of the line and the video of the announcement, visit Becky Higgins or Heidi Swapp on their blogs.

Update: Heidi released a new video today giving a tour of the product line. Warning – If you like her products and/or Project Life it will pretty much make your wallet explode! Heidi Swapp Project Life

, ,

13 Responses to New Product: Heidi Swapp Project Life Kits!

1. Debra August 6, 2014 at 8:23 am #

Oooooh, I heard it here first!

2. Laura (@Bookworm) August 6, 2014 at 11:15 am #

Big news day in the scrapbooking industry yesterday! These products look gorgeous. So far, I’ve done P.L. with the page protectors, but using non-PL papers/cards. This line might push me over the edge. :-)

3. Laura August 6, 2014 at 2:30 pm #

I’ve caved to PL for certain things (ie. An album of all the pics we printed especially for my son’s graduation “wall of embarrassment’ as he called it). I will always be a traditional scrap booker but I will use PL (or one of the many other like products out there) in traditional style or for that “certain thing”. I also can’t go without embellishing the cards. They always seem to need “something” added (Nancy I remember your travel to Creative World page…..).

4. Renee Joy August 6, 2014 at 6:47 pm #

Oh, Nancy, this is awesome news. Thank you for sharing. I did see the video; your post embellished (pardon the pun) this even more. Great job! I have not created the PL way before; now, I will combine it with my traditional scrapbooking….this is so amazing!!

5. gabmcann August 7, 2014 at 3:48 am #

Great post – thanks Nancy!

6. Lorraine R August 7, 2014 at 4:08 am #

Well I guess it’s awesome for everyone in the US – not so much anywhere else in the world. Unless they are willing to release it outside of Michaels, outside of the US!! (hint, hint)

• kimjeffress August 7, 2014 at 9:57 pm #

Lorraine I am not sure where you are but if you are in Australia these kits are going to be coming to Spotlight later this month!

7. toribissell August 7, 2014 at 9:20 am #

Hey Nancy I know some people online have said they already have the products available at their Michaels…so I think it’s already out there.

I’m glad they’ve gone with these value packs – they are right up my alley and I agree that it’s an acknowledgement of what the audience wants and uses PL for. I love to embellish my PL and although it’s suppose to be ‘simple’ I like it embellished. I hope these value kits do well and they come out with more in the future. I think they probably will because I think Heidi Swapp is popular and I think the value kits will sell really well.

• Nancy Nally August 7, 2014 at 10:08 am #

Oooh, thanks for the heads up Tori! I will definitely have to check my Michaels!

8. toribissell August 7, 2014 at 9:21 am #

Also, while I love core kits I don’t need that many copies of the same card. I like how the mini kits and the value packs come with only 2 or 3 of each design. More practical for me.

9. mandysea August 8, 2014 at 2:20 am #

Great post Nancy and agree with your comment! There are many of us who will never buy a core kit as I’d never use the same card more than twice! I get bored very quickly visually! If there’s been places offering 1/3 kits, I buy them in an instant and that’s what my home stash is made up with… that and mini-kits etc, so very glad to hear this…its just makes better business sense too! And yes… I’m with you toribissell, I like to embellish mine…. and, all much more practical!

10. bevelevy August 9, 2014 at 9:32 am #

Since We are Now Supposed to Receive All Heidi’s New Product Lines into Our Spotlight Stores here in Australia, (Similar to Michaels but on a Much Bigger Scale in Heidi’s Words.) When she Taught here In March this Year, I do Hope WE are getting them Too……..

11. almasmom August 14, 2014 at 8:32 pm #

Yeah, I’m kind of wondering when the Heidi PL product will hit the Canadian Michael’s stores — and how horrendous the mark-up will be. M’s have a bad habit of gouging their Canadian customers so I’m always a bit disappointed when getting gorgeous Heidi goodies means having to shop at Michael’s.