Ali Edwards Departing Designer Digitals

Ali Edwards announced today that she is leaving Designer Digitals, which has been home of her line of digital products since June 2008.

AE Beach for the Win“We wish her all the best as she evolves her brand. DesignerDigitals has been a leader in the digital scrapbook marketplace for nearly ten years and we will continue to forge new paths in the market,” Katie Pertiet, co-owner of DesignerDigitals.com, told Scrapbook Update about the announcement of Edwards’ departure.

The existing inventory of Ali Edwards products at DesignerDigitals – over 800 items – will continue to be available for another 18 months.

Through Edwards’ digital product line, scrapbooking events like December Daily and Week in the Life have become a fixture in the scrapbook industry. Her designs are also immensely popular with fans of Project Life, which Edwards promotes heavily on her website with her personal projects.

This is the second licensing arrangement that Edwards has ended this month. On July 1st, Technique Tuesday announced the end of its licensing arrangement for Edwards’ popular line of stamps. The end of these two deals leaves Edwards an unfettered free agent in all product areas, free to pursue new partnerships.

Edwards promised Scrapbook Update that her career as a digital designer is not over and said “I’m excited about what’s coming next….I love memory keeping and I love encouraging others to document and share and craft the stories of their lives.”

, ,

7 Responses to Ali Edwards Departing Designer Digitals

1. Susanne July 29, 2014 at 11:11 am #

Please don’t tell me she’s headed to American Crafts!

2. KathyinMN July 29, 2014 at 7:59 pm #

Hmmm…considering Project Life is working on an app and the popularity of the Rhonna app (with in app designs for purchase)-maybe that is where she is going to land. I’d buy the heck out of her stuff if I could use it on my phone or ipad.

3. gabmcann July 30, 2014 at 5:04 am #

Wow – I guess it’s “watch this space” to find out what happens!

4. Rebecca July 30, 2014 at 9:02 am #

I’m guessing Studio Calico. Just hope that if there is physical product that they can keep stock

5. toribissell July 30, 2014 at 9:10 am #

I’m wondering if she wants to start her own store or venture. Now that people know her so well and love her so much she totally could! I’ll follow wherever she may go. Love Ali!

6. almasmom August 5, 2014 at 12:31 pm #

If Ali takes her digital stuff elsewhere I hope it’s NOT Studio Calico. I can’t stand dealing with them since they teamed up with AC: their marketing’s really aggressive and their customer service is snotty and unhelpful. On the other hand Designer Digitals have always been such a pleasure to deal with. It’s too bad, really, ’cause I think they’ll loose Cathy Z. now too, given that BPC have been taken over by SC (which I was kinda hoping to read Nancy’s take on today).

• Nancy Nally August 5, 2014 at 12:36 pm #

Working on it right now. :)