For our readers’ convenience, Scrapbook Update publishes industry job listings in our main feed, with the company name in the header (usually)! To see a page listing all of these published jobs for easy reference, visit the Jobs category page of Scrapbook Update.
Editor’s Note: Appearing below is an abridged version of available job posting being fulfilled by The Creative Network. Please contact Jessica Goursolas at The Creative Network via email: jessica AT creativenetworkinc.com for more information.
Position: Product Development / Design Director
Company: Not Disclosed.
Location: Not Disclosed. Paid Relocation.
The primary focus of the Product Development Director is to lead in the creation of products that have great appeal to a broad audience, resulting in a minimum 15% EBITDA. The Product Development Director will:
1) Through constant and ongoing research, provide trend guidance for product appropriate to our consumers.
2) Be proactive in creating material, print or digital products or services.
- Product Development Directing involves doing creative and lateral thinking about customer needs, and then converting solutions for these needs into profitable products and services – 25%
- Create and lead staff to create target-audience appropriate projects and packaging – 35%
- Successfully manage/motivate in house staff and independent contractor designers while responding to quick turn around on trend projects driven by buyer request – 30%
- Create and manage annual budget for craft design department. Create and hold semi-annual performance reviews for staff -10%
- Perform other related duties, as required and assigned in order to meet business needs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A deep knowledge of the properties of all Craft materials, and first-hand experience in using them creatively.
- While not a requirement, expertise in knitting and crocheting and the yarns found in the craft industry a considerable benefit.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess the ability to manage multiple projects with constantly changing priorities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suites (primarily InDesign and Photoshop).
- Travel as needed, including internationally
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in art or design
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience demonstrating successful design skills in product development as well as employee management.
- Craft industry experience preferred.
For more information or to apply, contact Jessica Goursolas at The Creative Network via email: jessica AT creativenetworkinc.com