Since I love my Portrait machine so much I’m always excited to see what Silhouette has new in their booth at CHA. Once again this time I wasn’t disappointed – the company had some really exciting new media that I can’t wait to try playing with!
Vellum is really hot right now in paper crafting, and now there is vellum created just for cutting with Silhouette machines! There is also self-adhesive corrugated paper, great for creating die-cut textured shapes (like hearts and arrows) that are also popular at the moment.
This one really grabbed my attention – self-adhesive washi sheets, with 3 different strips of 4×12 design on each 12×12 sheet (just cut apart to use with the Portrait machine). I’ve been wanting to try cutting washi sheets with my machine. There’s some really cute designs here in some very trendy colors. I can’t wait to pair them with some of my favorite cut files for making cards and pocket scrapbooking elements.
One thing I’ve been needing to have is a mat that has a lower tack to it (essential for working with delicate materials), and now Silhouette has made one. The new Light Hold mats are available for both the 12″ and 8″ cutting width machines.
Pictured with the mats is another one of the new cutting media: stencil material! There are lots of great background designs in the Silhouette store, and now with the stencil material (which comes in 12×24 inch rolls) they can be used not only as a paper element but as templates, too.
The new Silhouette Connect plug-in is for users of Adobe Illustrator and CorelDraw, allowing them to cut direct from their machine instead of having to go through the Silhouette software with their files first.
The company is also launching some additional new items that were just announced: totes! There are two totes, one for each of the current models of machine. The tote for the Silhouette Cameo machine has additional room for toting your laptop, cords and a few scrap supplies with you.
The good news is that you can get almost all of these items now – and at a great discount – through our latest promotion from Silhouette!
Just use promo code UPDATE when you click here to visit the Silhouette America store to get the following discounts:
1. A Silhouette CAMEO, a Silhouette CAMEO rolling tote, a machine dust cover, and a $25 download card for $269.99. Retail price for all this is $411.97 - over $140 savings!
2. A Silhouette Portrait, a Silhouette Portrait rolling tote, a machine dust cover, and a $25 download card for $129.99. Retail price for all this is $251.97 – save over $120!
3. Any Silhouette CAMEO or Silhouette Portrait rolling totes in stock for 25% off
4. Any of the following new physical products, if in stock, for 20% off:
· Adhesive washi sheets
· Adhesive corrugated paper
· Stencil material
· Black and white sketch pen collection
· Portrait light hold cutting mat
· CAMEO light hold cutting mat
To get the discount, use promo code UPDATE when you click here to visit the Silhouette America store.
(Note that the graphic says the 24th but the sale actually starts today!)