Creative Memories Announces Plans for New Company: Ahni & Zoe

Creative Memories announced today (Monday) the company’s plans for an entirely reborn and reshaped company as they hope to emerge from bankruptcy next month. The new company has a new name, and new product line. It will also effectively be starting over in building its consultant corps, hoping for its current consultant corps to recommit to the new endeavor.

AhniandZoelogo

“Ahni & Zoe by Creative Memories” is tentatively scheduled to open for business by previewing to consumers in late November, but the “grand opening” isn’t scheduled until January. This week, the company is making their new consultant kit available for a promotional price of $79 to the first 3500 consultants who commit to the new generation of Creative Memories.

So what exactly is Ahni & Zoe? It’s easiest to start with what it is not. It has no digital offerings like the old company, or paper and stickers. The popular tool line is gone, except for a single adhesive dispenser that dispenses small tabs and a couple of pens. The popular album coversets and refills are gone, replaced by black and “greige” strap hinge albums with various styles of protector pages (including 12×12). There’s no more blank cardstock refill pages from Ahni & Zoe – all of the new refill pages are plastic protectors.

With all that gone…what are they actually selling? The company’s new offering is based on an iPhone app called “inawink” (which they promise will also be available in a web browser version soon) that they are marketing as allowing you to “shoot.edit.organize.print” all from the same application, and which includes access to a cloud storage service. The first GB of cloud storage is free, and then you can buy 10GB for $25/year, or unlimited storage for $75/year. You can also earn free storage (up to a maximum of 4 GB) by making print plan purchases through the app.

The company’s new album program is centered around two pre-designed options. One is the familiar Fast2Fab program from the company’s previous incarnation, which is coming back under the Ahni & Zoe rebranding. For those unfamiliar with it, Fast2Fab features 12×12 strap hinge albums with predesigned pages that are complete except for adding photos onto them. Eleven different themed album designs plus pre-designed refill pages for those designs are going to be available from Ahni & Zoe.

The second options are slide-in albums which utilize 4×6 photo pockets and a system of decorative cards similar to Project Life. There are 11 different designs of 4×6 card packs available, plus the albums (the previously mentioned black and greige colors, which have slide-in pocket pages or 12×12 full pocket pages available for them).

To view all of the new Ahni & Zoe products, visit the Creative Memories website to view the pdf of the Ahni & Zoe catalog.

This new realignment will dramatically change the company’s position in the marketplace. Ahni & Zoe will have a whole new set of competitors than original Creative Memories did. Whereas their competition has traditionally been companies like Stampin’ Up!, Close To My Heart, and Memory Works, plus of course the traditional scrapbook stores, now their competition will be more companies like Shutterfly and the manufacturers who produce Project Life and its plethora of copies. Ahni & Zoe is entering these two markets as a newcomer going up against very well established dominant players, and will have a steep hill to climb making inroads against them.

All of this of course, is missing one key element – court approval. The very existence of Ahni & Zoe is predicated on bankruptcy court approval of Creative Memories’ bankruptcy plan, which has not happened yet. The company’s creditors have to vote on the plan, and then a ruling is expected at a hearing scheduled for November 7th. Approval is certainly not guaranteed for the plan, which would throw the future of the entire company in doubt.

CrWF14_Scrapbook Update_380x380

399 Responses to Creative Memories Announces Plans for New Company: Ahni & Zoe

1. Shirley Di Paolo April 4, 2014 at 11:56 pm #

How do I get a plastic strip to keep the pages together in an album. I have one but seem to have lost the other

• Karen April 5, 2014 at 7:46 am #

I have one for a 12×12 album? If you want to private message me at neal4715@att.net with your address I will send it to you.

• Keith July 16, 2014 at 9:20 pm #

does anyone in the Frederick or washington Co ares of Maryland still do the scrap books from the original Creative Memories? Looking for someone to tie my book together, having issues getting mine to stay together. K….

2. Tamar Griggs May 27, 2014 at 3:28 pm #

Hi,

Do you have the original “Photo Splits” from Creative Memories?

Thanks,

Tamar Griggs

3. Sheri Horrocks May 30, 2014 at 12:38 pm #

Im looking for more phone page inserts for the creative memory albums. Do you have of those packages?

• Fay June 3, 2014 at 7:28 pm #

I have pages and albums

• Rose July 5, 2014 at 3:17 pm #

What color do you have in a 12×12 Creative Memories albums & how much?

• Sheri Horrocks July 5, 2014 at 4:11 pm #

What colors of albums do you have? How much are albums and extra pages?

4. Sheri Horrocks May 30, 2014 at 12:39 pm #

Meant “photo” page inserts not phone… LOL

5. Carol Huber June 3, 2014 at 11:30 pm #

I am looking for the little clear pockets from Creative Memories that you could put little treasures in and stick them to the page protector. Do you have any for Sale?

6. Mary Springer June 10, 2014 at 8:18 pm #

I am looking for 12×12 page protectors for Creative Memories Scrapbook. Made scrapbook for by in-laws; however, I need more of the 12×12 page protectors

• Susie Fong June 18, 2014 at 10:22 pm #

I am also looking for 12 x 12 page protectors. Would be grateful fid any leads.

• downtownjudy1955 July 5, 2014 at 5:28 pm #

I have a complete package of the pages and another package of the page protectors for 12 x 12. I don’t have the album. would be willing to sell..

7. Kathy June 12, 2014 at 12:01 pm #

Can we still buy Creative Memories products? The new stuff is not appealing at all. I want there more recent photo albums.

8. Sherri Swinford June 19, 2014 at 8:58 am #

I need an album engraved..how can I find someone to do it?

9. Terry June 19, 2014 at 9:16 am #

Try ebay for the 12×12 pages. There are alot of items.

10. Beth Salmons June 19, 2014 at 3:06 pm #

I am ISO 8×8 strap hinge pages and 8X8 page protectors. I have coverlets and nothing to put in them:(.

11. Sheila Walker June 21, 2014 at 10:22 pm #

Why can”t I get my vaults from creative memory. Do I have to buy your program in order to get my saved pictures in my vaults?

• Lori June 21, 2014 at 10:42 pm #

Not sure what vaults you mean. (1) online at CM photo center – is gone you cannot access anything that was there or (2) vaults within Memory Manager on your computer – you can access them just go into your directories and they are listed in items. Memory manager will still work unless your computer crashed.

12. Charity June 30, 2014 at 3:44 am #

Nothing about this new company is enticing at all…loved the old stuff :(

• jennifer June 30, 2014 at 8:56 am #

I agree Charity CM products were so much more enticing! Ahni & Zoe are not with it!

• cmcbonnie@aol.com June 30, 2014 at 9:49 am #

I agree Jennifer 100 percent … nothing about Ahni & Zoe interests me!

13. Penguino July 13, 2014 at 9:54 am #

I have a digital album which I created on the “old” program. It’s saved to my hard drive. Is it still possible to have it printed out in a hard copy or is all my work now screwed????

• Maggi July 18, 2014 at 11:24 pm #

Check out Panstoria. They created Storybook Creator for CM.

14. Emma Glover July 15, 2014 at 10:33 pm #

Help! I can’t “order” the photo book I just finished creating.
    Help!
    Thanks,
    Emma
    ejglover@shaw.ca

15. carole July 18, 2014 at 10:20 pm #

Absolutely not…just export as a jpeg file and print like you would a picture.

16. Teresa July 24, 2014 at 9:44 pm #

Very disappointed over the demise of CM. I’ve used this product for many years and feel at a loss as to what I am going to do. I prefer scrapbooking and have no interest in storing my pics on the cloud. Sad day, indeed, for those of us dedicated to photo journaling the ‘old fashioned way.” Hope you will find a way to bring CM back the way it used to be!

• anzphotomemories July 25, 2014 at 1:03 am #

Teresa,
      Check out the Ahni and Zoe website. They currently have a CM Outlet with products up to 85% off. The materials are in “raw” form, so the coversets must be manufactured. They are taking about 30 days from the time of order.

• Maxine Drapo August 12, 2014 at 3:41 pm #

I’m also very upset and unhappy CM has allowed this to happen! This new company has NO products that interest me at all. I have several albums started and had no idea CM was in trouble… I feel so betrayed by this

• jennifer August 12, 2014 at 5:05 pm #

Amen!!!!! I agree CM has turned us all away & took our projects with them!!!

• Joann August 19, 2014 at 5:08 pm #

Hi ladies, I was looking at this forum after I heard today that CM no longer exisits. Which for all users I am sorry. I am a L’BRI Skin Care Consultant and I wouild be so terribly hurt if that would ever happen. I feel so secure with my company , we talk directly to the owners at events. They are so like you and I. I know many ladies who have enjoyed CM so I feel sad for all.

17. Rebecca Wall July 25, 2014 at 11:04 am #

I have used Creative Memories for many years and found it my favorite program for storing my pictures. I now have windows 8. Is there a program for windows 8, that I can update to?

• Nancy Nally July 25, 2014 at 11:16 am #

If you are just looking for something that will organize and help you print your photos (with the bonus of being the best photo editor on the market – it will make your photos look amazing), I highly recommend using Adobe’s Lightroom. You can buy it as standalone software for about $100, or as part of a $9.99/month subscription package from Adobe that includes – I’m not kidding – the FULL version of Photoshop as well which usually retails for about $1000.

I recently subscribed to the Adobe Photographer Package, the $9.99/mo subscription that includes Lightroom and Photoshop. It totally changed the way I deal with my photos, even though I already had the desktop version of Lightroom.

• anzphotomemories July 25, 2014 at 8:27 pm #

Ahni and Zoe now has a photo print service as an interim to their future inawink app that will work on the iPhone.

• anzphotomemories July 25, 2014 at 10:07 pm #

Rebecca, See the comments above regarding Storybook Creator. You can just save your photos and print the jpegs with any photo company (drug store, Costco, Ahni & Zoe). However, if you want to create new pages, you will need to use Panstoria or try using the new photo printer option on the Ahni & Zoe webpage. Send me a PM if you need more details.

18. Nancy McVey July 28, 2014 at 4:15 pm #

I need the plastic strip to keep the pages together for a 7×7 scrapbook. Any ideas where I could find one?

19. Cindy Hamacher August 6, 2014 at 10:16 pm #

Iam very upset over the fact that I will not be able to purchase page protectors and photo splits for my creative memory albums. I have a lot of money invested in this product and understood that I would be able to add to my albums. Now that no longer seems to be true.

• Maggi August 6, 2014 at 10:48 pm #

Oh I think you will be able to get page protectors and photo tape runners with the new company from what the new owner says. I would not despair.

• Laura Jinkins August 6, 2014 at 10:57 pm #

Not to worry! Like you, I was concerned about how to finish my incomplete albums. Only a couple of days ago, I watched a YouTube video by Rhonda Anderson describing the new product line being introduced at Heritage Makers. All of the cover sets, refill pages, etc. are compatible with our old Creative Memories products.

• Laura Jinkins August 6, 2014 at 10:59 pm #

And I do not know why that video is the one that showed up, since I copied the link from the Rhonda Anderson bit from the Youngevity convention. Click on the “Playlist” in the upper lefthand corner and scroll down until you see “Our Memories For Life – New Products” by HeritageMakers. That’s Rhonda presenting the “new” but compatible products that will help us finish our albums and create new ones, too. :D

20. Bobbi Emmons August 7, 2014 at 8:24 pm #

Sad at demise of Creative Memories. i have been able to find some tools (I needed those 3 round red, blue, & green cutters for the round & oval templates), and packs of paper on Etsy and Ebay. Sorry, not at all interested in Ahni & Zoe as marketed thusfar. Will check periodically to see if their offerings improve. Wish they would focus on continuing Creative Memories products. Obviously there is still a market for them. Nevertheless, good luck Ahni & Zoe.

• jennifer August 8, 2014 at 8:17 am #

My sentiments Bobbi, I really miss CM! Ahni & Zoe are just not with it! But us die hard scrappers will survive somehow!

21. Mary August 12, 2014 at 5:15 pm #

My old CMC told me Ahni & Zoe has already been sold, does that mean it has already folded?

22. Adelina August 13, 2014 at 2:59 pm #

I’m having a problem ,I’m just finishing my granddaughters scrapbook and i don’t think my straps are going to be big enough to put back together.Is there larger straps i can use? I promised my granddaughter i was going to have it done by Dec. for her birthday.I need help plzz.

• MaryHansen August 14, 2014 at 9:49 pm #

My technique is to use 2 or more books.

23. Maggi August 20, 2014 at 4:36 pm #

Cm and A&Z have been sold to a Canadian gentleman in Hong Kong. I have read about his plans for the company and I think it will be back better than ever. I am very optimistic to hear the final plans!

• jennifer August 21, 2014 at 5:15 pm #

HELP! CM needs help & I am not sure a canadian in Hong Kong is the the answer, But time will tell…..!!!!

• Maggi August 21, 2014 at 7:49 pm #

He lost his wife awhile back due to a tragic auto accident and realizes the importance of recording our family and personal histories. He also was a facilitator for CM arranging for the best possible manufacturer of some of CM’s tools. So he has some background in the old CM. He is very dedicated to the company and is a good businessman. Expect good things.

• jennifer August 21, 2014 at 8:17 pm #

praying for him….and sorry to hear about his wife…just hope we can get something good going like CM!