Creative Memories Announces Plans for New Company: Ahni & Zoe

Creative Memories announced today (Monday) the company’s plans for an entirely reborn and reshaped company as they hope to emerge from bankruptcy next month. The new company has a new name, and new product line. It will also effectively be starting over in building its consultant corps, hoping for its current consultant corps to recommit to the new endeavor.

AhniandZoelogo

“Ahni & Zoe by Creative Memories” is tentatively scheduled to open for business by previewing to consumers in late November, but the “grand opening” isn’t scheduled until January. This week, the company is making their new consultant kit available for a promotional price of $79 to the first 3500 consultants who commit to the new generation of Creative Memories.

So what exactly is Ahni & Zoe? It’s easiest to start with what it is not. It has no digital offerings like the old company, or paper and stickers. The popular tool line is gone, except for a single adhesive dispenser that dispenses small tabs and a couple of pens. The popular album coversets and refills are gone, replaced by black and “greige” strap hinge albums with various styles of protector pages (including 12×12). There’s no more blank cardstock refill pages from Ahni & Zoe – all of the new refill pages are plastic protectors.

With all that gone…what are they actually selling? The company’s new offering is based on an iPhone app called “inawink” (which they promise will also be available in a web browser version soon) that they are marketing as allowing you to “shoot.edit.organize.print” all from the same application, and which includes access to a cloud storage service. The first GB of cloud storage is free, and then you can buy 10GB for $25/year, or unlimited storage for $75/year. You can also earn free storage (up to a maximum of 4 GB) by making print plan purchases through the app.

The company’s new album program is centered around two pre-designed options. One is the familiar Fast2Fab program from the company’s previous incarnation, which is coming back under the Ahni & Zoe rebranding. For those unfamiliar with it, Fast2Fab features 12×12 strap hinge albums with predesigned pages that are complete except for adding photos onto them. Eleven different themed album designs plus pre-designed refill pages for those designs are going to be available from Ahni & Zoe.

The second options are slide-in albums which utilize 4×6 photo pockets and a system of decorative cards similar to Project Life. There are 11 different designs of 4×6 card packs available, plus the albums (the previously mentioned black and greige colors, which have slide-in pocket pages or 12×12 full pocket pages available for them).

To view all of the new Ahni & Zoe products, visit the Creative Memories website to view the pdf of the Ahni & Zoe catalog.

This new realignment will dramatically change the company’s position in the marketplace. Ahni & Zoe will have a whole new set of competitors than original Creative Memories did. Whereas their competition has traditionally been companies like Stampin’ Up!, Close To My Heart, and Memory Works, plus of course the traditional scrapbook stores, now their competition will be more companies like Shutterfly and the manufacturers who produce Project Life and its plethora of copies. Ahni & Zoe is entering these two markets as a newcomer going up against very well established dominant players, and will have a steep hill to climb making inroads against them.

All of this of course, is missing one key element – court approval. The very existence of Ahni & Zoe is predicated on bankruptcy court approval of Creative Memories’ bankruptcy plan, which has not happened yet. The company’s creditors have to vote on the plan, and then a ruling is expected at a hearing scheduled for November 7th. Approval is certainly not guaranteed for the plan, which would throw the future of the entire company in doubt.

CrWF14_Scrapbook Update_380x380

396 Responses to Creative Memories Announces Plans for New Company: Ahni & Zoe

1. Debra williams December 29, 2013 at 5:18 pm #

Wow, sad to see this kind of attitude from scrapbookers. The ones I know respect everyone’s style and choices. There is enough out there for everyone. I am sure a company is going to step up and fill the gap left by CM. I have only met one mean scrapbooker in 10 years.

• Laura Jinkins December 30, 2013 at 11:56 am #

You are very fortunate, Debra! When I was a CMC (1997-2002), I remember horrid cat fights on the scrapbooking bulletin boards between the CM loyal and all the “other” scrapbookers out there. And I remember CMC’s turning in other CMC’s for violating the consultant agreement (selling online, in a brick and mortar store) . . . anytime I ran across someone violating the terms, I would ask them if they knew it was against their agreement (some people sign without reading, you know. . .), but I would NEVER report them to corporate. Adult (supposedly) women tattle-telling on each other is so unattractive.

Part of the reason I left CM was because they were so hardcore — “Our supplies and ONLY our supplies” . . .I hated stifling my customers’ creativity by telling them they could only use CM product.

I hate seeing this attitude, too, but truthfully — it does not surprise me.

• Debra Williams December 30, 2013 at 1:01 pm #

Hi, Laura! I did not expect a reply. I am not a CMC, but have been a customer for about 7 years. My CMC is/was great. Dont know what she is going to do now…stay or go. I believe she followed the contract as she would host crops and have CM stuff available for purchase or order. I am a unique customer because I dont like to wait, so I usually ordered from her online. And she was fine with that. But most of all she was always open to help us with anything scrappy that we were struggling with. If CM did not sell it and we were looking for other options she would offer advice as would the other ladies in our group, i.e. pens to write on slick surfaces…slick writers. Ideas to make my journaling straight…stamped lines, laser pens. These things had no CM options but she helpled me. And she never looked down on anyone who might have some contraband. We live in a small town and HL is our only shopping choice so sometimes our gifts from family and friends was not CM products or sometimes we just wanted to try something different. She would encourage us in all projects and tasks…CM or not. I thank God for her and hope she finds a happy place to continue to provide us with guidance and support if not supplies. I loved the high quality of CM cardstock and the consistent colors…I have found that SU and CTMH also has great paper and at a cheaper price. So, I think if people will calm down and look around online or talk to friends they will be alright. There are bigger problems in the world..memorykeeping should be our happy place. Maybe I will see you around online!

• Laura Jinkins December 30, 2013 at 1:13 pm #

I think I would like your CMC, since we think a lot a like — I did not want to be the “contraband police” — and I actually managed to “convert” someone who became a dear friend to scrapbooking by being a “gentle” CMC. She’d been to one class where the CMC screeched “You’re RUINING your photographs!” to everyone there. She decided to give CM one more chance by coming to my class and I was able to persuade her to give scrapbooking another try. Even though I am not a CMC any longer, I still like to work on my books, and we try to scrapbook together every few weeks, just the two of us. Like you said, it’s our “happy place” – the opportunity to forget all the stress in the world and focus on what really matters: our families and our memories. :)

2. Paula December 29, 2013 at 6:29 pm #

I’m just so sad to see Creative Memories, as we knew it, gone. I hope this new venture works for them, and that they will be able to blossom in a competitive marketplace.

• jennifer January 8, 2014 at 12:12 pm #

Amen I miss CM as they were! I love CM!

3. Janet December 30, 2013 at 12:32 pm #

Does anyone know if there is a way to migrate all of my photos from the CM “vault” to another tool/application?

• Rebecca Ramsey January 5, 2014 at 4:11 am #

CM’s software should still work as long as you have it on the same computer, so don’t panic. You can still get at your “vault”. The company that actually created the software for CM is called Panstoria. Their own software was slightly different than the CM versions, but they’ve made sure that CM users can move smoothly to Panstoria versions of the software, including reading the CM “vaults”.

• Susanne February 6, 2014 at 11:58 am #

Does anyone have more information on getting my CM Vault photos out of the vault and in a format that I can load them into my new Apple Mac Book Pro?

• Karen February 6, 2014 at 12:02 pm #

When I had mine in the vault I just loaded all the pics onto an external hard drive and then transferred onto my Mac. You should be able to make copies and then add them to the external!

4. Jax December 31, 2013 at 12:29 am #

I was saddened to hear of the changes to CM. I have had a fantastic CMC for the last 15 years or so, and will be stocking up on whatever stuff she has left. I am a “dinosaur” and a traditional scrapper who finds venues such as Snapfish flat and boring, and more often then not, poorly laid out. I have tried the digital thing, and have been extremely frustrated because I cannot do what I have in my mind’s eye. Far too limiting for someone like me. I love textures and dimension in my books. I don’t own a “smartphone”, and always thought rain and snow came from clouds…. Alas, poor CM; I knew ye well…..and I will continue to stock up yearly at a wonderful scrapbook store in Myrtle Beach. Good Luck! You’ll need it!

• Bonnie Solomon January 1, 2014 at 8:38 am #

Jax: can you tell me the scrapbool store in Myrtle Beach. I am a former CMC and am still in shock of the end of CM. My mother was dying this past year. I was not able to stock up on supplies I needed for my several unfinished scrapbooks as I was very busy with Mother. Needless to say, I am not interested in putting my faith and money into CM’s new company! Not quite sure why the end came. I am just very upset on this subject. My son lives in Myrtle Beach whom I will be visiting in a couple weeks and I would love to see the scrapbook store you mention. Thanking you in advance.

• Amy Barr January 1, 2014 at 1:04 pm #

I am very disappointed with the new CM launch. The old product of coversets and pages were a staple in scrapbooking. I was hoping the new line would carry the old basics, but no. So,might I ask what products everyone is switching too. Im going to run out of stock eventually.

• Watergirl January 1, 2014 at 2:16 pm #

I was so saddened to hear about this as my very good friend was a CM consultant. She is devastated, and I for her. If you are looking for a similar style I truly encourage you to check out Close to my Heart as they are responding to this lose by expanding their line to include albums, memory protectors, and coordinating stickers similar to CM. They also stepped up and allowed CM consultants in Australia and New Zealand sign for free with a convention, because they were left without a Convention and no way to get their money back without major hassle. Please don’t be discouraged, remember what it’s all about: memories, creating them and keeping them. No company can take that from you. I’m hoping for all the pain to pass soon for everyone and to hear excitement again in the papercrafting world.

Watergirl wishes and Paper Dreams to everyone.

5. Chelsea Teeple January 2, 2014 at 4:55 pm #

Anyone know of any other place you can order a custom cover for a strap-hinge album? I loved the ones CM had available, but unfortunately Ahni and Zoe and Panstoria do not offer that option now.

• carole January 4, 2014 at 12:27 pm #

I have a 12 x 15 black

• Marnzzz999 January 19, 2014 at 5:39 pm #

Chelsea Teeple, I am desperate to find out if anyone is doing custom coversets as well. My first daughters 0-2 yr album is gorgeous and I want the same for my new baby girl. Please let me know if you find out.

6. Nancy January 2, 2014 at 6:44 pm #

CM is not the only one closing their doors. Sad but unstoppable, and a sign of the times of fast paced, instant gratification, hard economic times. Cherish my years with the old CM, their fantastic products and amazing tools even more now that I always have. Michael’s, JoAnne’s and other scrapbook related stores have left me empty handed with no desire to purchase even products on clearance. Times have changed my friends, and change is inevitable. Nothing is forever.

7. Trish January 3, 2014 at 9:07 pm #

Having been a CM customer for over 17 years, I am extremely upset that CM has decided not to offer the superior tools with the new company. I have always praised CM for their tools and even converted some of my scrapbooking friends to their tools. I have begun shopping on ebay and other online places for CM products. Looking at what the new company is offering I know that I won’t be purchasing anything from them. I have a friend that is a CTMH consultant and another one that is a SU consultant and since CM shut down in August I have been ordering from them. I’ve also started doing more shopping at the 3 stores in my area: Michael’s, Joann’s, & HL. It was a very sad day for me when my consultant called to say that CM had filed bankruptcy and if I wanted to order anything we had to get the order (back in August). At that time I ‘stacked up’ on tools, blades, pages & page protectors. I know that she won’t be rejoining CM due to their limitations.

8. Julie January 4, 2014 at 1:23 pm #

I have been a traditional scrapbooker for 16 years and I sincerely hope you choose to offer the strap hinge albums again. I can get paper/cardstock anywhere but there isn’t anything on the market like the beautiful CM albums. Also CM finally got the tape runner right and now it’s different AGAIN??!! Change is good but there are still many of us out here who don’t like the digital, and would really like more options and choices to your new product line (or lack thereof). Thank you for your consideration.

• jennifer February 3, 2014 at 12:48 pm #

Yes i love there albums, also. I do beleive that ahni & Zoe will come out Ok, in the future, they are starting out slow, but I beleive they will be great in the end! Jennifer

9. Kathi January 4, 2014 at 5:14 pm #

Not sure what made me log on to CM since I havent done anything for ages–only to now find out about this, Like Janet above, how does one go about moving things out of the vault?

10. Lisa January 7, 2014 at 3:14 am #

I was shocked, devasted, and disappointed, to learn about all the changes taking place with CM. Several ladies and I enjoyed getting together at our CMC’s home to work on our unique photo albums. We shared our ideas with each other and learned new techniques. When new tools were introduced, we liked learning how to use them and helping each other with them. Our albums would be filled with layers and textures that could be touched. We took pride in our projects, and each book was a labor of love. The new products sound boring and won’t allow for much creativity. Why would I want my books to be just like everybody else? I have been a CM customer for many years, along with most of my scrapbook buddies, but we will NOT continue to purchase items in the future.

• Carol January 11, 2014 at 11:13 am #

I have to agree. I liked getting together with friends and doing scrapbooking. I liked the albums that CM had and the ideas of some of the other women. Scrapbooking must not be what it used to be. I was disappointed when I heard they were not going to be around. Then I learned that another one of my favorite scrapbooking stores is going out. Is scrapbooking going out?Sad my granddaughter just loves her books. However, I had a hard time with my consultant.

• itsybel, IsabelsScrapbooks.com January 11, 2014 at 10:56 pm #

Scrapbooking is NOT out, just look around your area for local scrapbook stores and groups, classes, etc. or online . . . Scrapbooking will not go out as long as there are still cameras. :)

11. Roberta January 7, 2014 at 9:21 am #

Is there a company that prints book as beautifully as C.M. ?
    I have had many albums printed of holidays and etc. I feel it is such a waste of all the lovely papers that are on the computer and I still have several unfinished books to be printed.

• jennifer January 8, 2014 at 12:20 pm #

me too, We need to protest & bring back the old CM!!! LOL But the new is not the SAME!!!

• Rebecca January 11, 2014 at 7:59 pm #

Hi Roberta,

Don’t know if this is helpful but I still create my pages in CM software, save them as individual sizes and then import them into iPhoto on my mac. They make very nice quality books as well at decent prices.

I’ve also printed my pre-designed pages (at Costco) as 12×12 photos and slipped them into 12×12 albums (page protector sleeve style) (another option if you don’t have access to a mac) They are not bound but still look very nice :)

• Rebecca January 11, 2014 at 8:01 pm #

sorry, I meant to say:

“I still create my pages in CM software, save them as individual jpeg Photos and then import them into iPhoto on my mac.”

• Kathi January 13, 2014 at 2:11 am #

Rebecca;
          Thanks for your post. I had pictures in the revised version of the vault and then also was using the digital papers a bit. I haven’t done anything for ages and thought I better get my pics to an online storage cloud for safe keeping only to read about all this. Is there still a customer service number that I can call and have someone walk me through any questions I have about locating and exporting my pics? I saw a company name Panstoria above???
          Grateful for any info you can provide!

• Maggi January 13, 2014 at 4:46 am #

I have seen many postings on CM consultant Facebook groups that Panstoria and Persnickety so a great job printing books. SBCreator can still be used as well as the art packages. I have some art packages at a discount if you need any. 714-350-9398

12. Dawn January 15, 2014 at 9:31 am #

Dear Nancy, I just want to thank you for posting this informative article. Nice to know what happened and what our options are.

13. Dawn January 16, 2014 at 10:56 pm #

OMG….This suck so bad. I really liked how Creative Memories was ran. I loved the digital center and how I could order my page prints to fill my album. Now with that gone I don’t think I will continue as a customer with this new ownership. I just don’t like it! I a person that does not like change and I for sure don’t like this change. Good Bye Creative Memories.

14. Jeanne Hubbard January 17, 2014 at 7:03 pm #

Jeanne says:
    January 17, 2014 at 5 pm
    Today I called a good friend who was a CM consultant and she told me all about the new changes. At first it seemed Ok, but after I got off the phone I realized NOT ok at all! This transformation that has taken place is like going from a warm family style dinner to a drive up for fast food. Life is way to short to cast aside the building of friendships. The conventional way of scrapbooking was more than just putting albums together : it was building and restoring relationships and family ties. It was healing. Grateful for time!

15. Alexandra January 17, 2014 at 11:38 pm #

I am 26, just had a baby and ordered two scrap books and only a few refill pages and protectors with them in September. I have ran out of pages fast and went to order new ones to find this sad sad news about the company. I loved the scrapbook albums and pages. I have now started looking at different albums to continue scrapbooking with since my current ones I can’t fill up since I ran out of pages and I hate them all!!!! I wish they would have kept at least those couple of products! I’ m beyond sad.

• Jeri January 23, 2014 at 1:21 pm #

Just a suggestion. You can still purchase refill pages and protectors from Ahni and Zoe by Creative Memories that will work with your original albums. They work with the True 12×12. I believe the set of predesigned pages and protector packets offered by them are actually less expensive than buying them individually before from the old Creative Memories. If you like some of the predesigned pages, use them as they are. There are typically 2-3 photo layout options for simply placing your photo on the page. Lots of room to crop and add additional photos as well. If you don’t like the colors or designs you can always purchase papers [like old Power Palette] from another store and cover the page with your own design. They also have the option to purchase vertical and horizontal slide-in packets that you can incorporate into your scrapbook album, along with some decorative slide-in ‘sayings’. Hope this is helpful.

16. Sabrina January 18, 2014 at 6:12 pm #

I so feel all of your pain. I was a little tearful at the thought of all these changes and how it happens so fast. It makes me so uneasy when things change and I know it is a part of life but… scrapbooking for me is my passion for my family captured with my own hands for them. I always made my albums by hand with the intention that my children, grandchildren, great grandchildren would know me and how much I loved my family. I made sure I put my handwriting in there so it could be a personal as possible. There are some things technology cannot replace and the albums I have created over the past fourteen years are priceless. CM had the best cutting system ever. I have a two sets of blades and I hope they will last me the rest of my life because I don’t hate them for changing but I am not changing with them. I sincerely hope that they support some of the product lines for the old die hard scrapbookers like me. I am sure the market is still there and a company will take its place. So keep calm and carry on Ladies.

17. Sue January 21, 2014 at 8:19 pm #

Hi everyone – have read through all of the comments above. I agree with all of you that it is very sad that CM is no longer. The products they carried could not be matched by anyone and the new products with A and Z are boring and do not allow creativity. Also I have a friend who has the Storybook Creator software and says she had to change computers and the software will not reload for her. Does anyone have any suggestions on how she can get it loaded to her new computer??? Thanks for any input. Continue scrapbooking and preserving memories for your family in years to come.

• Jeri January 23, 2014 at 1:33 pm #

Here is probably the best resource for questions regarding StoryBook Creator and Memory Manager software since Creative Memories’ Bankruptcy. This is the Facebook site for the original designers of these Creative Memories software products:
      As I understand it, After December 31st , Panstoria will no longer activate StoryBook Creator and Memory Manager software. You will NOT be able to activate your old programs again on another computer. The agreement for Panstoria to support Creative Memories programs was limited through Dec. 31st. BUT don’t worry. If you have to get another computer, you can purchase Panstoria’s replacement software for Memory Manager [Historian] and replacement software for StoryBook Creator [Artisan]. The good news, you can use them on two
      machines!

As I understand, it is virtually identical to our current software. It is less expensive than the original MM and SBk. In the ballpark of what would have been an upgrade price for the older programs. And there are new upgrade features in the replacement software. And you don’t have to download any updates prior to buying Historian and Artisan.

Your memory vault will work with Historian.

Your projects and content will work with Artisan.

You can actually continue to buy former CM content through the end of March from Panstoria, I believe. You do not need to activate content that you now own prior to Dec. 31st.

At some time in the future, the ability to upload CM software projects to
      the Panstoria site for printing will probably go away when they make some revisions and won’t want to continue to support an older platform. But it is that way with almost all software anyway. [CM wasn't going to support SBk 3.0 forever either after the upgrade to 4.0. Similar thinking.]

So it appears that the worst that could happen if you don’t have your
      current programs upgraded by Dec. 31st is having to purchase Panstoria’s versions of MM and SBk. Their pricing is reasonable [in the ballpark of an upgrade], you can use it on two machines and there are new features. Had Creative Memories remained in business, we would have been due for an upgrade soon anyway!

Good digital news! You will be able to continue with a totally familiar platform and continue to access your photos and projects.

Hope this was helpful.

• jennifer February 10, 2014 at 9:36 am #

Jeri this was very helpful. But one question. Should I get artisian now or wait until I need it, in the future? Jennifer Jackson

• Donn February 8, 2014 at 3:03 pm #

I am having the same problem. Got a new computer and cannot get my programs on to it. However, they will gladly sell me their new software. Not so sure I want to invest anything more in a company that reorganizes and holds my programs hostage.

18. jeriaustin January 23, 2014 at 1:19 pm #

• Lori January 23, 2014 at 1:30 pm #

The verticle and horizontal pages will not fit into the traditional coversets, they are to wide. Same with the pocket page. It is actually to big for a 12×12 page. It just slides around in there. The price point is cheaper, because so is the quality. The pages are ok, ugly, but ok, and yes you can walpaper over them. I do not like the cheap feel of the new page protectors though. Close to my Heart has picked up where CM dropped the ball. On Feb 1 they are releasing a 12×12 side load page that will fit into the True 12×12 CM coversets. They are exceptional quality. I have them arleady and I love them.

19. Jean January 25, 2014 at 6:04 pm #

I loved the Memory Manager. My computer crashed and now I cannot load a new version. Does anyone know of another great program for storing and sorting your pictures?

20. Pam January 26, 2014 at 2:09 pm #

Should we transfer our photos from Memory Manager to another program now? Any suggestions? Also, Storybook Creator – can we use all of the artwork we ordered for it elsewhere?

21. Anita January 29, 2014 at 1:37 pm #

Just wondering how do I order some of the products I see on this site?

• Pam Holbrook January 29, 2014 at 10:14 pm #

If you do not have a consultant I would be happy to serve you. My personal site is… ahniandzoe.com/pamelaholbrook

You can order direct on there and have it sent right to you. Thanks for asking. If I can help you in any way, please drop a note on there and I can contact you when you leave your contact info. Take care!

22. alanderson66 February 3, 2014 at 11:28 am #

Wow. Looks like the new company is not reading the trends or listening to customers….which is what got them in trouble in the first place. Won’t expect to see them around very long. It’s sad. I have and love a lot of their tools. They just stopped innovating and they were so stifling.

Quick story to the CM attitude: was at Michael’s shopping (years ago – hadn’t been scrapping long) when my girlfriend and I struck up a conversation with someone who turned out to be a CM consultant. We were talking about the new pretty papers and she said, “Well, we all just do the best we can” as a huge snub to the Michael’s products and US for our choices!

So really CM brought it upon themselves. I see Stampin’ Up going somewhat in that direction. The difference is that they are keeping up with the trends (mostly) and are innovating. They also have a lot of presence on pinterest and around the web.

• Laura Jinkins February 3, 2014 at 11:45 am #

Can’t help but wonder what that CM was doing in Michael’s! ;)

I was a CM for five years, and that is part of the reason I became discouraged with the company. “Our way or no way . . .” I guess I wasn’t a very good consultant because I encouraged my customers/friends that I didn’t care what they used as long as it was photo-safe. We would laugh about our “contraband” and keep on scrapping. I am just now getting back into scrapbooking (with a friend every other Friday) and I wish I had the money to do retreats. We have so much fun and get such great ideas from each other. :)

23. Karen February 6, 2014 at 8:10 am #

Wow, shocked but not surprised I was a CMC when it was “Shoe Box to Showcase” and remained a CMC for 18+ yrs so many changes to many to say the least usually slow on the uptake to keep up with other companies and “new” products out there. I think they had very poor managemant at some point and even though I did not care for the Original co-founder she held the company together that is for what I was allowed as a CMC to know. It was a solid company, I am not sure what “really” happened but I can hinder a guess! I got out when I thought things were not so rosy anymore, I miss so many of my CMC’s we had great times at conventions etc….I agree that the strict policy of you can not come to my workshop with other products soured many! It is sad to see it go. I think there is way to much available out there today that is easier and cheaper in order to store your photos! The digital world has “almost” killed the traditional Scrapbook, sign of the times I guess!

24. Kelly February 7, 2014 at 1:08 pm #

HELP! My computer has crashed and I’ve had to purchase another one but ALL of my Digital CM Artwork,SBC4 and MM is on the old one…..I have the original SBC+ CD, but most of the upgrades were done by downloads…the same with the Digital Artwork. Is all this lost, or can it still be re-downloaded? Any help would be appreciated!! I have ALOT of CM artwork I would still love to use.
    Thanks, Kelly

• Karen February 7, 2014 at 3:19 pm #

The same thing happened to me I had to have a computer guy get all my stuff off and onto an external hard drive, some of the downloads you may or may not get, that is the sad part of not keeping files on an external hard drive I learned my lesson and switched to a Mac Book I used to use all of CM’s stuff however now that they are no longer giving tech support you may want to switch anyway, sorry this has happened to you it is a bit sickening to say the least!

• jennifer February 7, 2014 at 8:23 pm #

I agree it is sickening & sad that, we loose everything we got from CM, if we loose our computor that it is on…I loved CM , & have a Lot of their stuff, & I am trying to get it backed up, to try to save it! We all need any help that anyone can give!! Jennifer jackson

25. Jenny Fitzsimmons February 8, 2014 at 11:51 am #

Sad to see this happen to CM. Some of us could care less about a smart phone and if I wanted slid in photo books, I would just go to Michaels. I loved the concept of sitting down with friends and cropping pictures. It not just about preserving the memories, it’s about spending time with friends.

26. jennifer February 8, 2014 at 12:02 pm #

Yes scrapbooking parties were fantastic with good friends. But I can scrapbook at home alone too, but would live to have my CM back, hahaha!!! We just hope that the new arni & Zoe will come alive soon!! Jennifer jackson

27. jennifer February 8, 2014 at 7:21 pm #

Amen holding my programs hostages, hit it on the nose!!! Now we have to find someone else to do our digital scrapping with??? I am PISSED!!! jennifer jackson

• Karen February 9, 2014 at 7:55 am #

I had Story Book on my PC it crashed and I lost all the program and all the other downloads I switched to a Mac book and just did a book of our HI trip using the iPhoto and Apple print the book and it was just as nice as CM’s actually the pages are thicker they do not have as many choices however I have found less is best. There are a number of other ways to do digital scrapbooking and I have a ton of stuff left I saved after quitting my business after 18+yrs I thought I would continue to make 12×12 pages which I would have Costco print, but I have not, thank good ness my kids are old enough now I am not as “concerned” as when they were young, but I would ditch doing anything else with CM and go with a company that won’t go in the toilet, sadly they tried to have way to much stuff and poor management killed the business in my book, as a consultant you could not carry all that product they finally made it so you could order and have it sent, but that timely was to late for me. If you have an external hard drive I would try and unload your photos onto that. That is how I got my pics back I always backed up onto the external.

• jennifer February 9, 2014 at 8:47 am #

Thanks Karen, for your help! I will stay with panstoria for a little while. But I am going to try to back up as mush as POSSIBLE on hard drive before my pc crashes. I just got a new one recently , & I have already been the root of trying to retreive everything from CM, It was a nightmare!!! But I love scrapbooking…they are not going to stop me!!! Thanks again Karen!

28. Amanda Taig February 8, 2014 at 9:20 pm #

Hi Pam,Like so many of you, i loved the CM products but mostly the albums & pages.I purcahsed 6 albums to do document my babies first 12 months but never got the opportunity to puchase the pages & protectors in time..the moment CM annouced that they were closing here in Australia,they took all pages & protectors off the market & pretty much everything else they had in stock was sold off in limited bundles..You can only imagine how frustrated & devastated i was.I tryed to access the new site via you’re site address but cannot get past the home page..maybe because im not in the US.Would you consider selling me just the pages & protectors i need to complete these albums.
    Regards Amanda

• Susanne February 9, 2014 at 1:14 am #

I have seen some pages and page protector on Amazon. I hope this help.
      This whole makes me very sad too.

29. Amanda February 9, 2014 at 9:27 pm #

Thanks Susanne i will have alook.there are a few for sale here on Ebay but asking close to $100 for just 1 set of pages & protectors & i still may not be able to buy the amount i need.

30. Laura February 14, 2014 at 11:17 pm #

Hi Susanne, CTMH are selling 12×12 pages and protectors that fit CM albums, and they’re not as expensive as ebay, they’re quite reasonably priced. I’m a digital scrapper, but I love love loved the albums.

31. jennifer February 15, 2014 at 10:08 am #

Thanks susanne, I do digital now also, but I still traditional scrap & I LOVE the CM albums!! Thanks again, Jennifer

32. Brenda February 15, 2014 at 6:05 pm #

Laura ,what does CTMH stand for? I looking for older page protectors for CM ALBUMS! I am so bummed they closed, I also was a consultant & NEVER did anyone tell me “other” scrapbook supply tools couldn’t be used. Thanks, Brenda

33. Rozanne February 16, 2014 at 5:48 am #

I would like to become a consultant and sell A & Z products, how do I go about doing this ? Thank you , Rozanne

• Nancy Nally February 16, 2014 at 10:52 am #

Rozanne, Scrapbook Update is a scrapbook industry news site that is not affiliated in any way with Creative Memories or Ahni & Zoe. You need to go to the Creative Memories website (www.creativememories.com) to find out about becoming a consultant.

• Pam Holbrook February 16, 2014 at 9:06 pm #

Rozanne I would also be very happy to help you. Feel free to contact me via…www.ahniandzoe.com/pamelaholbrook or at my email…shininglite4him@hotmail.com. Thanks! Pam Holbrook

34. cindyrn February 19, 2014 at 6:27 pm #

I did not read all the entries, so this information may have been passed along already. If DIGITAL scrapping was your “thing” and you’re feeling lost with the decision of CM not to continue with the digital side of their business, I found pixels2pages.net. It is a wonderful source of inspiration AND teaching. All the women who started P2P were once CM consultants. They know Memory Manager & StoryBook Creator (now Historian & Artisan respectively) inside and out. I can’t say enough about them. I don’t want to learn a new program (like photoshop) and I don’t have to now. There is a fee for their service….WELL worth it. I believe there is a free trail available. Hope this helps. I am not in any way affliated with Pixels2pages. Cindy

35. Mary February 19, 2014 at 8:39 pm #

cindyrn – your comment did post, it was about pixels2pages.net

36. Maggi February 19, 2014 at 8:46 pm #

I have albums, pages, and protectors 12×12 and 8X8 in many colors. I will be putting them on Ebay but wanted you all to have first dibs.
    chuckmaggi@verizon.net

• Maggi February 19, 2014 at 9:04 pm #

I am selling the albums, pages, and protectors as a bundle. Thanks!

37. Jennifer Cook February 25, 2014 at 5:47 pm #

As a former CM Consultant (2002-2005) who loved their products, I am saddened to hear what has happened! I am sorry so many of you are struggling so much with all of these changes. It must be terribly frustrating! I am aware that over the past few months, several former CM Consultants and customers have joined Heritage Makers. From what I understand, they were able to transfer many of their digital albums and projects over to their Heritage Makers account and can continue to keep their memories alive as well as succeed in another business. I am a Heritage Makers Consultant and would be happy to help anyone out who is looking for another avenue. Heritage Makers albums are beautiful and high quality. I chose to work with this company because they have the same love, spirit, and devotion to story making that I felt in the old CM.

38. Nancy Nally February 25, 2014 at 6:53 pm #

As I’m sure many of you monitoring this comment thread are aware, co-founder Rhonda Anderson resigned from Creative Memories on Sunday. We just posted an exclusive interview with her today that tells her story of why she is leaving and her future plans:

I thought some of the readers on this article might be interested in it. I hope it is helpful!

• Lynne Corso Malinowski February 25, 2014 at 10:33 pm #

As a Heritage Makers consultant, where Rhonda has joined, I welcome anyone who would like to learn more to visit [the heritage makers website]. We are all very excited to support those who believe in preserving our life Stories through scrapbooking and storybooking! Welcome!!!

39. Lilah Dorsey or Deeann Ross February 27, 2014 at 1:44 pm #

I purchased Creative Memories in 2008-09 and last year when notified that I had to do something to keep current, I was too involved with the closure of my business. So, I did not get what I needed to do to keep the activation of Storybook 3 and 4. Thus, I cannot access them for the books I have developed. Very sad.
    Can you do anything to help me find the original activation codes for them. I cannot find them.
    The originals may have been purchased by my daughter Deeann Ross and I do not know whether she put them in my name when she gifted them to me.
    Can you help?
    Lilah Dorsey

• Nancy Nally February 27, 2014 at 2:30 pm #

Scrapbook Update is not affiliated in any way with Creative Memories or Ahni & Zoe by Creative Memories. You would have to contact the company itself with a question like that.

40. Beth March 1, 2014 at 7:50 pm #

Does anyone know where I can get blades for the 12″ trimmers or the shapemakers? I have checked on eBay but the sellers on there are really taking advantage of people by charging $25+ per blade! this is insane.

• jennifer March 1, 2014 at 8:12 pm #

Amen! Beth, I tried to get CM items on ebay and the prices are unreal!! Check out Heritage Makers.com It is rhonda from CM starting a new scrapbooking buniness……She has a lot of the CM stuff!!

• Nancy Nally March 2, 2014 at 10:28 am #

To clarify, so that this article is not the source of confusion – Heritage Makers is NOT founded or owned by Rhonda. It is a digital company that has been around for a long time. Rhonda just announced last week that she is signing up as a consultant with them and helping them develop a paper scrapbooking line. To read more about it, check out our exclusive interview with her: http://www.scrapbookupdate.com/2014/02/25/rhonda-anderson-resigns-creative-memories/

• itsybel March 2, 2014 at 11:01 am #

So she’s just found another loophole to form another company–make money then file bankruptcy leaving even more manufacturers in debt?

• Nancy Nally March 2, 2014 at 12:56 pm #

While she held the title of co-founder, Rhonda no longer owned Creative Memories and is one of the creditors herself that is actually owed a significant amount of money in the bankruptcy. The decision to file bankruptcy was not hers – it was taken by the company’s board and CEO.

• Kelly Maatman March 2, 2014 at 8:01 am #

There is a facebook group called CM Product Going Going Gone, that might have what your looking for at better prices.

• Kelly Maatman March 2, 2014 at 8:03 am #

Oh, and Close to my Heart has added compatable products to their line with hinge page protectors and such.

• Beth March 2, 2014 at 8:53 pm #

Thank you Kelly, that FB page is great! I appreciate you making me aware of it. Lots of good information on there.

41. Karen March 2, 2014 at 8:47 pm #

Remember Rhonda was not the soul owner of CM and had those that she probably thought she could trust “trying” to run it, I think she was treated pretty poorly in many ways! I had been a CMC since it was 3 years old for 18 yrs, when it was Shoe Box to Showcase and Rhonda worked her tail off! I had had enough with their constant changes and the slow to get with the program in keeping up with the market attitude plus so many of my customers found a lot of other stuff that they liked better. It is sad because CM was doing great, but I feel poor management at the helm killed this company along with the economy. I wish Rhonda all the best she has had a lot of struggles in many different ways!

42. pam clary March 11, 2014 at 1:06 pm #

I am so disappointed with the closure of Creative Memories. I have not found another high quality strap album like they made. I have made 25 beautiful albums with their products over the years and miss the CM albums the most. The new Ahni and Zoe albums aren’t really scrapbooking…they are just for sliding photos in a slot. You can get those anywhere. I know change is good but not in this case.

43. April March 12, 2014 at 2:30 pm #

Can anyone tell me if there is a lifetime garunteed on creative memory products. Its been along time since a bought anything. I have a bag I purchased years ago. And the zipper broke. Thank you :) ACR

44. Sally March 12, 2014 at 4:44 pm #

Even if they did….they are out of business…

• Nancy Nally March 12, 2014 at 5:54 pm #

Creative Memories is NOT “out of business” – they are simply operating under a different consumer brand name. The company still exists, just selling different products.

45. Karen March 12, 2014 at 5:50 pm #

Sadly when businesses go out of business like CM they have no product or money left to fix warrantied products, if it was guaranteed in the first place! Lifetime warranties mean nothing when the business bites the dust!

• Nancy Nally March 12, 2014 at 5:55 pm #

CM is not out of business. The corporate entity continues to operate, but they are using a different brand name for marketing purposes, and selling different products.

• Daryl Jones March 12, 2014 at 6:01 pm #

Good luck in getting Ahni and Zoe to honor a warrenty on a product sold under Creative Memories. I’m not an attorney…but I don’t think legally they have to.

• Nancy Nally March 12, 2014 at 6:18 pm #

Ahni & Zoe’s actual name is “Ahni & Zoe by Creative Memories”. Whether Creative Memories will honor the warranty will depend on how the warranty is written. They could also possibly claim that they divested responsibility for warranty claims in the bankruptcy as a past liability.

46. Brenda Prendergast March 12, 2014 at 6:35 pm #

We get that CM is now operating under a different name, different product, different philosophy.. That said, CM ONLY GAVE LIFETIME WARRENTIES ON ALBUMS! Move on people, check out all the websites & eBay for scrap booking info/product!! I was a CM consultant for 6 years, still love the product but now you have to search for it!!

• Karen March 12, 2014 at 6:39 pm #

I still have a bunch of CM stuff just not sure I’m ready to get rid of it since you can’t get the same stuff much anymore!

47. Karen March 12, 2014 at 6:36 pm #

Oh my bad, under a different name and different products would constitute to me not Creative Memories! Then can they replace or guarantee items that have the lifetime guarantee from Creative Memories?

• Nancy Nally March 12, 2014 at 6:50 pm #

The only point I intended to clarify in this discussion is the misinformation that the corporate entity is out of business. Beyond that answers are hard to come by – the legal issues are complex.

48. Martha March 17, 2014 at 4:06 am #

Digital??? My old family photos and documents are NOT DIGITAL. I don’t want to make them digital. I sit at a computer at work to earn a living all day long. I have no desire to scrapbook on a computer. Good Grief!!! I have enough carpal tunnel, thank you! I like to use my hands and have depth and texture! Some of us who scrapbook were not born with computers in our cribs and learning some other quirky program so that I can enjoy my hobby is not a headache that I want. Let me relax with my hobby.
    I have been using CM for over 15 years. I love the strap hinge albums. Can you picture creating an album with pictures from as far back the late 1940′s in a hot pink, bright blue, swirl or school composition looking cover?! Some classic elegance would be nice!
    What will be next? Quilting, cross-stitching, baking cookies, crochet on the computer? Oh, here I made you a quilt on my computer. Here is the scrapbook of the photos from your childhood–you want the original photos. Sorry, couldn’t find a way to put them on anything but construction paper with transparent tape, but I will send them to you.
    I’m not happy.

• jennifer March 17, 2014 at 10:33 am #

Martha, times change unfortunately CM got in a bind, but I think they are trying to do the best they can…..I also loved CM! and I do both traditional & digital scrapping now since 2000!

49. Beth March 17, 2014 at 10:45 pm #

Martha I feel the same way.

50. Cindy Schrock March 22, 2014 at 8:06 pm #