Papercrafts, Creating Keepsakes Magazines To Merge, End Print Editions

Creating Keepsakes magazine announced today that the magazine is ceasing publication after their November/December 2013 issue. Paper Crafts magazine is ceasing print publication as well, and the two publications will be merged together into a new all-digital publication called Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking.

The announcement blamed the change on the difficulty of competing against the immediacy of the increasingly digital world of publishing when dealing with lengthy “print lag” in producing a paper magazine. Creating Keepsakes had recently gone to publishing split issues, part paper and part digital, in an attempt to deal with this challenge.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking will be a monthly publication, and should look familiar to readers of the previous publications:

Created by some of the same editors from both Paper Crafts and Creating Keepsakes magazines, you’ll find many columns and features you’ve always loved in CK, including Latest & Greatest, Sketches, and Tips & Tricks.

The Creating Keepsakes announcement says that subscribers will receive two issues of the new magazine for every single issue remaining on their Creating Keepsakes subscription. No information has been offered about the conversion of Paper Crafts subscriptions to the digital publication, other than that their Facebook page is directing people requesting refunds to contact their Subscriber Services.

If you only want to read the magazine periodically, single issues will be available for purchase via iTunes or via the magazine’s online store.

Print lovers won’t be entirely left out in the cold, however. Creative Crafts Group will continue to publish special issues once a month in paper, which will be available through print outlets. The company also plans to continue its CK Conventions in 2014, promising a schedule for those will be announced soon.

This move by Creative Crafts Group, coupled with the recent digital shift of Northridge Publishing, leaves Stampington (which publishes Somerset Memories, Somerset Studio, Stamper’s Sampler, Where Women Create, and Art Journaling, among others) as the only major print magazine publisher remaining in the industry in the U.S. Print publishing, as I detailed in my editorial last year, is on a march towards extinction due to a variety of factors. Digital content is the future in all industries, not just crafts. (Correction: All-American Crafts is still publishing Scrapbooking & Beyond and Paper Creations, as well.).

UPDATE: Despite the promise that “some of the same editors of both Paper Crafts and Creating Keepsakes” will be creating the new Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking digital magazine, sources connected to Creating Keepsakes tell Scrapbook Update that the entire staff of Creating Keepsakes editors has been let go by Creative Crafts Group. The company’s senior editors, who were working for both PaperCrafts and Creating Keepsakes, were retained.

, , , , , ,

74 Responses to Papercrafts, Creating Keepsakes Magazines To Merge, End Print Editions

1. Kathy D. September 6, 2013 at 11:35 pm #

Really not surprising. My current issue of CK arrived in the mail this week and I almost tossed it out, not realizing that the tiny assemblage of paper was in fact a magazine and not the typical Tuesday junk mail mixed in with the grocery ads. I accept the fact that holding real books and magazines in one’s hands is fast becoming a thing of the past and, while I own a Kindle, it just isn’t the same as leafing through a tangible object. I for one will request a refund on my current CK subscription, which runs through 2015. Shoulda known better than to re-up last time around.

• Mary in IL September 7, 2013 at 1:09 pm #

Can you actually get a refund or do you have to take the digital subscription (which I will never read)?

• Nancy Nally September 7, 2013 at 2:52 pm #

The Paper Crafts Facebook page was directing people who were posting demanding refunds to contact Subscriber Services.

Please if you do – be nice. One of my friends works there. Those people are in a call center at a contractor on the other side of the country from the magazine’s corporate offices and are just doing what the magazine has told their employer to do regarding the subscriptions. :)

• scrap-n-chat September 7, 2013 at 10:19 pm #

2. Dale Rose Stream September 6, 2013 at 11:39 pm #

So sad, but not totally surprising either. It is sad that we have to hunt for print publications anymore.

3. Amanda S September 7, 2013 at 12:37 am #

I’m disappointed – after all we are PAPER crafters – but I’m not surprised.

4. Nancy Lee September 7, 2013 at 12:59 am #

Sad, sad day. What do those of us without a reliable internet access(I only have this semi-smart phone) sappose to do? I like my shelf of scrapbooking and crafting magazine collections.

• donna c September 8, 2013 at 3:46 pm #

Just a thought for you. There are wifi hot spots almost everywhere, even in rural towns. I’d consider investing in a tablet and use wifi to download the content. That way you don’t need Internet access to read it at your leisure. The Kindle Fire is very reasonable, as well as many other tablets :). I use an iPad, but I understand that is not the cheapest way to go. However, it is lovely to view the content on. :)

5. Danee September 7, 2013 at 1:21 am #

Cloth Paper Scissor is still print as far as I know.

• Shyra Murphy Frueh September 9, 2013 at 11:51 am #

Stampington publishes this and they are mentioned in the article.

6. Debbie O'Neal September 7, 2013 at 3:42 am #

At first I thought going from paper magazine to digital was terrible idea. But I have really enjoyed my digital version of Scrapbook Trends magazine line and while I do get my Paper Crafts paper magazine I find I read the download digital version a lot more than I ever picked up the paper one. I guess in this digital age where I have my iPad with me constantly it is nice to have it readily at hand. Plus I also like to think of all the magazines we are saving from ending up in a landfill ! And gosh, you can expand a photo on your digital device where you can’t in a paper copy…looking for a silver lining here.

• kathyhpy September 7, 2013 at 6:51 am #

Well, I too, am not surprised and while a physical magazine has been great to have on my shelf, as I said on another forum, I usually end up having to hunt all over the house for where I might have left it. With a digital version it’s a click away and that is a “silver lining”!! The other bonus is there is more content in the online versions than the physical ones.

7. LindaBabe September 7, 2013 at 7:16 am #

Not surprised. Creating Keepsakes has become a mere shadow if it’s former self.

I won’t be reading the digital version.

I don’t own a smart phone, Nook, Kindle or IPad.

One can’t take an electronic device for a long soak in a bubble bath.

I already spend WAY too much time on the computer.

Too bad. It makes business sense for them, but not for me.

• Cheryl E. September 10, 2013 at 9:02 pm #

I read my Kindle in the tub all the time! It’s the only way to get my kids to leave me alone long enough to surf all the scrapbooking sites I love.

• Tracy January 24, 2014 at 3:30 pm #

No way would I EVER take my tablet into the tub! I have read countless accounts of them being knocked off or dropped into the tub to be totally trashed. No way I am taking that chance. They are far too expensive to replace.

8. Marie September 7, 2013 at 7:22 am #

The paper issue of Canadian Scrapbooker is a very nice magazine for those wishing to continue receiving good quality, content rich, beautiful to read and have on a shelf resource.

• Alice September 7, 2013 at 10:21 am #

I agree! I just wish they were monthly!

9. Catherine September 7, 2013 at 8:05 am #

Scrapbook & Cards Today is also still in print and will continue to offer both a print and digital version for all readers.

• Nancy Nally September 7, 2013 at 2:45 pm #

Scrapbook & Cards Today wasn’t mentioned because it was Canadian. There are plenty of magazines in print outside the U.S…it was not possible to list them all so I stuck to the U.S. ones.

10. kitty September 7, 2013 at 8:55 am #

I am sorry to hear this. I will not be getting any digital magazines. I like a magazine that I can hold. A few months ago I decided to try digital print, I got 2 and put them on my tablet. I thought that I could take them with me when I sat and waited for dh while he talks cars or sum such thing. I hated it. I knew everything was going digital and yes I have know it was coming , but as I said they will not miss the fact that I am not a subscriber.

11. Helen September 7, 2013 at 9:13 am #

I have never been impressed with the Creating Keepsakes magazine. I wished they kept Simple Scrapbooks instead. I love PaperCrafts and don’t want it to merge with Creating Keepsakes. I have kept almost all of my PaperCrafts magazines but thrown out most of my Creating Keepsakes magazines. I am on the fence about them going digital. I live in a small place so digital means I don’t have to worry storage. However, paper is nice when showing friends or trying to recreate a project.

• Nancy Nally September 8, 2013 at 11:43 am #

Oh, I still miss Simple Scrapbooks so much too!

12. Sandi September 7, 2013 at 9:17 am #

When I started scrapbooking in 2000 there was five magazines that I liked. Some that I liked more than others. Now 13 years later I am saying goodbye to the very last one standing…..sad

13. dottiej27 September 7, 2013 at 9:28 am #

I haven’t subscribed to anything in a while, not because I don’t enjoy the magazines but because I got burned by both Memories Makers Magazine and Scrapbooks, Etc. In both cases, I paid for a 2 year extension on my subscription less than a month before they announced their decision to cease publication. In the SBE case, their website was still soliciting new subscriptions at a special two-for-one rate almost a month AFTER their announcement. In both cases, the way they handled their subscribers was inconsiderate and rude at best and fraudulent at worst.
    I have tried the digital magazines but really don’t enjoy them on a phone or tablet. The screen is just too small for these aging eyes and by the time I expand it enough to see it, the context is lost.
    So I have turned to paper-crafting blogs. Some amazingly talented people, beautiful and on-target content, fresh content sometimes 3-4 times a week, a personal touch not found in a magazine, and free (except I find I am actually buying MORE supplies…. marketing experts, figure that one out!)

• Nancy Nally September 7, 2013 at 2:55 pm #

Marketing experts HAVE figured that one out…which is why advertising dollars are fleeing print for the web.

14. Talita September 7, 2013 at 9:29 am #

This breaks my heart. I threw a good old fashion fit when i got my last one in the mail. My husband just stared at me like I had lost my mind until I calmed down enough to pull out an old one and show him the difference! Lol so much for relaxing in the tub with a new magazine. I can’t do that with my Nook. The e readers are wonderful inventions, and I love mine, i also love online content like Big Picture Classes and Paperclipping. But I subscribed to a paper magazine for a reason. It’s my unplugged time.

• Dona September 7, 2013 at 4:07 pm #

Well, you CAN actually use a Nook or tablet in the tub, just don’t drop it! I read that way all the time.

• Talita September 7, 2013 at 5:07 pm #

Lol we have obviously never met! I WOULD drop mine. I’m a total clutz. Several of my poor paper issues are a bit waterlogged.

15. blueyedscrapper September 7, 2013 at 9:46 am #

So sad, and so very depressing! What is this world coming to when everything has to be read on an electronic device??? So wrong!! Can’r unwind with an electronic device on the couch or in the tub…definitely not the same things! So sad!

16. Gina Krupsky September 7, 2013 at 9:55 am #

CardMaker Magazine is still in print and they also offer a digital option. :)

• Nancy Nally September 7, 2013 at 2:47 pm #

CardMaker is a fabulous magazine but it specializes narrowly in cards so it doesn’t offer an alternative to the layout inspiration in Creating Keepsakes.

17. scrap-n-chat September 7, 2013 at 10:47 am #

It would be nice if you could open the digital copy sent. I get them try to open them. Have tried to log on tried to have a working account. No luck

18. Cindy J. September 7, 2013 at 11:00 am #

Dumb. I am a journalist and have been dealing with the effects of “disappearing paper” for a while now, and it’s a sad day to see another publication fall. I organize all my issues in magazine holders and enjoy pulling one out randomly and looking. I get so sick of the computer. I look forward do the day when this trend reverses itself, because it will.

• scrap-n-chat September 7, 2013 at 11:17 am #

I am with you! I also like books and magazines. I think it is much more difficult to find what you are looking for. Not to mention…can’t say I have ever said “I am going to curl up with a good laptop!” I love checking my mail for my new issue. Just not the same excitement to get a e-mail. I also travel to scrap with friends. We bring our magazines to share ideas. Kind of hard to pass around a laptop

• Nancy Nally September 7, 2013 at 2:36 pm #

Cindy, there is a whole generation growing up now that is entirely comfortable with digital content, and they are the consumers of the future. Some older people (my generation and older) may prefer paper, but the young people and their preferences will inevitably take over.

• scrapper al September 8, 2013 at 12:10 pm #

So true Nancy! I work with both recent college graduates and those of us who need reading glasses and creating content that works for both can be challenging.

• Cindy J. September 8, 2013 at 1:04 pm #

I know this is the way things are going. My son is a senior mass comm major and while he is specializing in radio and TV, he’s had to take a ton of courses related to computers/animation/design. The thing is, this has to be tailored to the publication’s market, too. It seems that the market for scrapbooking and papercrafting is not that 20-something set, largely. And even then, mags that appeal to that generation are still not going only digital! Look at Rolling Stone… their readers would curl up and die if that mag ever went away!! The bottom line is that it is the bottom line… it’s cheaper for companies to go this way. I would have been a subscriber to Papercrafts forever, if it was staying a “real” magazine. I keep my mags handy, I see them, which makes me think about them. There is NOTHING in an only publication that draws me in, that temps me to stop and read. I do hope the trend reverses itself… to me, everything being online is so impersonal…. I’d prefer a handwritten note ANY DAY over an e-mail…. there’s a line in a song I like, “Everything is changing fast, some call it progress, but I just don’t know…” and that’s how I feel….

• Ann in PA September 8, 2013 at 9:31 pm #

I have two college age children. They purchase hard copies of all their books as they find it challenging to refer back and forth to different digital pages when studying. I too find it challenging to refer back to things I have seen in the digital form of a magazine. I like to either put a flag or turn back the corner of a magazine page to return to something that had my attention. The digital copies are “out of sight-out of mind.
          On another note, I have a twenty something son who lives outside the country. He has us snail-mail him the crossword puzzles from the daily newspaper. I told him there are thousands available on-line, but his words to me were- “But my friends and I like the smell of the newsprint. On-line is not the same.”

• Cindy J. September 8, 2013 at 9:43 pm #

I love that comment about your son that lives out of state! It honestly warms my heart to know that people of all ages can and do value newsprint! I know it holds a special place in my heart as a journalist, remembering the days of cutting up strips of newsprint, running them through hot wax then pasting them up in the composing room. I am also like you… LOVE to fold over corners on pages… too hard to shuffle back and forth and find things you made notes on…. and I also like to sometimes make handwritten notes. Something my mom and I do that’s so fun… we each have different magazine subscriptions. On mine, I will make notes by pictures or in margins, then pass the magazine along to her, where she can see my notes and get a chuckle here or there. I don’t have a problem with online versions of magazines, I have a problem with ONLINE-ONLY versions….

• Nancy Nally September 8, 2013 at 9:53 pm #

True, it is cheaper to publish digital. But the reason that magazines need to cut their budgets and publish digital is that they are losing advertisers to the web – they don’t have the income anymore to support the expense of print. Also, print takes more lead time to produce than digital and makes it hard for publications to compete against instant publication on the web. With so much competition from the web and the free content there, magazines have to figure out how to compete.

• Cindy J. September 8, 2013 at 10:02 pm #

Yes. Things are changing, for sure, and it’s all kind of like feeling your way around in the dark. I just don’t know that it’s the right thing to do to go digital only. Personally, I think the best is both formats… not one or the other. I worked in the PR department of our local community college for 8+ years. We published the class schedule (to 100K homes), student handbook/calendar, etc. WE knew, in some ways, things were wrong the minute they went out to the PO… classes were added, filled, changed, etc. Online let us make the changes instantly, so that was NICE. After a point, we just put a note in the publications to see the college’s website for the most up to date versions. Welllll, we got hit with a HUGE backlash by people that didn’t get their class schedules in the mail, so we compromised. We did a small run and then made them available in TWO ways: by calling we’d mail you one or you could come to one of the campuses and pick one up. It had to be done, too many people wanted that paper in hand… and it’s worked well. As far as PaperCrafts, I can tell you my mom, myself and a good friend of mine will not be interested nor signing up for a digital-only version.

19. Stephanie Armstrong September 7, 2013 at 11:17 am #

Nancy, I believe this magazine http://www.scrapbookingandbeyondmag.com/ is produced in New Jersey. I have enjoyed it in print recently. Actually marked and used two layouts to use the ideas, and did use them. Long time since I’ve done that with CK, though I have been subscribing. Are they on the outs too?

• Stephanie Armstrong September 7, 2013 at 11:20 am #

P.S. Hmm maybe not a “major” print publisher?

• Nancy Nally September 7, 2013 at 2:43 pm #

My bad – I totally forgot about Scrapbooking & Beyond. Correction added!

20. DJ September 7, 2013 at 11:24 am #

I knew their was a reason I was delaying renewing my subscription to CK. I have to work on a computer all day and I don’t want to be on the computer all night. I don’t own a Kindle or Nook and have a great dislike for trying to read a ‘magazine’ on the computer. I keep all my old copies for when I need a creative nudge. While you can do that with digital, I prefer leafing through the pages of a paper magazine. My computer is in one room and my craft room in another. I hate this digital world for killing the book/magazine industry. I rarely look at the digital versions of Paper Crafts, CardMaker or Creating Keepsakes. Guess I’ll be saving money by not having anymore subscriptions. It is very sad that this has to happen for companies to stay profitable. No more perusing the magazine sections to see if something new catches your fancy. Their loss and ours.

21. Jen September 7, 2013 at 12:22 pm #

As their social media manager, I highly recommend Scrapbook & Cards Today! I love the feel of the magazine in my hands, the smell of the ink, and the thickness of the paper they use. It is a high quality magazine and while other magazines are closing, they are actually adding more pages to their next issue! You can find it both online and in local scrapbook stores, and it has always been FREE in both formats!

22. scrappin2boys September 7, 2013 at 12:37 pm #

I like Canadian Scrapbooker, but they come across to me as anti-american. I’ve never seen anyone published that is not Canadian. I do pay for the paper version, but a little intimidated by the way they express themselves in the magazine. They should be proud of their scrappers, they have great ideas, I just wish it didn’t come across like I wasn’t wanted.

23. Silverchakra September 7, 2013 at 4:45 pm #

While I’m sad to see more print magazines going digital, I was never really a fan of those mentioned although I did like PaperCrafts a bit. I LOVE Cloth, Paper, Scissors, and Somerset Studio. I wish Expression had stayed around as it was a wonderful magazine! It’s probably a matter of time before those go digital or by the wayside altogether. I agree with the person who mentioned blogs. I spend much more time reading blogs than magazines. I noticed that many people who comment on them though,, aren’t always that familiar with newer (and sometimes older) supplies. Since I’m starting a new blog I’m going to include a “supply day” each week. Still and all there are times when I just want to peruse a regular old magazine.

24. Ann c September 7, 2013 at 10:13 pm #

Rubberstampmadness is still in print too

25. Teri September 8, 2013 at 1:50 am #

Hi Nancy!
    Thought you should know that the entire CK staff is not gone.
    There are three editors who worked with CK that are continuing on wiith the new publication: Jennifer Schaerer (editor in chief); Kerri Miller (managing editor) and Stacy Croninger (digital managing editor). These three ediitors led CK for the last year. At the same time, they have been doing double duty, leading Paper Crafts as well.

• Nancy Nally September 8, 2013 at 11:41 am #

Yes, to clarify…the entire staff of editors that worked SOLELY for CK has been let go.

26. Teri September 8, 2013 at 1:52 am #

Oops! Sorry about the “wiith” typo. Need an edit button… Lol! (:

27. DianeW September 8, 2013 at 4:29 pm #

I put my reader in a zip lock bag and soak in the tub!

28. Pamela McGillin September 8, 2013 at 9:12 pm #

I hope this move will return both magazine to their former glory, “digitally thick & full of content”. The last Creating Keepsakes I received was only held together by ads, there was hardly any content to the magazine.

29. Tona September 8, 2013 at 10:31 pm #

This is sad news but I’m not surprised. I will be requesting refunds from both.

30. lschott September 9, 2013 at 12:20 am #

I HATE the CK app for the ipad. EVERY time I want to read, I have to download the issues I have a subscription to. It takes forever and it’s beyond annoying.

31. Vicky R September 9, 2013 at 9:56 am #

Scrapbook Magazine from Practical Publications in the UK is great. When I subscribed to the PRINT version of CK, I would pick up copies of Scrapbook Magazine at Barnes and Noble because it was the better magazine. When CK dropped me as a customer, I now subscribe to Scrapbook Magazine. It is published every 6 weeks and arrives approx. one week after the UK publication date. Yes, they cover layouts on US holidays and better coverage on new products, too.

With Scrapbooking and Beyond which is issued queaterly, there is no reason to put up with CK.

32. Marcy September 9, 2013 at 11:26 am #

Does anyone know if they will at least provide the capabiilty to print the digital version of the magazine? My subscription also doesn’t expire until 2015 and I prefer to leaf through the actual paper version of the magazine.

• frostygoth September 9, 2013 at 10:07 pm #

The digital editions can be opened either in Adobe Air, an interactive publication app, or as PDF’s which can be opened in a variety of programs and can be printed.

• Marcy September 10, 2013 at 10:11 am #

Thank you! I will try that.

33. Shyra Murphy Frueh September 9, 2013 at 11:56 am #

Rubber Stamp Madness is still in print. It’s printed 4 times a year. It’s not as cheap, but it’s full of techniques and samples with amazing descriptions. It doesn’t have all the commercial ads, but it does have ads for small businesses like mom & pop shops. I have found some amazing suppliers through them!

• Gotham September 9, 2013 at 12:53 pm #

It’s sad to see it finally go, but it explains why I see Lisa Bearnson on HSN now. She must not get any residual for the digital edition. I too cannot see well with all the online mags and books, so I will no longer bother. Those of us needing progressives know what I mean.

I did read that Scrapbook & Cards will continue to publish it is a Canadian magazine in print, so I went ahead and subscribed…the subscription pays for the mailing costs, as they have always had a digital FREE edition.

I’m not willing to pay oodles for an online mag. It costs next to nothing to create and the main reason that I will not pay Northridge $5 or $7 an issue, maybe a buck, since your not allowed to download it, but only read it online…that’s BS in my book.

I assume CK will be the same only an online issue with no way to print out a page or anything…so why would I pay anymore then a buck? People need to tell them the format isn’t worth it, as most of the creations are submitted by crafters, so they are free of charge the publication is not creating artwork or even photographing the layouts & cards.Go to Pinterest it’s free and you’ll see the same stuff.

All the magazines get there content Free, so why do they think charging the same for a digital edition as a print is okay? Why are people paying? All your doing is paying the owner a huge salary and you’re getting nothing, Sounds like a great way for the 2% to increase their income. It’s also a way to control the flow of information and keep the majority in the dark. JMO

34. Sue September 9, 2013 at 8:36 pm #

I’m not willing to pay for an online magazine either at the same price that the print edition costs. Especially since the magazines have tended to be more advertising than real content in recent years, and after a year of reading it, you can see they become repetition. I feel the same way to a lesser extent about books. There really is so much now that can be gleaned from the Internet free – but if a book is not “printed”, I usually don’t waste my time buying a digital copy. The fact that there is so much less cost in putting out digital editions, also fosters publication of much that is not fit to print. With those two competing trends, I wonder at some point if it is likely than online editions of books, music, magazines and other intellectual property will face a big reality adjustment and the online prices will come down.

35. Sharon September 10, 2013 at 1:44 pm #

Hi Nancy, It breaks my heart every time we lose another magazine. The oldest craft magazine is still in publication, however — Crafts ‘n things magazine, published by Ohio-based Amos. Crafts ‘n things has been around longer than any other craft magazine, and continues to reinvent itself to keep up with trends. I just rec’d an advance copy of the holiday issue and it’s really fabulous, packed with crafts in all categories. Meredith still publishes a couple of craft SIPs, too.

36. vickie September 12, 2013 at 6:24 pm #

I just contacted CK to get a refund for the rest of my subscription. They replied that I got my sub through Kass Associates and that I have to contact them directly. What’s odd: I renewed at the CK convention. FYI…

37. Sassy September 13, 2013 at 4:43 pm #

So disappointed. I prefer the magazine over digital as I spend enough time already on the computer. Will be requesting a refund. Sad to see so many magazines along with scrapbook stores shutting down in the last 3-4 years.

38. LoveCrafts September 14, 2013 at 3:20 pm #

I am extremely disappointed with their decision. I wish they would have done a survey and asked subscribers their opinions before going all digital.
    And this statement seems odd “Creative Crafts Group will continue to publish special issues once a month in paper, which will be available through print outlets.”
    If they can still do once a month special print issues why not print issues for subscriptions? I hope the issues won’t be $14.99, I would collect more if they were not so high.

• Heidi October 16, 2013 at 9:18 pm #

I thought the same thing – the 12 special print issues sounds an awful lot like a yearly subscription – and yet we won’t have the option to be mailed those issues to fulfill our subscription. I suppose we’ll have to spend $15 a month for those issues. I wish companies would treat their customers with integrity. This sounds like we are being cheated.

39. Lynnise September 16, 2013 at 7:33 am #

I didn’t read through every last comment here, so I apologize if this has already been stated, but.I love Scap n Art which is a digital publication and, there are several advantages that I LOVE over paper magazines.

First, because there is little overhead, you don’t get all the advertisements,and while I loved my paper mags, there were rarely over five or six pages in the entire issue that I really wanted to keep. Now, I simply print the page I want, punch 3 holes in it, and put it in a folder. It is a wonderful resource and I have an entire years worth of content specifically tailored to my likes in 2 inches of shelf space.

Another distinct advantage is the free digital content,especially If you are a digital or hybrid designer. I am AMAZED every month by the amount of free digital kits, and more offered by the magazine, not to mention the opportunity to put your name in the hat for cutting edge paper prize packages. If you are a digi or hybrid girl the freebies alone more than pay for each issue :)

40. Gab September 28, 2013 at 11:12 pm #

Wow, this is sad news for me. I just don’t get the same enjoyment out of reading a digital magazine. I’m not sure why as I read ebooks all the time.
    Wouldn’t it be great if they bought back Simple Scrapbooks though!!

41. Lalia H October 9, 2013 at 4:41 pm #

The thing that disgusts me the most is that I’m still getting letters in the mail from Paper Crafts to extend my subscription and give a holiday subscription. There’s not one word about it being a digital issue.

• Pam October 9, 2013 at 7:20 pm #

I sent a email letting them know I can’t get on to read my subscription. Waiting to hear from them. Haven’t been able to read Keepsake for a few months now Papercraft won’t let me in either. That’s what I love about real books and magazines. The pages always open for me :(

42. Laura November 3, 2013 at 7:26 pm #

That’s why I subscribed to Paper Crafts. Because it was separate from scrapbooking. I loved looking through my print copy and can honestly admit, I’ve never even looked at the digital editions that were included with my subscriptions. Disappointed, yes.

43. Pamela November 3, 2013 at 7:33 pm #

I have asked twice to get help logging on. Both Paper Craft and Keepsake say I am already online. Although it won’t let me on, or let me get the information to get on. I sent a request to get help. Got zero response! So not impressed