For our readers’ convenience, Scrapbook Update now publishes industry job listings in our main feed, with the company name in the header!
To see a page listing all of these published jobs for easy reference, visit the Jobs category page of Scrapbook Update.
New Product Development Specialist:
Close To My Heart, a leader in the scrapbook and stamp industry is looking for a full-time person to join our team in the fun, fast-paced world of product development! The person in this position will aid in planning, testing, and approving new products. Applicants must be trend-conscious, able to discern color differences, and familiar with basic Excel and Adobe programs. Tasks include researching trends and inspiration, coordinating product testing and developing product standards, organizing samples and ideas, initiating new product packaging as well as communicating between vendors and internal departments.
Applicants should be detail-oriented and be excellent at business communication. Familiarity with the papercrafting industry is a plus.
• Initiate product packaging: determine packaging type and size, initiate with MarCom and follow through with edits, and pass final files to vendors
• Coordinate product testing: organize and participate in product testing, involve other employees/art studio, and summarize findings
• Brainstorm: conceptualize and mock up new ideas for products, create inspiration sheets, research potential products, be aware of trends
• Organize: file incoming samples for quick and easy reference, keep appropriate paperwork
• Record Consultant feedback: keep feedback organized and easy to reference, glean ideas
• Test: develop standards for new product SKUs by testing samples and giving direction to vendors, foreseeing potential issues, and communicating with Purchasing
• Communicate: remain aware of product status, and follow up on outstanding issues with vendors and other departments
• Self starter
• Deadline driven
• Problem solver
• Understand and follow trends both inside/outside of the scrapbooking industry
• Interest in scrapbooking and/or crafting
• Excellent organization skills with attention to detail
• At least one year experience in product development or marketing preferred
• Interest in Scrapbooking and/or Craft Industry
• Excellent organization skills with attention to details
• Working knowledge of PC including Excel and Word
• High school or equivalent.
• Bachelor’s degree, a plus.
• A student working toward such a degree is also acceptable; prefer sophomore standing or higher.
Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Visit our web site at www.closetomyheart.com
40 hours per week.
Pay Rate and Benefits:
Salary annually DOE
Close To My Heart offices in Pleasant Grove, UT.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title “New Product Development Specialist” in the subject line.
For full consideration, all candidates will be required to submit a resume