American Crafts Buys Imaginisce

American Crafts announced today that it has purchased manufacturer Imaginisce.

Salt Lake City-based Imaginisce was founded by Durham Brands, and was known for tools like their cordless glue, the iTop button maker and the iRock gem setter.

The purchase is effective immediately and new Imaginisce product, which will be unveiled at the Craft and Hobby Association trade show in Las Vegas this week, will begin shipping from American Crafts in August. The new products will include a vacuum-powered update to the iRock gem setter, DIY-favorite Milk Paint, innovative reverse tension tweezers, and three new themed collections of paper and embellishments.

“Over the years, Durham Brands has done an outstanding job of making innovative tools and crafting supplies at an accessible price,” says Jeff Mitchell, CEO of American Crafts. “The products are easy to use and inspire creativity.”

“American Crafts is the right company to move the Imaginisce brand forward,” says Jeff Durham, President and CEO of Durham Brands. “We’re excited to see Imaginisce gain fresh exposure and grow under new ownership.”

Retailers interested in ordering Imaginisce products can place orders with a sales associate at 800.879.5185.

6 Responses to American Crafts Buys Imaginisce

1. Laura H July 23, 2013 at 9:20 pm #

With American Crafts pushing so many things into Big Box stores, it is just one more company us little guys will lose as something we carry that they don’t.

2. lolad July 24, 2013 at 11:11 pm #

I agree with Laura. I remember the first time I saw Imaginisce at market. It was great and we bought it all. that was before the tools. My store is clossed now (not because of big box) I had a partner and we parted ways. I live in the Nashville, TN area and don’t have any small stores now. But I don’t buy my stuff from the big guys. I think it is sad to see lots of companys going under or selling out. And I don’t buy american crafts!!!!

Creative Hugs,

3. notsurprised July 26, 2013 at 11:11 am #

As someone who has worked closely with this company for many years I can tell you that they merely neglected this brand of their company for the last 3 years. And then acted surprised when their sales numbers went down. This is them simply trying to salvage what’s left of their brand. It’s sad really, but you see it all the time in this industry.

4. shedeliberated September 25, 2013 at 6:57 am #

Does anyone know how to [easily] find out if there is a patent on these products? individual or otherwise? Thanks.

• Nancy Nally September 25, 2013 at 9:02 pm #

US Patent office has an online searchable database.

Imaginisce holds a patent on the iTop tool, I discovered through searching there.

• shedeliberated September 26, 2013 at 9:32 am #