Hi everyone! This is Ashley today, with the final installment in my Trending:Gold series. Let’s take a look back over some of the topics we covered over this four week series, and I have a mini book made of gold to show you today, too!
In Part 1, we discussed how much gold to add to a project, and how to mix up gold finishes for variety and depth.
In Part 2, I created my own gold foil paper and created a step-by-step tutorial video to show you how to do the same.
I provided a number of color inspiration pieces in Part 3, and gave some tips on combining with gold for your layouts.
And finally, in Part 4, I showed you eight layouts featuring gold in all of it’s glittery, glimmery, shiny forms and provided “get this look” alternatives for you.
Today, I’ve combined all of these ideas into one little mini book, made with products provided by Omiyage, an online store specializing in washi tape, tags, bags and other must-have fun stuff. For this book, I’ve combined Omiyage’s gold washi tape, gold foil stickers, gold baker’s twine, and gold glitter tape.
Can you spy some of the gold uses we talked about in this Trending series?
- Mix up gold: gold foil, gold glitter, gold tape
- DIY gold glitter vellum: I used gold glitter tape to make my own striped and polka dot vellum
- DIY gold specialty paper: I covered a vintage book page with gold striped washi tape, and then punched out a big heart
- DIY glitter clips: cover wooden clothes pins with glitter tape, for mess free glittery clips!
- Make simple gold foil embellishments by applying gold foil stickers to tags or vellum or page backgrounds.
- Easy glitter embellishment: punch small shapes, like bows and hearts, from glitter tape for a small sparkly touch
- Top a vellum bow with a piece of gold washi tape
And, congratulations to Carol, who won our glorious gold give-away!