Supplies: patterned paper (Jillibean Soup); chipboard speech bubbles (Pebbles); glitter letter stickers (American Crafts); acrylic paint (Martha Stewart Crafts in Gold); gold glass glitter; mistable fabric sun (Studio Calico); wood veneer feather (Studio Calico); gold mist (Heidi Swapp Gold Lame Color Shine); wood veneer houses (Studio Calico); gold glitter paper (American Crafts).
On this page, Guard Cat on duty, I combined several types and finishes of gold. By using so many different types of gold, it creates a rich and full finish. If I had only used one type of gold and then added in a second small amount, the page may feel imbalanced and the golds may appear to clash. When in doubt, add more!
- Gold glitter paper by American Crafts, put behind plain white cardstock with cut-outs. This is a great alternative to die cutting or electronic cutting that difficult glitter paper. I love how chunky and thick the glitter finish is on this American Crafts paper.
- Wood veneer house tapped into Tsukineko Encore! Ultimate Metallic Gold ink pad.
- Mistable fabric sun heat embossed with Zing Gold Metallic embossing powder by American Crafts. It is on top of a chipboard speech bubble painted with Heidi Swapp Gold Lame Color Shine. The speech bubbles in #4 and #7 were treated the same way.
- Gold foam acorn left over from my Christmas decorations! This was snipped right out of a spray and used as-is. Look for gold around you!
- Wood veneer feather covered with German gold glass glitter. It is layered on top of a speech bubble cut from resist paper misted with Heidi Swapp Gold Lame Color Shine.
- Glittered foam American Crafts Thickers. Extra easy sparkle!
- Punched burnished gold finish metallic paper.
- Cardstock speech bubble painted with Martha Stewart Crafts acrylic paint in Gold. The speech bubble in the lower right corner of the page, with the white bow on top, was painted the same.
Now, if you remember above, I told you when in doubt, add more! But what if more is just too much for you? Well, when more is too much, add less! You could easily replicate the look and style of this page, but only using one or three gold elements. Try to remember to either stick to the same gold (the same tone or the same finish) for a highly matched page or combine completely contrasting golds for a more dynamic page.
I stripped the color out of all of the gold elements from my page, and then chose to add in the gold back in to select areas to demonstrate how you could create an awesome gilded page with just a bit less gold than I used in the first version.
Want to make your title jump and sparkle right off the page? Highlight your title:
Take a look at my Gold Pinterest board for more gold products, gold inspiration, and gold colorways.
And now, finally, there’s the giveaway! This month we will have an AMAZING prize to give away, thanks to our very generous sponsors. You’ll want to make sure to stop in every week and leave a comment for your chance to win this fabulous prize pack!
- Leave one comment per Trending:Gold post.
- Winner announced April 16th.
- U.S & Canadian entries only.
This give-away prize includes: 6 sheets gold glitter paper (American Crafts); 1 gold dot vellum (American Crafts); 9 packages gold glitter/gold foil Thickers (American Crafts); 4 packages gold glitter brads (American Crafts); 1 package gold pearl brads (American Crafts); 1 package gold glitter buttons (American Crafts); gold rimmed Dear Lizzy brads (American Crafts); gold foil accent stickers (American Crafts); metallic gold chipboard Luxe stars (Pink Paislee); gold glitter letters (Pink Paislee); 4 pack assorted gold glitter (American Crafts); 6 gold glitter tapes (American Crafts); chunky gold glitter, gold microbeads, gold metallic embossing powder, gold glitter finish embossing powder (American Crafts); gold leaf and glue pad (Stewart Superior); gold ink pad (Stewart Superior); gold glitter leaves (Prima); gold metallic leaves (Prima); junkyard gold metallic findings (Prima); gold tipped zipper flowers (Prima); gold stick pins (Prima); gold accessory pack (Omiyage); Gold Lame Color Shine (Heidi Swapp); gold foil dot chipboard stars (Pink Paislee); gold rub-ons (Pink Paislee).
For close-ups of these fab products included in the give-away, visit my blog.
And many congratulations to our last winner for the Trending:Feathers prize pack, Evie!