Special 6×6 My Mind’s Eye Paper Pads At Michael’s

My Mind’s Eye is getting a lot of mileage out of some of their old collections with the help of Michael’s Stores!

Melissa Stinson wrote last week about finding the 2011 collection Stella and Rose being produced under Michael’s Recollections brand as a 12×12 paper pad. On my own trip to Michael’s on Friday, I didn’t find the Stella and Rose pad, but I found something else from My Mind’s Eye:

My Mind's Eye paper pads

My Mind's Eye paper pads close-up

My Mind's Eye paper pads close-up

Since I have a major weakness for 6×6 pads I couldn’t resist bringing some of them home! I settled on these three:

My Mind's Eye 6x6 Paper Pads

You’ll notice that the collection names (Reunion, Dolled Up,  Traveller) are unfamiliar, even though the paper designs are. After I got them home, I was able to research the papers and put original collection names to at least some of them.

Reunion is made up mostly of the “Gertie” and “Mabel” parts of the Stella and Rose collection that was released at CHA Winter 2011. The Dolled Up pad is made up of more recent collections – it’s mostly made up of the CHA Winter 2012 releases “On The Bright Side” and “Miss Caroline.

Most of the rest of the pads at the store look like they are probably made up of the Lost & Found and Follow Your Heart collections.

I was unable to identify the papers in the Traveller pad, though. I’m hoping that my readers can help identify them? I’m really curious as to what collection they are originally from.

Licensing or repackaging old collections is a good way for companies to cash in on their library of old designs. It looks like My Mind’s Eye has found a really productive partnership to do this with Michael’s Stores.

34 Responses to Special 6×6 My Mind’s Eye Paper Pads At Michael’s

1. Caroline August 27, 2012 at 11:50 pm #

That Traveller collection looks very like Teresa Collins’ World Traveler, which I had my eye on in Hobby Lobby the other day! Loving the extra availability of 6×6 pads. :-)

2. Jersey Girl Anne August 28, 2012 at 12:06 am #

A couple of weeks ago I got two 12×12 paper pads with Michaels recollections name on them but inside one pad was Miss Caroline paper and the other pad was the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan collection! What a find and at a fraction of the cost!! On sale for 9.99!!! Now I need to go back and look for the 6×6 that you found.!!!

3. Jersey Girl Anne August 28, 2012 at 12:09 am #

Nancy…do you know why they need to change the names of the collections when they have the MME label on them?

4. Gab August 28, 2012 at 3:19 am #

Makes me wish we had M’s in Australia!

5. Laura C - Michigan August 28, 2012 at 6:16 am #

Hmmm, I’m a pretty big fan of MME and I do not recognize the Traveler one at all. I like it though. I’m going to have to check out their 12×12 pads because I don’t use the 6×6 when I buy them

6. Mandy Sullivan August 28, 2012 at 6:55 am #

The Traveler line is defiantly The World Traveler line from Teresa Collins designs. Not sure why she agreed to let it be released under MME since she has her own line of papers. But I recognized all of the papers in this pad as hers. Here is a link to her page with all the papers shown.

7. Barbara in FLA August 28, 2012 at 7:15 am #

The Traveler collection is from the World Traveler Collection by Teresa Collins. It’s one of my favorites and I scooped up the mini-pad as soon as I saw it at Michael’s. Too band the original paper isn’t available any more.

• Nancy Nally August 28, 2012 at 8:55 am #

Yes, you are right! I just looked at the World Traveler collection via Google and it is definitely that collection…so I wonder why Michael’s is selling it under the MME label?

8. sherried August 28, 2012 at 8:20 am #

Earlier this summer, I bought some of those same 6×6 paper pads at TJ Maxx on clearance.

• Nancy Nally August 28, 2012 at 8:56 am #

Very interesting…

9. Robin August 28, 2012 at 8:33 am #

Those have been at A.C. Moore’s for almost a year!

• Nancy Nally August 28, 2012 at 8:56 am #

I don’t have AC Moore by me in Florida anymore. They closed all of ours here. :-(

10. Nancy Nally August 28, 2012 at 8:59 am #

From the reports in the comments, I wonder if these were “big box” specials that just finally showed up at my Michaels?

11. Vicky August 28, 2012 at 9:51 am #

Any idea if Michael’s in Canada has them?

12. Kathy August 28, 2012 at 10:13 am #

The travel pack includes Teresa Collins; World Traveler

13. Veronica Hugger August 28, 2012 at 10:24 am #

Nancy, are these 6x6s just the 12×12 papers cut and padded, or are they 12×12 designs scaled down to 6×6?

• Nancy Nally August 28, 2012 at 10:41 am #

The patterns appear to be scaled, not just cut down 12×12. They are appropriate for the 6×6 scale.

14. Amanda August 28, 2012 at 11:04 am #

Fantastic! A chance to get something good at a box store!! I don’t have an Ms anywhere near me, but what is the price on the 6×6?

15. Sharon August 28, 2012 at 1:55 pm #

please encourage manufacturers such as MME, who we love in our store, to offer these fantastic prices to your independent local scrapbook stores! It helps us offer you some fantastic savings, which in turn will keep your local store in business.

Michael’s puts their house label on them because the content is put together to their specifications, based on what MME is liquidating. It’s not the original product collection of MME.

16. Francie August 28, 2012 at 10:15 pm #

My Michael’s also had the 6×6 Teresa Collins Carolina Breeze rebranded under the MME label.

17. Paulette August 29, 2012 at 5:32 am #

I haven’t been to Michael’s but they can be found at Winners in Canada… paper quality is not so great:o(

18. tam August 29, 2012 at 8:55 am #

Wow! running out to M’s today for sure. coupon in hand tfs!

19. Sarah August 29, 2012 at 11:33 am #

Teresa Collins is manufactured by MME, so it makes sense….

• Nancy Nally August 29, 2012 at 12:23 pm #

The companies go out of their way to not advertise their relationship…so why rebrand Teresa’s products under the MME name and make it so obvious?

20. Barb August 29, 2012 at 7:58 pm #

It is sad that these companies sell out to the big box chain stores. There are a lot of independent scrapbook stores that are trying to stay in business and simply cannot compete on price with the box stores. How independents do compete is with service. Try to find an associate in Michael’s or Hobby Lobby who can tell you how to use a product or tool. Most often it won’t happen. Independent store owners and employees are more than happy to show you how to use a particular product or tool. If you want your independent stores to stay in business, PLEASE patronize them.

• Nancy Nally August 29, 2012 at 8:11 pm #

I think what MME/Teresa Collins is doing here is a good compromise that allows them to do business with both types of stores. The small stores get the lines when they are fresh and trendy, on better cardstock, with the full power of the company’s marketing behind them. Then when the lines have lived their lifecycle in those stores, they are renaming and recycling them on cheaper cardstock for the big boxes. By the time these lines are given to the big boxes they are off the shelves of most small stores, or are old enough that they should be anyway.

21. Laura August 30, 2012 at 9:55 am #

At my Michael’s I also saw Lost and Found Christmas in a 6×6, and another Teresa Collins line under the MME brand: the pad is called Moments and it is the Everyday Moments line from CHA Winter.

• Jersey Girl Anne August 30, 2012 at 6:58 pm #

Laura…I saw those two lines also but have not seen the one with Amys papers.

• Nancy Nally August 30, 2012 at 7:46 pm #

I have not seen the Amy Tangerine ones at my Michael’s store, which is a “small format” store, either.

22. Cathy L. August 30, 2012 at 10:03 am #

I saw Amy Tangerine’s Sketchbook collection in a 12×12 paper pad with Recollections brand on it. Was wondering how that worked…

• Laura August 30, 2012 at 12:25 pm #

Cathy, there was a thread over on Two Peas where Amy, while not being able to disclose details of her confidential licensing agreement with American Crafts, acknowledged that she was aware of this and it was okay.

23. Susanne September 2, 2012 at 2:11 pm #

Hmm, I’m not sure I like this idea at all – I was never that liked when something was repackaged under a different name with disclosing that it is really something that has already been available. It’s an old retail trick that I think is not always fair to the consumer. Is MME not worried that it will cheapen their brand? Will this mean that their newer collections will eventually be handled the same way?

24. Susanne September 2, 2012 at 2:12 pm #

Oops, can’t edit my above comment. It should read “I was never one that liked when something was repackaged under a different without disclosing . . . ” Sorry.

25. Suzanne September 16, 2012 at 9:42 pm #

Thanks everyone! I saw the Traveler 6×6 at my local Michaels and came home to try and locate the 12 x 12 papers and just couldn’t find them at all. Never would have guessed it’s Teresa Collins. Now I really have to do some searching.