What is Cre8time?

The Craft & Hobby Association shared an initiative at the Chicago show which is a concept that has grown out of the newly-revived non-profit CHA Foundation.

Cre8time is a consumer movement to help us all with an area that interferes with our crafting – time. Subtitled “Reclaim your creativity at Cre8time.org”, the initiative is aimed at helping crafters recover time in their lives so that they can devote it to their chosen craft.

Cre8time will launch fully in January 2013. The Foundation is currently soliciting donors and content contributors for Cre8time. Contact ldiaz@craftandhobby.org for more information on how to help.

So, what do you think of the Cre8time concept? Will you implement the campaign in your business? How?

12 Responses to What is Cre8time?

1. Gab July 23, 2012 at 4:55 am #

What a great idea! Can’t wait to see where this will go

2. Kathy H July 23, 2012 at 7:10 am #

Sounds interesting…but time I have. My challenge is getting creative. I find I do better with deadlines!

3. Theresa Mary Stem July 23, 2012 at 8:50 am #

Is cre8time going to have dinner ready and waiting on the table for me everyday when I get home from work? Will it do laundry and vacuum? Does it do dishes? It’s a nice concept, but isn’t another website to check out just another time-suck?

4. Laura July 23, 2012 at 10:02 am #

Amen Sista! I totally agree with Theresa. She hit the nail on the head. It will join the realm of Pinterest, Facebook and other time sucks. I don’t need to learn to better manage my time, I flat out need more hours in the day! When they can create an initiative that gives me that, I will take a look at it. Until then, SB Update is about my limit. Sorry to be a Nasty Nellie, but it’s true.

5. Laura July 23, 2012 at 10:05 am #

Wouldn’t just saying “No!” to everything the PTO/PTA, kids sports club, etc. wants you to dedicate your time to work just ad well?

6. Nancy Nally July 23, 2012 at 11:02 am #

Ok, apparently the video isn’t making clear the concept as it was explained to us in person at CHA by the CEO of CHA and others. Let me give it a try.

You won’t have to go to another website to find out about Cre8time. The idea is that creative businesses and websites will implement Cre8time content in the places that you are already going, like Scrapbook Update. We’ll have Cre8time content here! Cre8time will be an ongoing campaign by places like Scrapbook Update to help you find an extra 8 minutes in your day every day – through efficiency tips, time management, etc – that you can use to craft.

That’s why I asked the question to people at the end of the article about how they were going to implement it in their business…because Cre8time is not a new website or a product itself, but a grassroots campaign that is designed to be implemented by as many craft businesses as possible to help their customers find time to craft.

7. Lisa S July 23, 2012 at 12:54 pm #

Sounds like a great idea Nancy! Very anxious to see what it has to offer! By the way, do you know the name of the piece of music that was used in the background of the video? It is absolutely gorgeous, and I would love to know the name of it!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

8. Vicki Jackson July 23, 2012 at 3:02 pm #

I took a great class from Karen Grunberg “Reclaiming My Time” that dealt with this issue. For me the class was a life savor not only for creative endevors but just finding time to do things that mattered to me.
    I hope this takes off. I think its a great idea!

9. Natasha July 26, 2012 at 9:28 pm #

This sounds interesting, as a business owner in the craft industry I find it hard to get people motivated, keep them updated on all that is new and run a business. The industry has been hard hit in the last couple of years with people who would normally stay at home with the kids finding that they have to go back to work so with looking after the kids, working and running the house they loose the “creative time” they deserve. I would be interested in finding out more information.

10. Tara October 31, 2012 at 5:11 pm #

I think it sounds great, worth a try and I am in.
    Are you any way connected to CRE8workshop.com? That sounds great too.
    Will be looking for the launch in January!

11. Amy R. December 21, 2012 at 1:15 pm #

As a business owner in the craft industry I find it hard to find time myself for crafting. Isn’t that why we got into it in the first place? I think it’s an interesting idea…Will it cost to “participate”? Is this for/from CHA? Is this a marketing concept? I love the video they made at cre8time.org but I don’t really understand what Cre8time IS or what it does….

12. Blue Buddha March 15, 2013 at 3:45 pm #

We started a monthly Cre8time Maker Studio in our Chicago location, opening our doors to makers of all kinds in our community. We had a first one this month and it was a blast! Sometimes as crafters, we can get stuck in our own bubbles a little bit – it’s so inspiring to get people specializing in many making areas together in one space :)