My CHA Winter 2012 Favorites

Walking the floor at CHA always is exciting and frustrating at the same time. It’s exciting to see all of the new products that will be coming out for my future creative play. But it’s often frustrating as I see more products and inspiration than I know that I will ever have time to use, and also get excited about using products that I know may not actually be in my hands for months.

But, in the spirit of the dream of unlimited time and creativity…here’s the things that really spoke to me on the show floor in Anaheim, that stoked my creative fires and made me say “WOW!”

One of the first things I saw in the previews that excited me was the new lines from Pink Paislee. Literally everything they released this show, including their new signature lines, was stunning. But  a few specific pieces really got me excited.

These tags from Spring Jubilee, one of my favorite two collections, grabbed me immediately. Although they are not my favorite tag size (#8) for making stand-alone tag projects, they will still be incredibly useful on layouts.

These collage cards from the Spring Jubilee collection will nicely solve my problem of lusting after Spring Jubilee tags in size #8 that don’t exist after seeing the tags pictured above. They are the perfect size for die cutting a #8 tag out of by using my Tim Holtz Tag & Bookplates die!

I have a bit of a fetish for chipboard buttons, and so these resist chipboard buttons from London Market (my other favorite Pink Paislee collection at CHA Winter 2012) are like a dream come true! They have beautiful vintage designs, but I can make them any color that I want using all of my inks!

Another of my favorite companies, Lily Bee Designs, didn’t disappoint at CHA either. As usual, their paper lines were filled with beautiful small patterns that are so versatile to work with.

Buttercup and Victoria Park are especially fabulous, particularly in 6×6 tablet form. Buttercup’s blue, yellow and gray palette is beautifully trendy without being cliche.

These little die cuts from the Handmade line will be perfect for Project Life. There are sets with the other lines too, but these are my favorites for both their colors and their sentiments.

I’m almost incapable of creating a project without putting at least a button or two on it, and one of my favorite bright and happy companies came through in a big way in the button department this show: Bella Blvd.

Button Market features button cards at very low price points that are just right for using as detailed accent pieces on a project.

This set, in particular, just made me imagine all sorts of delightful girlie projects that it could adorn!

Graphic45 gave us something that really excited me. I have always loved the beauty of their papers but found the detail and rich color difficult to work with. In Anaheim, they debuted a collection that showed off their signature style in black sketched on kraft paper.

The Kraft Reflections collection will let me enjoy Graphic45′s signature vintage beauty in my projects without feeling overwhelmed, perhaps accenting it with their full-color designs to create a coordinated look.

Another kraft paper that has me inspired is from Canvas Corp’s new Coffee line. This particular design reminds me somewhat of Starbucks logos and the holders they put around their cups.

Although I don’t drink coffee, my husband does. Since no one else in my family ever drank it either, it’s something I associate strongly with him. I look forward to its smell returning to our home soon. This paper is the perfect paper to scrap that with, or to use in Project Life.

A fun little thing that I found in the new exhibitor section but didn’t hear getting much buzz really grabbed my attention as being unique and great for card makers. It’s called the Action Wobble Spring, and makes pop-up sections on cards that wobble and bounce.

The spring is lightweight plastic and compresses flat for mailing. It’s self adhesive on both sides for adhering to both the project and the item that you want to have “spring”. I look forward to bringing more smiles to the recipients of my cards with these quirky little accessories!

And of course, my CHA favorites wouldn’t be complete without some picks from my favorite designer – Tim Holtz!

I knew as soon as I saw the preview of these that I would love them, and after seeing them demo’d and getting to try them myself, I know I am right. Tim Holtz’s new Distress Markers line from Ranger will definitely revolutionize the way that I use my stamps, and even change what stamps I buy since I now have an easy way to use multiple ink colors on the same stamp.

The only question now is whether I will assemble a collection of these little by little, as I’ve done my Distress Ink pads, or will just jump right in with the full set immediately.

Although I love my Sizzix Big Shot machine, I have not yet invested in an alphabet die for it. It’s almost like I had been waiting for this without knowing it!

This new Word Play die from Tim Holtz is a fabulous, versatile font in a great size, and the steel rule die will cut all sorts of materials. I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Even better than the alphabet may be the new stencil number die:

These stencil numbers are Movers and Shapers dies, and the perfect size for cutting inside the #8 tag in the Tag & Bookplates die. They will be fabulous for working on the tag album that I am making to count off the months that my husband is away.

Of course, there is plenty more on my CHA Winter 2012 wish list…this is just some of the highlights. I look forward this season to not only getting some beautiful consumable supplies that will make me happy to use, but acquiring some new tools that will also serve me for a long time to come.

18 Responses to My CHA Winter 2012 Favorites

1. Victoria Sturdevant February 6, 2012 at 1:12 am #

Great choices! I want the Word Play die, too. Already pre-ordered the markers – the whole set! LOL

2. Neysa February 6, 2012 at 2:52 pm #

I want it all. Thanks for sharing.

3. Gela65 February 6, 2012 at 3:48 pm #

So much to create, So little time. Great choices.

4. Debra February 6, 2012 at 8:37 pm #

That Word Play die is going to fly off the shelves – wonder how long it’ll take for me to track one down!

5. Debra February 6, 2012 at 8:38 pm #

You must be missing your husband something fierce. You said soon, hopefully it’s real soon that he’s coming home.

• Nancy February 6, 2012 at 9:41 pm #

Unfortunately he will not be home with us for another 21 months – Oct. 2013. However, we are anticipating him being moved any day to a facility that is 40 minutes from our home and that is a much more lower security level facility than where he is now, so fewer restrictions on him (and on us when we visit). It will be a vast improvement for all of us, especially since he’s been 7 hours away from home for the last year! Fingers crossed that it happens fast…we’ve been waiting 4 months already and it should be soon!

• Allie.Duckienz February 14, 2012 at 12:14 am #

Sending you love Nancy. 7 hours is just too far for you and your daughter. 40 mins is doable. We live 45 mins from our nearest city and go in weekly with ease. Hope that happens NOW :D

6. Karenajo February 6, 2012 at 10:41 pm #

Great picks – I do love those buttons that you can add your own color to and what better to add it with than the Distress Markers – can’t wait to get some – thanks for sharing.

7. Beverley Leeson February 7, 2012 at 1:21 am #

Wow! Nancy you did a really great job with your picks. I LOVE those Resist Buttons and the Distress Markers, both of those will be making their way to my house as well as the Gorgeous little 6×6 Paper Pads and Bella Blvd. Buttons. I too have a bit of a thing with Buttons. As for Hubby I will keep my fingers & toes crossed for you that he is moved closer real soon. Hope your little girl is coping well with all this. It must be Awful for all of you. Anyway Thanks for the great report and your Faves list. Lot of work in this post.
    Cyber Hugs,
    Beverley………………………………

8. Trish February 7, 2012 at 6:38 am #

Nancy, I loved your picks and can’t wait to try the markers and I will buy the word play die. Thanks for the heads up. And very best wishes to you and your husband as you are apart.

9. Theresa February 7, 2012 at 6:58 am #

You picked many of the things that I loved, too!

10. Cindy deRosier February 7, 2012 at 9:06 am #

Great choices! I”m looking forward to seeing some creations from these.

• Nancy February 7, 2012 at 9:17 am #

Not sure how fast some of these will be available…I’m hoping it will be soon!!!

11. Leslie Kiley February 7, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

I love the choices you made and I do want all of these as well!

12. Gail Alcorn February 7, 2012 at 6:14 pm #

Love the buttons and, of course, the distress markers. Can hardly wait for those!!!

13. Lysa February 7, 2012 at 7:27 pm #

Nancy,
    Thanks so much for all the great coverage you and your team did for this CHA show. I have been glued to all the posts and the paperclipping vids. The CHA Baby round table was awesome. I have to say I am excited about a lot of the product. I am saving my dollars and pennies for a shopping spree. The industry owes you all a round of thanks and applause for your coverage. Thanks again,
    Lysa
    P.S. Tell the hubs when he gets home he IS so expected to do a Christmas tag challange!! I really enjoyed when the two of you when head to head!

• Nancy February 7, 2012 at 7:49 pm #

Thanks Lysa! So glad you like the coverage! And we are definitely planning more tag challenges in the future! We talk often about spending time scrapping together again…I even sent Mike info on new CHA products when I was in California so he could see all the latest & greatest! Probably the weirdest mail ever to come through that prison mail room LOL He’ll be home for Christmas tags in 2013 for sure…and we are hoping that this year he’ll be able to make at least one tag with me even though he’ll still be in custody. Stay tuned! ;-)

14. Stacy Martinis February 7, 2012 at 9:39 pm #

I was surprised to not hear more of a buzz about the Wobble spring either. The first day after getting my bag at registration I put that snail on it and played with it. Of course, I purchased 1000 of them right away! I think they are going to be a hit with the card makers at my shop!

The other item that I thought was really cool was the StkrIT, scan codes for cards. For a $1.00 a card retail you can have a talking card, and that is really cool! I actually finally downloaded a QR reader for that sticker.

The only pick on your line up that didn’t excite me much was the Graphic 45 Kraft line. However I had to buy the entire Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe line and I think that is going to be a huge hit!