Video | Tim Holtz Demos New Ranger Distress Markers

My iPhone and I were able to capture a video of Tim Holtz demonstrating the use of his new Distress Markers from Ranger. As expected, these markers make detail work a breeze, and as a bonus you’ll also get to see Tim’s new Water Brushes in action.

May Flaum (whose elbow got a bit involved in the video at the beginning- just a little behind the scenes at CHA for you!) will be bringing you an in-depth review and how-to article using these new markers as soon as she can get her hands on them! Be on the lookout for that in the coming weeks here on Scrapbook Update.

8 Responses to Video | Tim Holtz Demos New Ranger Distress Markers

1. Renee J. January 30, 2012 at 1:11 pm #

Wow, is all I can say….wait, one more thing. I want these!! Great video, Melissa!! Thank you!!

2. Bunnyfreak January 30, 2012 at 1:39 pm #

I definately want the water pens.

3. Colleen January 30, 2012 at 2:21 pm #

What was the coated matte paper he was talking about at the very beginning?

4. Aimee Fleck January 30, 2012 at 2:48 pm #

Colleen,

Ranger is releasing some coated paper for stamping and stuff. It will also work with Alcohol Inks- it’s not GLOSSY, so the look will be a little different, but it is coated so the inks will not sink into it.

I already knew I wanted the markers- I adore Distress anything!! But now I need that flat water brush, too.

5. KateT January 31, 2012 at 6:48 am #

Thanks you guys, this is the 1st Distress Marker video i’ve seen and they definitely do what I had hoped, but now I want the new water brushes too!!

** Kate **

6. Meghan January 31, 2012 at 9:11 am #

Hi Melissa – thanks for sharing this awesome video!! Do you mind if I post it on The Paperie blog and link back to you??

7. Gab January 31, 2012 at 10:21 pm #

Thanks Melissa! Great video! I think I need those markers and the water pen too!

8. Kassi February 1, 2012 at 3:08 pm #

how well do these color on clear stamps? Most markers bead up… do these work better?

Let us know your thoughts!