Close To My Heart, a direct sales company based in Pleasant Grove, Utah, has several positions currently posted for hiring:
Marketing Communication Specialist
Close To My Heart, a leader in the scrapbook and stamp industry, is looking for a Marketing Communication Specialist (MarCom) to be a part of our Marketing team. This position will support the marketing team through the project management of printed and online tasks, making sure all are on time, on budget, and on strategy, as well as help define, articulate (verbal and written), and manage the strategic messaging platforms of the company. We are located in Pleasant Grove, Utah. This is a full-time, in-house position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with internal clients to initiate all projects. Initiations include objectives, audience, unique selling propositions, supporting points, look and feel requirements, specifications, budget, timeline, milestones, and final deliverable.
- Write marketing and strategic copy for the web and print collateral pieces while being a project team leader in the communications area to produce all written messaging for the company and partner with management team to craft branding strategies/product naming conventions, product packaging position, etc.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of designers, writers, instructional technologists, purchasing, product development, in-house clients, and management.
- Deliver web-specific products and projects to include e-commerce and promotional/campaign pieces; manage a corporate website, public and authenticated site, various HTML newsletters, online surveys, image archives, and replicated website offering for the sales field.
- Deliver print-specific pieces including training manuals, marketing publications, brochures, postcards, catalogs, advertisements, how-to publications, product packaging, banners, event collateral, and web items.
- This position requires independent motivation and strong creative and fact-finding abilities. The position will require personal productivity.
- The position also requires significant team interaction and leadership abilities, include strength in tact, persuasion, problem-solving, listening, customer service, and follow-though.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or English required
- A minimum of 2 years experience in business, marketing, or public relations is required beyond degree
- Exceptional writing skills with an extensive portfolio including marketing copy, ad copy, persuasive/editorial copy, instructional copy and script writing
- Strong project management skills with exceptional attention to detail, particularly in a content-rich, production-intensive environment (publishing, media, or agency experience preferred)
- Web experience not required, and no programming/application knowledge is necessary, but candidates should have a strong aptitude for technology and be able to learn new applications and methods quickly
Visit our web site at www.closetomyheart.com
How to Apply:
Interested candidate should send resume and writing samples (see below for sample instructions) to email@example.com including job title “Marketing Communications Specialist” in the subject line. Please include salary requirements.
For full consideration, please submit the following writing samples with your resume:
- 1 long writing sample (anything of at least 2,000 words: book chapters, manual excerpts, training course, video script, etc.)
- 2 short writing samples (anything of 500 words or fewer: a review, advertising copy, press release, article excerpt, etc.)
An on-site editing/writing test will be a part of the interview and selection process.
Close To My Heart, a leader in the scrapbook and stamp industry, is looking for a part-time scrapbook artist to be a member of our art studio. This position will support the Creative Marketing team through the design and creation of artwork for printed and online collateral, making sure all are on time, on budget, and on strategy. Artwork may include layouts, handmade cards, 3-D items, and home décor.
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
- Create artwork for semi-annual catalog
- Self starter
- Deadline driven
- Problem solver
- Respond well to feedback
- Remain creative under strict guidelines
- Understand and follow trends both inside/outside of the scrapbooking industry
- Interest in scrapbooking and/or crafting
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail
- One year experience scrapbooking and stamping preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of Photoshop is a plus
Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Visit our web site at www.closetomyheart.com
Hours vary based on demand and can range from 5 to 31 hours per week.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org including job title “Scrapbook Artist” in the subject line. Please include your preferred schedule.
For full consideration, all candidates will be required to submit a portfolio that includes the following artwork samples:
- At least three examples of scrapbook pages
- 2–3 handmade cards
- 2 or more 3-D/home décor type items
Portfolios may be mailed or dropped off to the front desk at Close To My Heart, 1199 W. 700 S., Pleasant Grove, UT 84062. Please label all portfolio items “Attention Carlie Robertson” and include your contact information so that we can return your portfolio when we have completed the hiring process.
Interaction Production Designer
Department: Creative Services
Reports to: Art Manager—IxD (Creative Services > Marketing)
Interaction Design (IxD) team members at Close To My Heart design, curate, and improve our external and internal web applications and experiences. We’re looking for an Interaction Production Designer who will work with content producers, interaction designers, and developer teams in a rapid-prototype environment to contribute to development and production considerations. Your portfolio and interview should demonstrate an appropriate level of visual thinking, planning, communications skills, and attention to detail. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have one to three years’ experience working in interaction/multimedia experiences.
- You have proficiency in HTML and CSS standards-based front-end development.
- Have familiarity in working with content management systems? That’s a big plus, but it isn’t necessarily required.
- You have good communication skills and the ability to self-manage multiple and simultaneous assignments in a small, dynamic team environment.
- You’re attentive to detail, you’re a self-starter, you have the ability to identify directions and needs, and you love technologies that make web experiences better.
- Naturally, you have proficiency in Adobe CS applications, but if you have additional skills in audio, video, and/or other related multimedia production applications, that’s also a huge plus.
- You’ve got a college degree or certificate in visual, web, or interaction design, or related fields or you have equivalent work experience that makes you a good fit.
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk. Please email a resume and appropriate links to work projects to email@example.com. Thanks.
Would you like your company’s job listed on Scrapbook Update? Please email your listing to nancy[at]scrapbookupdate.com for posting.
Want to stay up-to-date on all the latest scrapbook news?