Christmas 2011 Holiday Paper Collections Roundup

In the scrapping world, Christmas journaling season is in full swing. Whether you follow Journal Your Christmas, December Daily, or your own form of holiday memory keeping, I’m betting that you – like many other scrappers out there – are searching for the perfect new paper line to complement your seasonal photos.

Rest assured that Scrapbook Update is on the case! I’ve spent hours combing manufacturer web sites, blogs, online catalogs, and promotional images to bring you a massive informational resource. Every Christmas line released at or since CHA Summer 2011 is listed here along with a sampling of images of the line’s papers and coordinating embellishments (where applicable). Yes, that’s right! From 3 Bugs in a Rug to Webster’s Pages, I’ve scoured the scrapbook industry to bring all things Christmas right to your computer’s monitor.

Additionally, I’ve attempted to categorize each line based on color palette and style. I’ve kept the number of categories to a minimum to make things simple (keep in mind that some lines may span multiple categories). Here’s a little information to help you decode what each label means:

• Traditional Color Palette – Each of these lines stays true to the red and greens that are the hallmark of Christmas lines (exclusive of any neutrals). Additionally, I’ve allowed lines that include blue as an additional color into this category due to the prevalence of red, green, and blue lines this year. The presence of any other color, though, such as yellow or pink, earns the line a nontraditional label.
  • Nontraditional Color Palette – While these lines may contain heavy amounts of red, green, and blue amongst their colors, they also include other shades such as purple, pink, or yellow.
  • Vintage Style – These lines are characterized by one or both of the following: heavy distressing, or the presence of vintage imagery. Additionally, an “aged” color palette may earn a line a spot in the vintage category.
  • Whimsical Style – These lines contain some of those adorable images that we associate with Christmas: smiling snowmen, scarf-adorned penguins, and a general line-art style to the illustrations are some of the hallmarks of this category.
  • Graphic Style – These lines are characterized by clean lines and may contain heavy amounts of dot, stripe, and lattice prints. Additionally, traditional Christmas icons that are depicted using clean lines and a lack of distressing will earn a line a spot in this category. The graphic style category is the most likely to be combined with one of the other two styles.

If you want to find a particular line based on either style or color palette, I recommend that you use your browser’s search function to find lines that fall into the categories listed above. Otherwise, all lines are listed in alphabetical order by manufacturer.

3 Bugs in a Rug

Webster’s Pages

Botanical Christmas

Color Palette: Nontraditional; Style: Vintage

Winter Fairy Tale

Color Palette: Nontraditional; Style: Vintage, Graphic

Available at Scrapbook.com and TwoPeasInABucket.com

There’s lots of options to choose from, whether your style is vintage or graphic or classic…what is your favorite collection this holiday season?

46 Responses to Christmas 2011 Holiday Paper Collections Roundup

1. Beth Ann November 12, 2011 at 8:20 pm #

Just wanted to say that this is amazing and thanks so very much for putting it together. I had no idea there were this many lines out there this year! And seeing them this way has really helped me to see what I am drawn to. Thanks again!

2. scrapper al November 12, 2011 at 8:29 pm #

Thank you so much for putting this together. I had no idea there were so many Christmas collections.

3. KathyinMN November 12, 2011 at 9:15 pm #

Wow! Where is the enabler alert? Must get the DCWV stack, simple stories …… Keeping post unread so I can shop off it later!

4. Beverly November 12, 2011 at 9:19 pm #

Thanks so much…..what a wonderful way to view all the Christmas eye candy!!

5. Donna Clark November 13, 2011 at 3:34 am #

Nice job !!! Great to see it all in one place.
    Thanks!

6. Leslyn Kraus November 13, 2011 at 3:35 am #

What a wonderful idea to put all of the Christmas paper together. Thank you so much!

7. CindyJ November 13, 2011 at 6:49 am #

WOW! You did an incredible job of putting all this together!!! I can only imagine the work that went into this. This is so much fun to look through and drool over.

Thank you SO MUCH for all your hard work on this. Love it!

8. chrisd November 13, 2011 at 7:38 am #

Whew, What an amazing bunch of thoughtfulness you did in preparing this collection and making it super easy to pick out our “must haves”!!!Thanks so much!

9. Lori November 13, 2011 at 8:03 am #

WOW! What an incredible post–thank you for all this very helpful visual information!

10. Emma O. November 13, 2011 at 8:12 am #

Thank you for the fantastic job you havae done in creating a place where all collections can be viewed! You’ve done a wonderful job.

11. Tam November 13, 2011 at 8:16 am #

Thank you so much! This was so ( enabling:))helpful. I sadly bookmarked 11 must have collections. I love Christmas paper!

12. Diane November 13, 2011 at 8:43 am #

Thank you so much for this. It is so helpful I love the Echo Park and the Teresa Collins is absolutely stunning. I jsut went on the Teresa Collins website and she has an advent box made from her papers and it is totally gorgeous. I hadn’t even seen this line until I looked at this article on your website. Thanks again.

13. Mary L November 13, 2011 at 9:04 am #

Yikes! I do not know how one is supposed to choose! Thank you for showing us so much of what is out there as I live in scrapbook barren land.

14. JillT November 13, 2011 at 9:08 am #

I think you got them all covered! Wow! Now if I could just PURCHASE some. LSS just went belly-up and I’m having a hard time with finding some online. This is November folks. . .where are your products???

15. Leslee Cotterell-Barrow November 13, 2011 at 9:13 am #

You went above and beyond organizing all the Christmas collections. What an awesome job. Nice to see them all in one place. Thanks again.
    Leslee in MT

16. Robin November 13, 2011 at 9:42 am #

Wow so many choices. Thanks for putting this together for us.

17. Margie Visnick November 13, 2011 at 10:20 am #

WOW! So many gorgeous collections, how will I ever choos?

18. Reina November 13, 2011 at 11:43 am #

Thank you very much for taking the time to put this together and sharing!!

19. lyneen November 13, 2011 at 11:58 am #

What an amazing post!!!! All the awesome papers available!!! WOW! I have some of the Bo Bunny. I can see I will have to look at getting a few of these!

20. Stacy Caddy November 13, 2011 at 12:02 pm #

Thank you so much for putting these all together… I found quite a few that I want….

21. Kelly S November 13, 2011 at 12:33 pm #

Thank you so much for this post! I have been trying to narrow down my Christmas choices and have been going all over the web looking at different collections. I love having everything in one place!

22. April W November 13, 2011 at 12:43 pm #

Fabulous collections!!! I’m really loving the Authentique…
    - April W

23. KatieK. November 13, 2011 at 1:48 pm #

This is a wonderful round up of the holiday collections. How do we choose! What do you think is the prevailing design theme this year? I noticed a lot of green apple color. What do the rest of you see?

Where are the offerings from Close to My Heart, Stampin’ Up, and Creative Memories? I would love if those companies were represented here for review and comparison. As someone who also uses those lines of products, it would help me and probably others to have those up to compare and help us decide where to spend our holiday crafting $.

24. Julie Ebersole November 13, 2011 at 4:28 pm #

FANTASTIC showcase of the 2011 holiday releases! THANK YOU!!!

25. Sheila Holzhuter November 13, 2011 at 5:27 pm #

Great job on the holiday collections!!! This will be extremely helpful. Thank you for all the time you spent to make it easier for us to make decisions. It is so much fun to see everything that is available.

26. bonnie weiss November 13, 2011 at 5:43 pm #

Loved your Christmas Parade of Paper … thanks so much.

27. Debra Williams November 13, 2011 at 5:54 pm #

Thank you so much for all of your work! It is crafters like you that make SU priceless. I have my shopping lists ready. Thank you so much for adding where we can purchase.

28. Keri November 13, 2011 at 6:05 pm #

Love seeing them all together like this, Melissa…great idea! I’ve definitely got my two favorites, with bits & pieces of 3 or so others mixed in for good measure!

29. Linda B. November 13, 2011 at 6:51 pm #

Thank you for such an amazing job of putting all these in one spot for us. I really must get out and buy the Simple Stories 25 Days of Christmas.

30. Debra November 13, 2011 at 8:11 pm #

Fabbo – I’m waiting for OA’s Holiday Style!

31. Crystal Williams November 13, 2011 at 8:12 pm #

Once again you have managed to bring those of us from rural areas up to speed. You have no idea how much I appreciate your help since I can’t go to a scrapbook store and peruse all of these myself. Thank you so much!

32. JOANNE November 13, 2011 at 8:40 pm #

Thank you so much for doing this .
    It will be extremely helpful for not only layouts but for cards as well. YOU ROCK MELISSA!

33. Paula M November 13, 2011 at 9:23 pm #

Thanks for this! It was very helpful in seeing what is out there and what it all looks like! Made my shopping much easier! Any plans to do the same thing for the Valentines 2011? I’m already planning ahead and having a hard time finding all the different romantic themed/type of paper packs!

• Melissa Stinson November 14, 2011 at 2:37 pm #

Paula- ask and you shall receive!! This is the first time that SBU has tried a holiday roundup post like this, and based on the reception we will definitely be doing it for future holidays, as well! The holidays that are chosen for next year will be based on whether or not there are enough new releases for that holiday to warrant a roundup, but Valentine’s 2012 will DEFINITELY happen! We’re thinking a mid-January release will give crafters enough time to choose their supplies for V-Day, but if anyone else would like to chime in on how soon before the holiday is useful, please feel free to leave a comment.

34. Tricia November 13, 2011 at 10:17 pm #

This is fabulous! Thanks so much!

35. Leanne November 14, 2011 at 6:40 am #

For those who have asked, Stampin’ Up!’s seasonal offering in the UK is Holly Berry Bouquet – here are some pictures on my blog – Site admin feel free to grab these pictures and then delete my link if needs be, not trying for a shameless ad lol
    Leanne x

• KatieK November 14, 2011 at 2:24 pm #

Thanks for posting the link. The poinsetta paper is versatile – not just for Xmas.

• Melissa Stinson November 14, 2011 at 2:34 pm #

Leanne- thank you for the Stampin’ Up link! I will look into including consultant-based paper lines in future roundups- the Valentine’s one is already being planned for mid-January 2012!

36. Susan November 14, 2011 at 8:49 am #

Thanks for the roundup; it’s fun to see them all in one place. I hadn’t seen that October Afternoon collection yet. Looks like it’s not available anywhere yet, although it was supposed to ship in October,. Can you guys look into that? I’m kind of bummed because I’ve already picked my collection for the year (Echo Park), but would have liked to have included October Afternoon. It’s almost too late. But of course that won’t stop me once it’s available :)

• Melissa Stinson November 16, 2011 at 10:48 pm #

Susan- October Afternoon has had manufacturing issues with a couple of the items in the Holiday Style line, so shipment has been delayed. I was not able to get an ETA, though.

37. Ali MacDonald November 14, 2011 at 10:38 am #

TY TY TY!!!!!!! What a wonderful compilation- so up to the minute and HANDY! AGAIN: THANK YOU! ~ Ali

38. Candy November 14, 2011 at 10:58 am #

This is fascinating! I was surprised by the ones I liked and disliked. Interesting as to how many ‘personalities’ exist in the paper world. Who knew? I wonder if one could correlate paper design to basic human personalities somehow.

39. Laura November 14, 2011 at 3:00 pm #

Thanks for the comprehensive post, Melissa! I’m planning on using my stash for this year’s Christmas scrapping, but I really want to pick up the My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found Christmas line to use in the future. I love traditional colors + vintage style and this line is really lovely.

40. Gab November 16, 2011 at 1:18 am #

I’m in awe of you Melissa!! Thank you so much for this post – I just love Christmas things and I’ve been wanting to see all the lines in one spot so I can pick and choose!

41. Ami November 16, 2011 at 12:24 pm #

Thanks so much for posting this! I was confused about which holiday line to choose from for my own holiday cards….this has made it so much easier!

42. Sara November 20, 2011 at 7:37 pm #

It’s interesting to see how many Christmas lines there are – especially since many scrapbookers, including myself, don’t celebrate Christmas. Hanukkah themed lines are very difficult to find, yet there is an audience for them. Where’s a good place to look for Hanukkah besides Crafting Jewish Style?