Suzi Blu Moves To Stampavie

Stampavie has shared exclusively with Scrapbook Update that mixed media artist Suzi Blu has signed with the company to create a signature stamp line. Suzi Blu was formerly with Unity Stamp.

New Jersey-based Suzi Blu is known for her folk art based designs that feature portaits, and for her offbeat personal style. On the transition to working with Stampavie, she commented:

Something happens when two people get together that are meant to be together, that’s me and Heidi. More than a working relationship we are friends of a like mind, and enthusiastic to take the stamp world and show them what mixed media is all about! We foresee not just creating beautiful stamps to be used in traditional ways, but transforming the occasional crafter into an artist. Our stamp line is the starting place that will inspire the limitless potential that is inside each one of us to create unique and personalized works of art worthy of decorating walls. I couldn’t be happier about collaborating with a company whose vision is not just to get by but in essence, to change the world.

France-based Stampavie, which was founded in 2007, has also produced signature lines by designers Sarah Kay, Tina Wenke, and Penny Johnson. All of the company’s stamps are photopolymer and produced in the U.S. Heidi Johnston, CEO of Stampavie, told Scrapbook Update about the new partnership with Suzi Blu:

Mixed Media is the perfect medium to explore, learn from one another and grow. Crafters will love the endless possibilities of Suzi’s stamps and the freedom they bring to try new techniques and styles. Suzi is an amazing artist and beautiful person and I am truly excited to be able to bring her stamps to Stampavie.

The new Suzi Blu products from Stampavie will launch at CHA Winter 2012 in Anaheim, CA in January. The artist also has several educational events planned in collaboration with Stampavie, including workshops and demos at CHA Winter 2012 and SMAC Paris 2012, as well as an event in the spring in Provence.

, ,

7 Responses to Suzi Blu Moves To Stampavie

1. Gab September 20, 2011 at 5:27 am #

Can’t wait to see what they come up with

2. lyneen September 20, 2011 at 9:19 pm #

Looking forward to CHA 2012!

3. Margaux September 21, 2011 at 5:06 pm #

Kind of tired of Suzi, but curious about Stampavie.

4. Paula September 22, 2011 at 4:33 am #

I LOVE Suzi Blu, and could NEVER get “tired” of her! She is positive thinking brought to physical form! I am looking forward to taking some of her classes just as soon as I can afford it (Im a victim of the American economy failure and find myself temporarily laid off) and adding some “Suzi-Flare” to my stamp collection!

5. ArtTherapist September 25, 2011 at 11:43 pm #

This is wonderful news! I’ve been following Suziblu since 2009 and have found her to be not only imaginative, creative and talented, but her supportive dialog encouraging women to create and to believe in themselves, borders on art therapy itself. She is funny, quirky and very personable and her Art is embodies Herself: lovely, colorful, fun and soulful. I, too, look forward to the collaboration!

Congratulations!

6. gypsytears September 28, 2011 at 7:25 pm #

I love her in encouraging words but yeah I am getting sick of her slanted headed big eyed girls. She has so much talent I wish she would do more,but if its a money maker why stop. I hope it wont be all cookie cutter style. You can only do so much with the girls.

7. Davielle Huffman February 18, 2012 at 6:47 pm #

I believe the purpose of this announcement was to celebrate the collaboration between artist Suzi Blu and Stampavie. I am sad to see people in the mixed media world use this “forum” to bash an artist. I say “congratulations” on what is sure to be a delightful partnership, Suzi and Stampavie .. and I hope no more mean comments find their way here. (there’s a reason your mama told you “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all”).