Video | The Crafter’s Workshop Templates

The Crafters Workshop creates templates in a wide variety of designs that are available in two sizes (12×12 and 6×6) that are wonderful for paper crafters and mixed media art (such as the art journaling that is rapidly rising in popularity recently). Their designs were so outstanding at the summer CHA show, they landed a spot on Scrapbook Update’s top 10 picks list.

I have been a fan of the company’s products for about a year now, and each show as they release even more I find them becoming more of a staple in my crafting. Today I have created a video showing some of the new templates in use, my tips and tricks for getting the most out of them, and giving you some ideas for putting them to use. For everything from basic use with a mist to using molding paste, creating texture, to adding subtle design, these plastic templates are simple and fast to use.

I talk about a lot of different templates and products in the video, so in case you missed something, here is a reference guide to what I used.

Templates seen in video include:

Here’s some other templates I frequently use in my designs:

Products that I recommend using to get great effects with these templates include:

I hope you’ve enjoyed this look at Crafter’s Workshop templates. Scrapbook.com offers a wonderful selection of them, and you can expect to see me using even more of them in future. If you have any questions or tips of your own, feel free to comment here.

13 Responses to Video | The Crafter’s Workshop Templates

1. Duckienz August 19, 2011 at 11:36 pm #

Oh I love these. My former LSS got these in a long time ago (at least 3 years as that’s how long I have been gone) and I bought several. They were very detailed patterns and I love these bolder patterns more I think. I will need to get some soon!
    Allie

2. kim borcoman August 19, 2011 at 11:37 pm #

Hi May! Great video. Years ago I bought something called Yes paste for stenciling. Is that the same thing as modeling paste?
    Thanks!
    Kim

• May August 20, 2011 at 10:59 am #

I’ve never heard of that before. If it can be easily spread (and will dry totally, etc) then go for it! :)

3. Sharon F August 20, 2011 at 1:10 pm #

Loved the video – and your passionate enthusiasm. So nice to get to know your personality and style. Especially after meeting you in San Jose at Tim’s workshops. I have take several classes with you from BPS, now BPC and love your No Fear approach. I look forward to seeing more videos from you.

4. Charity Donaldson August 20, 2011 at 2:41 pm #

Really wishing my LSS carried these templates, may have to break down and order online.

5. Charity Donaldson August 20, 2011 at 9:39 pm #

Forgot to say how much I loved the vid, would love to see more video reviews in the future here at Scrapbook Update!

6. Kelly Klapstein August 21, 2011 at 11:35 am #

Awesome video, May! I’m going to be using the brick template and molding paste on my next project and this was really helpful. Can’t wait to get my hands on some of the new templates! Thanks for sharing :)

7. Judy Webb August 21, 2011 at 1:21 pm #

Loved this video, going to pull out my Crafter’s Workshop templates and start using multi medium and mist. Thanks for the help.

8. Cindy deRosier August 21, 2011 at 5:58 pm #

GREAT video! I’ve used and loved Crafter’s Workshop templates for about 3 years, but I”ve never tried the pastes or resists with them. Looking forward to trying it for myself!

9. Marissa August 23, 2011 at 12:32 pm #

Is that the Spun Sugar Distress stain you used on the last technique?

• May August 23, 2011 at 12:48 pm #

No, that is a very pale pink. Shown in the video is worn lipstick.

• Marissa August 23, 2011 at 12:49 pm #

Thanks! :)

10. Gab August 24, 2011 at 12:35 am #

I love these too – need to get some of the newer designs. Great video, thanks May!