Margie Romney-Aslett joining Bazzill

Margie Romney-Aslett has announced that she is joining Bazzill as its new Art Director.

Romney-Aslett departed Authentique Paper only a week before its launch at CHA Summer 2011 under murky circumstances. In April, Romney-Aslett had announced that she was leaving her signature line at Advantus, The Girls Paperie, to join the new start-up.

Bazzill is a natural landing spot for Romney-Aslett. She started her scrapbook career working at Scrapbooks Etc, the Mesa, Arizona retail store owned by Doug and Marti Jones, who also own Bazzill. Since that time she has maintained a close relationship with the Jones’ both personally and professionally.

So what does Bazzill, known for their industry-dominating textured cardstock, need with an Art Director known for designing vintage patterned papers? Her new role at Bazzill is described by the company as “designing, managing artists and helping Bazzill as it continues building its product lines.” Facing stiff competition in the cardstock market the past several years from Core’dinations and American Crafts, Bazzill began expanding their line of offerings beyond basic cardstock into embellishments. At CHA Winter 2011, they took that expansion a step further and introduced lines of patterned papers and coordinating embellishments. Romney-Aslett’s talents will almost certainly be used (among other things) to breathe life into these lines that to date have not made much of a splash in the marketplace.

15 Responses to Margie Romney-Aslett joining Bazzill

1. Rebecca August 15, 2011 at 11:55 am #

I am so excited to hear this great news for Margie and for Bazzill. I think it is so fantastic for both of them!! I can’t wait to see what beauty blooms out of this!

2. Melissa August 15, 2011 at 12:06 pm #

This move should prove exciting for all us who love Vintage and Bazzill! Congrats to Margie!

3. Tammy D August 15, 2011 at 5:55 pm #

This sounds like a great match! I wish them both the best. I have always loved Bazzill – though I spread the love around as I have a good stack of Core’dinations too – but it seems like Bazzill hasn’t released anything super buzzy worthy in a good while. I hope to see great things come from this union!

4. Gab August 16, 2011 at 8:04 am #

I can’t wait to see what this new partnership brings!

5. Cindy deRosier August 16, 2011 at 8:42 am #

Intriguing. Looking forward to learning more. Thanks for the update!

6. Lucie Hale August 16, 2011 at 9:32 am #

This sounds like an instant boom for both Bazzill and Margie, and I love them both, so I am thrilled for them! Expecting great things in the coming months!!

7. Duckienz August 16, 2011 at 10:08 am #

I never realised that Bazzill did anything but cardstock.

• Jennifer August 18, 2011 at 5:04 pm #

I never did, either– hopefully now, Margie will change that!

8. Mellany Carver August 16, 2011 at 12:25 pm #

Yippee for Margie and Hooray for Bazzill!!

9. Jersey Girl Anne August 16, 2011 at 8:33 pm #

Great news! All the best to both parties involved.

10. Melanie August 16, 2011 at 11:42 pm #

Yippee for Margie and Hooray for Bazzill!! I love them both. It will be so much fun to see what this new partnership will bring. Very Excited for their future together….

11. Giny Cortes August 18, 2011 at 6:16 pm #

I see three winners here— Bazzil, Margie and Scrapbookers!!! Can’t wait to see the collaboration on paper!

12. fetchirmg August 31, 2011 at 10:51 am #

Thnkx so much for this! I have not been this thrilled by a post for a long time! You have got it, whatever that means in blogging. Well, You are definitely someone that has something to say that people need to hear. Keep up the great work. Keep on inspirin

13. razleolin September 1, 2011 at 1:43 pm #

14. iabevelaflor September 1, 2011 at 2:56 pm #

OMG! It’s like you understand my mind! You seem to know so much about this, just like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, besides that, this is great blog. A outstanding read. I’l