Margie Romney-Aslett Launches Authentique Paper

Margie Romney-Aslett has announced the launch of her new paper brand, Authentique Paper, that will debut at CHA Summer 2011 in Chicago next month.

Romney-Aslett previously had launched a signature line with Advantus, called The Girls Paperie, in January 2010, and that line’s three CHA showings were quite successful. In April of this year, however, Advantus announced that it was releasing Romney-Aslett from her contract with them at her request. A few days following her release from Advantus, the paperwork that formed Authentique Paper was filed. Besides Romney-Aslett, Authentique Paper is made up of owners Bret Cornell and Samantha Wheatley-Cornell, along with a team of David Ross, Nate Yearsley and Tara DeHart Shirley.

Prior to having a signature line at Advantus, Romney-Aslett was a designer and educator at Making Memories. In addition to her product design work, Romney-Aslett also co-owns The Girls Loft kit club with her daughters, Megan and Brooke.

Romney-Aslett described her role at Authentique to Scrapbook Update as “Style and Media.” She went on to say that:

I am designing with a great team of Graphic Designers along with the owner Sam Wheatley. I will be doing social media, some marketing and educating as well. I am excited about my role at Authentique Paper. [I am] looking forward to creating beautiful paper products and getting back to the basics of papercrafting, paper!

Scrapbook Update’s own May Flaum is a member of Authentique Paper’s inaugural design team:

When Authentique arrived on my doorstep I was floored. The first thing I noticed about this release is the obvious quality of the papers. They are all printed here in the USA, and the thick stock and beautiful patterns are lovely.

It is fun to work with – I’ve already worked up a number of projects and have many more ideas in my head for what I’ll do next. Being on this team is going to be a lot of fun! I really like that the focus is on papers and journaling products (alphabet and word stickers, etc) and that they’re making everything here in the USA too.

The colors, design elements, and Margie’s signature style are all in play here, and combine to make a new line of products that I’m both very excited about – and anxious to see what will come next. I want more Authentique.

From the previews below, it’s clear that Authentique Paper will carry Romney-Aslett’s signature vintage style. Three lines called Uncommon, Blissful, and Journey, have been shown, with the promise of a fourth debut coming soon, and more reveals to come at CHA Summer 2011. Some of the visible elements in the already-peeked lines that are very on trend include the rulers, toile, color palette, and the tiny block style alphabet stickers.

According to the company’s Facebook page, Authentique Paper is already shipping and hitting the shelves in some scrapbook stores, including Archiver’s locations and some local scrapbook stores.

, , ,

11 Responses to Margie Romney-Aslett Launches Authentique Paper

1. Aimee June 18, 2011 at 11:08 pm #

Oooh, I like this. ANd I like that the paper has that watercolor paper texture.

2. Renee J. June 19, 2011 at 1:07 am #

Nancy, thank you so much for sharing Margie’s new venture with us. I am certainly wishing her all the best!

Oh, and I love what I have seen from the Authenique Paper line sneak preview. I can’t wait to be able to play with it!

Thanks Scrapbook Update for always keeping us in touch!!

3. Gab June 19, 2011 at 5:26 am #

Can’t wait for the release!

4. Mary L June 19, 2011 at 8:47 am #

as soon as this is available I am on it! :-)

5. Tammy Davis June 19, 2011 at 10:10 am #

I want the ruler paper! Beautiful line!

6. Angela S. June 19, 2011 at 3:41 pm #

Thank you for the story Nancy! I’m so excited for Margie! While I like the Paper Loft line, it just seemed stale a bit. This new line that Margie is coming out with is fabulous! I’ve already seen it being used on other sites and I’m in love! Can’t wait to see it IRL!

7. S June 19, 2011 at 8:57 pm #

I think that maybe the previous commenter is confusing the “Paper Loft” product line with The Girls Loft kit club. I believe the former is unrelated to the the latter and to Margie. Maybe you could clarify, Nancy?

8. Cynthia June 20, 2011 at 10:11 am #

Wow! They look beautiful. And made in the USA. Can’t beat that!

9. Margie June 21, 2011 at 11:56 am #

Nancy and Scrapbook Update team!
    Thank you for the post about our new adventure in the paper-crafting world. I am excited to continue to do what i love…
    I am a scrapbooker and LOVE paper!
    kiss kiss
    m.

10. Deborah S. June 23, 2011 at 10:19 pm #

I just purchased the “Uncommon” line at Paradise Scrapbooking in Reno, Nevada, and love, love, love everything about it. The colors, pinks, cream, and grays are beautiful and the texture on the paper is also fun. The tiny alphabets are perfect. Can’t wait to work with them and wish that I had picked up the other two lines also! Oh well, road trip back to Reno in my future. I wish her all the best and have loved everything that she has done.

11. Mandie W. July 6, 2011 at 8:21 pm #

I just received my order of Uncommon from ScrapBookChicks.com and I am in LOVE!!!! I have already created a gorgeous picture frame with it and can’t wait to share photos on my blog… come check it out, will probably get up a post on Friday (need to let things dry still, LOL)