Video: Ebosser by Craftwell

Traditional die cut and embossing users got a sneak peek of a new machine at the CHA Winter 2011 show in Los Angeles recently. Craftwell, the makers of the eCraft electronic die cut machine, gave retailers a preview of a prototype of their new machine called the eBosser.

This upcoming machine,  which weighs just under 15 lbs, is an electronic embossing and die cut machine that accepts most other manufacturers’ traditional/thin dies and embossing folders. Users just need to select the right “sandwich” combination for their die, similar to other systems.  The eBosser can accept embossing folders up to 8 1/2 x 11 or A 4 size, and it can cut through materials up to 3mm thick – including thin leather. The machine is expected to make a formal debut at the CHA Summer 2011 show in Chicago, and is rumored to retail for under $200.

For a better look at the ebosser check out the video below.

, ,

16 Responses to Video: Ebosser by Craftwell

1. Maxine Hodges February 15, 2011 at 3:46 pm #

Wow, looks like a very interesting machine. Thanks, Betsy, for the great intoduction to this new product!

2. Mandie Wade February 15, 2011 at 3:53 pm #

This looks really cool! I can’t wait to hear more about it at Summer CHA!

3. Jennifer McIntyre February 15, 2011 at 3:57 pm #

If you use embossed images in your crafts – this machine can do it. Thanks for the how-to video, Betsy!

Jennifer McIntyre
    @atthebluebarn

4. Jan Scholl February 16, 2011 at 3:12 am #

I wish Craftwell the best but I for one will never buy another item from Craftwell. I am sitting with an ecraft that doesn’t do what the original videos showed. I haven’t even downloaded the software because so many say its useless and certainly am not going to purchase alternative software only to have the machine simply balk. I wanted my money back but was not offered such from the seller and it was too late for my credit card to take care of the fiasco. Yeah, I should have not believed the videos as they were set up for CHA almost 2 years ago. How can they come out with new things that are unproven when they haven’t fixed the original items?

5. Helen Moore February 16, 2011 at 9:43 am #

I am super excited about this new machine! Fully automatic, and uses other dies and folders out there already..thank you for allowing me to use what I already own!

Jan, I would suggest contact their customer service department. They have been extremely helpful from what I have heard from others’ experiences. I know they would want you to be able to use the machine, and they offer to walk people through step by step to get them going. If that isn’t successful, they will verify if the machine is defective and send out a new one.

Just a thought, but I would try to get my money’s worth one way or another! It is a great machine and it is too bad you are missing out.

But, I digress! Thank you for the video, Betsy!

-Helen

6. Marissa February 16, 2011 at 11:08 am #

That seems really loud to me. I think it’s a good idea, but I don’t see 8.5″ x 11″ embossing folders out there. So you’d have to invest in a bunch of new folders to make it really worthwhile.

7. Betsy Burnett February 16, 2011 at 11:13 am #

Marissa, I asked about that too (the noise) The machine was a prototype and the actual machine will be a lot quieter.

8. Lisa Williams February 16, 2011 at 5:22 pm #

Thanks for the video! I’ve never seen a machine like that before…..looking forward to hearing more about it this summer!

9. Lesa Livingston February 17, 2011 at 1:29 am #

Thank you, Betsy, for showing the new embossing machine. Just the other day, as I was running 12 little card faces through my Big Kick, embossing with Fiskars Texture plates, I was thinking why hadn’t anyone come up with an 8.5 x 11 plate and machine?
    Like everyone else, I’m sure, I’ll be considering the cost of a new system vs my time. I do appreciate the info.

10. Julie February 17, 2011 at 12:08 pm #

Lesa, just thought I’d mention that Sizzix does have a manual machine, the Big Shot Pro http://www.sizzix.com/product/1711 , which can handle up to 12 x 12. It’s more expensive than the eBosser, but I will say that, when weighing the pros and cons of any machine, one advantage to a manual machine, is that there are no electronics that could break down or require trouble-shooting or subsequent repair. That’s just my personal opinion, of course. I do own a Making Memories Slice, a Silhouette SD (haven’t tried it out yet), and a Big Shot (the original, not the Pro). Anyway, HTH!

11. Merlene February 17, 2011 at 7:12 pm #

Thanks Betsy. It’s certainly something that I’m going to lthink about when it’s released. I love the idea of being able to emboss 8 1/2 X 11 paper.

12. Pam February 21, 2011 at 12:11 pm #

I have the bug and the Big Shot so cant see buying this.Would have to buy the folders and since they would be the only company selling that size I would bet the cost would be high.Nope think I will stick with what I have until the next big thing comes around…it always does.

13. CindyC July 11, 2011 at 1:49 am #

I will wait until I see how well it does but as to the size of the embossing folders don’t forget everyone that you can make your own folders with your cutters! There are tons of other things you can use to emboss with too. Stencils, hardware cloth, screen, punchies, etc.
    I am hopeful this machine works as expected because I want one if it does.

14. Cheri Goldsmith January 28, 2012 at 11:00 pm #

So guess I shouldn’t get excited about this ebosser this year then? 2012?

15. Cheryl June 27, 2012 at 6:55 pm #

I can’t wait for this to come out for sale. It’s driving me CRAZY , I WANT… I NEED… I WILL OWN my very own eBosser by Craftwell . Come out come out come out and play with me I am so ready! I am so excited about this product!!!!!

• Gayle January 29, 2013 at 4:19 pm #

Hi Cheryl – did you purchase an EBosser? If so, please do tell me how it’s going. If not, why, as you were so passionate about it. Good luck with crafting. Gayle