Kaisercraft Feels Effects of Australian Floods

Leading Australian manufacturer Kaisercraft is feeling the effects of the massive floods that are currently devastating the state of Queensland.

Although the company’s offices are based in Victoria, they have two factory outlet stores in Queensland areas that are affected by flooding. Kaisercraft’s outlet stores do not sell current product lines. Instead the outlets sell outdated product stock, samples, and seconds. Proceeds from the sales of the samples and seconds go to support children’s charities overseas, including kindergartens in Fiji and children’s homes in Sri Lanka and the Phillipines.

One of the Queensland outlets is located in Toowoomba, the town that had an “inland tsunami” go through it, flooding the whole town of 130,000 people in only a matter of minutes. Kaisercraft’s media representative, Alison Wood, tells Scrapbook Update that the store in Toowoomba is closed because the whole town is flooded and she reports that unfortunately the outlet has water trickling in the door.

Kaisercraft’s other Queensland outlet is in Browns Plain. That outlet is also currently closed, according to Wood, because closed roads are making the store inaccessible to staff.

The company hopes to reopen the outlet stores sometime next week, depending on the safety of local road conditionss.

Each of the outlet stores has four staff members. Wood told Scrapbook Update that unfortunately at least some of their staff members have experienced varying amounts of personal property damage in the flooding.

Kaisercraft will be exhibiting at the Craft & Hobby Association show in Los Angeles at the end of the month in booth #3014. Sneak peeks have not yet been shown of the company’s new products.

10 Responses to Kaisercraft Feels Effects of Australian Floods

1. kylie smith January 12, 2011 at 7:20 pm #

thank you so much for your news updates on our Brisbane floods. The water is subsiding today (Thursday 13 Jan); people stil don’t have power or access to their homes to check the damage; but now we are facing threats of airborne diseases and plumbing problems dismantling the intergrity of our water systems.

Things are better but we still have a long way to go. Please pray for us all in Queensland through these tough, dark days.

2. Renee J. January 13, 2011 at 1:29 am #

‘Sending our thoughts and prayers to all of those affected by the flooding in Australia. ‘Thinking of Kaisercraft and my friends who also live there.

3. Lyneen January 13, 2011 at 8:14 am #

Every time I see pictures of the devastation I can’t believe my eyes. Prayers for the people of Queensland!

4. stumpedagain January 13, 2011 at 8:19 am #

Great update, Nancy. My thoughts go out to them — water is insidious. No stopping Mother Nature. Just hope they escape with minimal damage, good health, and safety.

5. Nancy January 13, 2011 at 10:34 am #

My thoughts and prayers are with all the families that have suffered any kind of loss from the floods.

Nancy

6. Vicki January 13, 2011 at 1:08 pm #

My heart goes out to the Kaisercraft family and all effected by this horrible disaster.

7. Melanie January 13, 2011 at 1:16 pm #

My heart goes out to all the flood victims in the various cities effected in Australia. Thanks for sharing this information with us. Prayers are being said for everyone.

8. Brenda Jones January 13, 2011 at 6:25 pm #

Wow, I haven’t even heard about the devastating flooding in going on in Australia! All we’re hearing here in Atlanta area is one “story” after another about all the massive snow and icey roads that we already know we have. All I gotta do is look outside. Hello, Duh! LOL Thanks for keeping us informed, Nancy.

9. Natalie M. January 14, 2011 at 1:09 am #

I am so sorry that the people of Queensland have to go through this, how scary! Adding them all to prayers tonight. I had no idea this was going on either. Be careful out there and stay safe!

10. Gab January 14, 2011 at 5:37 am #

Nancy thank you so much for posting this … because we in Australia are so isolated I sometimes wonder if the rest of the world knows what’s happening here. I’m not a Queenslander but would be proud to call myself one – people’s response to this disaster has just been amazing. Strangers helping strangers in their time of need