A Personal Note From Nancy

Today I did the hardest thing I have done in my entire life.

I kissed my husband Mike goodbye, and then sat in a courtroom and watched (trying not to let the tears show to be strong for him) while he plead no contest to two felonies related to a car accident in June 2010. Then I watched as he was handcuffed and taken into custody to begin serving a 40 month prison sentence.

If things go as well as you can hope in a situation like this, he will be home with his family again in late-2013 with credit for good behavior.

Today’s court proceedings were the result of a plea arrangement to deal with six felony charges Mike faced as the result of a car accident he was in last June 14th involving three bicyclists. He was arrested a short distance away from the accident for leaving the scene, unaware of what had happened because he doesn’t remember the accident (he was alone in the car at the time). DUI charges were added to the case six weeks later when the blood alcohol test came back over the limit, which we hadn’t expected.

The three victims in the case are all recovered/recovering from their injuries and have been compensated for their medical bills, lost wages, expenses, and trauma by our insurance company in a massive settlement.

Medical evaluations after the accident determined Mike has an extremely severe, potentially life-threatening, case of sleep apnea (remember Reggie White?) that was previously undiagnosed. Mike has an extreme phobia of doctors, who he believes caused the death of our son and caused me permanent injury in the process, and so he hadn’t seen one regularly in over 10 years. Several doctors have expressed the belief that based on his medical condition, Mike was “sleep driving” at the time of the accident. This is frighteningly common in sleep apnea cases as severe as his, and explains his lack of memory of the time around the accident (since his blood alcohol content was nowhere near high enough to cause a blackout).

Unfortunately, I didn’t find out until after the accident that Mike had been secretly using alcohol on and off for several years to self-medicate a debilitating undiagnosed anxiety disorder that was being aggravated by his employment situation. Although I knew he was extremely stressed (and had pushed him to seek medical help for it because he had a history of suicidal depression), he worked very hard to hide from me the extent of his distress and his misguided attempt to manage it. He thought he was protecting me, he says now, by not telling me. He was, essentially, virtually non-functional from anxiety and desperately trying to hide that fact from me. In fact, the accident actually happened because he experienced a complete mental breakdown that day from anxiety and fled his office in a panic and was driving around aimlessly in a state of mental crisis trying to decide what to do (he was not drinking behind the wheel). During that period he apparently started sleep driving and that is when the accident took place.

Immediately after the accident, Mike was evaluated for rehab and entered the recommended outpatient therapy program for alcohol abuse (not addiction or dependence – his therapist has stressed repeatedly there is a difference although much of the treatment is the same). He also began receiving medical treatment for the first time in over a decade. I’m proud to say that he has done wonderfully in the rehab therapy program that was recommended for him, and that his medical condition is now stable with treatment after being in a very scary state initially.

I haven’t discussed this publicly until now partly on the advice of our attorneys, and partly because I really didn’t know how to explain it based on what I was able to make public about the case (due to the ongoing legal proceedings) without making Mike sound like a terrible person. Which he isn’t – he’s simply a fragile human being who imploded under terrible pressures that he was not equipped to handle because of his undiagnosed anxiety disorder, sleep apnea (which caused him to be living in a constant state of sleep deprivation without realizing it) and some other issues.

I’ve been with Mike since I was 18, when we met as residents of the same floor in our college dorm. It was love at first sight – literally like one of those struck-by-lightning moments you see in a movie – and we’ve been together now over 20 years. We celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary last April. We’ve faced some serious challenges in our life together. I’ve been sick since the day we met with auto-immune issues that were finally correctly diagnosed as lupus a few years ago. We lost our first child, our son Parker, to stillbirth. Our beautiful 7 year old daughter, Bridget, is autistic. Mike has put a lot of pressure on himself to take care of me, and to take care of Bridget,  through all of these challenges, because he loves us. He took on an impossible burden and tried to carry it by himself. He couldn’t do the impossible, and so he collapsed under the weight of that burden.

It’s now my turn to do the near-impossible: hold our family together while Mike is incarcerated. Why am I bothering to even try, when most women would probably just walk away and start their lives over instead of waiting and putting themselves through this trauma? It’s simple. I love my husband. He may be flawed, but he is also an amazing husband and a wonderful man. He loves me and our daughter with his very soul. He’s a devoted father. It breaks his heart that he will be away from our daughter for so long and not part of her day-to-day life. He has amazing talents with cameras and computers, and no one can make me laugh like he can. I could go on and on…how do I explain the million things that make him my soulmate, a part of me?

Yes, he screwed up, and the whole family is paying the price…but I am not throwing away 20 years with my soulmate…and the potential for 40 more…over this. He’s stood by me through some awful things, and now it is my turn to be there for him.

It’s going to be beyond challenging. I know that. But anything valuable is worth fighting for.

Why am I telling you all of this? I’m sure many people have noticed that something has been wrong – things have been unusually quiet on Scrapbook Update since the summer, my post-CHA Summer editorial plans were postponed indefinitely, and I’ve mentioned repeatedly on Roundtable and on Twitter that I had a family problem. I felt that I owed my friends and loyal readers an explanation of what has been happening. Plus, I hate keeping up pretense, and there is no way I could hide something like this for several years anyway, especially in a community as personal as scrapbooking.

And now, I have to look forward. My life is essentially starting over. It’s not a start that I want to be making. But I’m committed to the path that I am on – to try to keep my family together through this – and I have to make the most of it. Scrapbook Update is going to be a big part of that path. It has to be, because I have to support myself and my daughter now.

I’d like to thank everyone who has offered me their support during this extremely difficult time for my family without even knowing what I was dealing with, and thank all those who have respected my family’s privacy as we have dealt with unimaginable stresses the past few months. I’ve always known I had some wonderful friends in this community, but until now I never knew how wonderful. Many thanks also to the readers who joined in the voting for the tag feud…that project was some of the most wonderful time we spent together in Mike’s last month at home, and it was very therapeutic for both of us.

To those who did know what I was going through – I’d like to thank my friends for your incredible loving support. I wouldn’t have made it this far without you. This goes especially for the ones (you know who you are) who have been the recipients of countless tearful texts, phone calls and IMs in the past few months. Thanks for the shoulders to cry on. I’m glad they are there because I’m going to need them for awhile I think.

All I can say, finally, is…don’t drink and drive. It will destroy not only your life but the life of everyone you love.

[Please understand that due to the circumstances, comment moderation is turned on temporarily on Scrapbook Update. Comments must be approved by a moderator before they will be publicly visible.]

372 Responses to A Personal Note From Nancy

1. Lynnette January 11, 2011 at 12:52 pm #

Nancy,

You are such a wonderful role model for your daughter and for all your listeners (PRT) and readers (SU). I have had you on my mind, wondering what family difficulties you were going through – thank you for sharing the whole difficult story and for being so strong. Know that your scrapbook community does support you and will be thinking and praying for you. Someday this bump in the road of life will be behind you and your family and you will all be stronger from it.

2. Amanda S January 11, 2011 at 7:43 pm #

{{HUGS}} Nancy. I applaud you for doing what it takes to hold your family together. You are in my prayers.

3. Carla Sylvester January 11, 2011 at 9:44 pm #

Nancy, lots of hugs to you now and throughout the times ahead. I’m just one more person who’s pulling for you!

4. lisa, too January 11, 2011 at 11:48 pm #

I’m glad that you are holding it together and want to continue on as a family. So many people don’t understand that a mistake doesn’t alter the person, necessarily… that the person can be a good person, just with a slight misconception in judgment. And we all learn from it. Take care of you, your daughter, and your husband. He will need all of your support to get through the following months. You are a wonderful person, mother, and wife. Stay strong!

5. Sandi Smith January 12, 2011 at 4:33 am #

Nancy…I don’t know you well but read your website and posted my picks for the Christmas tags. I am terribly sorry to hear what you and Mike and your daughter have been going thru and continue to go thru. Drinking and driving is a serious issue but so is anxiety and sleep apnea. I have a rare form of sleep apnea, which I likely had for many years but was just diagnosed a year ago. Mike’s situation could have been mine even though I do not drink but because I take perscribed meds that make me drowsy.

I respect that Mike too responsibility for his actions even though it will take him away from his family for a long period of time. I respect you for standing with him during this. Walking away is the easy thing to do. I will be praying for all of you and thank you for being so honest in sharing your story. You have a lot of courage so hold onto that during the months ahead.
    Blessings to you all.
    Sandi

6. Robyn Phelan Sharp January 12, 2011 at 8:22 am #

Thoughts and prayers to your family as you heal and keep moving forward. May the strength of your friends and family hold you up during these troubling times.

7. Heather Clements January 12, 2011 at 1:02 pm #

Nancy -
    Just heard the last roundtable and had to stop by “update” to tell you that my heart and prayers go out to you and your family at this difficult time. I admire your candor and that you are standing by your husband, who while he made some bad decisions, needs help and needs his family standing with him. I so enjoy listening to you on Scrapbook Update — I love your upbeat voices and funny comments you make through the shows. I pray that this sense of humor and upbeat attitude will help carry you throught the next few years. Stay strong!

8. Mary M. January 12, 2011 at 3:16 pm #

Thoughts and prayers go out to your family and the individuals injured in the accident. Misjudgements and accidents can happen to anyone. Fear of judgement and abandonment by friends and family can be so crippling. Acknowledging the problem and then seeking help is a very important step in healing.
    I wish your family the best of luck as you move forward in what appears to be a very loving and happy family life.

9. Trisha January 12, 2011 at 3:26 pm #

Nancy, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry for what you are going through. Please know that you are loved and cared by many people. I am a PRT listener and always enjoy your part in it. Hang in there, Nancy.

10. Jodee January 12, 2011 at 3:29 pm #

Nancy, so sorry to hear about all of this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I’m sure you will pull through and all of you will be stonger because of this situation. Don’t be afraid to come to us, your community of friends, for support. We are all here for you!

11. Leslie January 12, 2011 at 3:37 pm #

Nancy – I was just listening to the Roundtable and then came here to read your story. I am so sorry for what your family is going through. I just want to add my best wishes and hugs and prayers to all the others you have received so far. I wish I lived close to you so I could offer any support I could provide but I will keep you in my prayers. I love listening to the roundtable! You add a wonderful voice to the show as “one of us” regular scrappers! Keep smiling and feel all the hugs coming your way!

12. Barbara January 12, 2011 at 4:41 pm #

Oh, Nancy, my heart is aching for you…. I just began listening to this week’s Roundtable, heard what you said, and came here to offer my insignificant little piece of encouragement. You are such a strong woman; I don’t know you other than the Roundtable, but what I heard was a very strong, deep, and incredible person with a lot on her plate. I admire you for standing up to this challenge so bravely.
    My husband was just diagnosed with sleep apnea two months ago, after spending the last few years of his life trying to find out why he was so depressed, had a barely functioning memory, and little to no energy. It’s been an extremely rough road.
    My hope is that you both will come out of this stronger personally and strengthened in your marriage, not wasting the painful times, but growing and learning from them.
    God bless.

13. Lori January 12, 2011 at 8:28 pm #

Nancy, you are very courageous and strong! You are a great role model for women in our society today–these days the messages you see everywhere encourage one to give-up when things get hard. I really admire your dedication to your husband and to your family. You are all in my prayers.

14. angie January 13, 2011 at 12:13 am #

God speed and prayers for you and your family.

15. kate blue January 13, 2011 at 1:11 am #

am new to the site and just wanted to say that you are brave to reveal something so painful for you and your family and other parties involved. And yes, we are all human and very fragile sometimes to to the curveballs that this thing called LIFE throws at us; some of us are more fragile on the inside than we know until a stone gets thrown in our path…I think part of the healing process for all comes from acknowledging the problems…my brother was killed by a drunk driver over 25 years ago and It tore my family apart mainly because the driver himself never acknowledged US, the victims in the whole process-not before, during or even after…thank goodness your husband did that! So remember to take each day at a time; there will trying times ahead for sure. There are times when folks deserve 2nd chances and you’re making decisions that are based on what’s best for you and your family…Good luck! Remember scrapbooking, writing or crafting can be very therapeutic during stressful times :)

16. JennV January 13, 2011 at 1:49 am #

Nancy–

This is truly a story that shows true love! I am amazed at both of your commitment and love for each other after 20 years. Wow. My heart goes out to you and your family.

You are wonderful on round table, always cheerful and laughing. I love that you co-host that show. I will be praying for you!!!!

17. NIna January 13, 2011 at 7:53 am #

Such sad news…..stay strong, stay busy, this too will pass. Your daughter has such a strong and positive role model in you, you are molding a good woman by your example.

18. Patty January 13, 2011 at 9:19 am #

I am so sorry to read of your husband going to prison. In my opinion that sentence is very severe, its either that or here in NY our laws are not strong enough. A drunk driver hit and killed my friend and his brother two years ago and he will be doing a mere 6 months in jail. I just don’t get how our system works. I hope that the days go by fast, your struggles are not to tough. There is no better community of support then this scrapbooking community. So sorry once again.

19. Veronica Tingvall January 13, 2011 at 9:31 am #

Sending you and Bridget and Mike lots and lots of love, prayers and support from Sweden! Hang in there!

20. Kim January 13, 2011 at 10:50 am #

Nancy,

I’ve been a PRT listener since the beginning, and I’m also a SU reader. Of course I don’t know you personally, nor do you know me. I just want to say I’m sorry for what you and your family have gone through and will go through in the future. After reading your story, I understand your love for Mike – your story was like a love letter to him. I will keep you both and Bridget in my thoughts and prayers and sincerely hope you all come out stronger together on the other side of all of this.

21. Nicole Norman January 13, 2011 at 12:25 pm #

Nancy,

I came over and read this after hearing this week’s PRT. I saw this photo/quote online today, and it made me think of you. Hope it lifts you up today!! Oh, and after you look at the photo, get off pinterest immediately…it is so addicting!! =)

Nicole

22. Becky H January 13, 2011 at 2:39 pm #

Nancy,
    I applaude you for coming out with this publicly and standing by your man. My man stood by me 4 years ago when I was charged with embezzlemnt. I did not have to do jail time but paid back all restitution and was put on 10 years pabation. As a person with a Felony and who chould have been in your husbands shoes I am proud of you. You will not know how much it means to him to have you stand by him untill this is over and you rebuild together. I have listened to every PRT episode and I knew something was going on and I am sorry it is this. Stand stong and carry on and you will have personal and spiritual growth from this to. You are an amazing woman and have an amazing daughter and husband. You will stay in my thoughts.

23. BARB T January 13, 2011 at 4:57 pm #

My heart goes out to you at this very stressful and sad time for you and your family. I feel you are a strong and beautiful person, and that with the support of your family and friends you will get through this. I pray that God will comfort and guide you. I wish you strength and hope.

24. Sherry January 13, 2011 at 5:50 pm #

Dear Nancy,
    My thoughts are with you & your family. Thank you for sharing such personal and sad news with your readers and Paperclipping listeners. I’m sure your husband realizes what a special person you are.

25. Debra E January 13, 2011 at 6:42 pm #

I really don’t know what to say, but I want you to know I wish you and your family well. God be with you.

26. Caren Smith January 13, 2011 at 9:26 pm #

I’m so sorry for everyone involved. I can only imagine the anguish you and your husband must feel. What a horrible way to learn a lesson. Hopefully, many will read your post and will take something they learned away from it.

27. Lucie Hale January 14, 2011 at 7:53 am #

Nancy, I join all the others, though a bit late, in sending you, Mike and Bridget all my support. I have been a faithful listener of PRT and I can honestly say, that you have made a major impact in my life. So I am deeply saddened by your news. But I also sense a deep resilience in you that will get you all through this. I’m so proud of you for standing by such a wonderful man. I know you and Bridget will miss his presence deeply but we all stand with you so you know you are not alone! Thank you for trusting us enough to share your soul–that is commendable also. You are right in that we are a close community, and though I do not know you personally, you are a part of my life through PRT and SU and I will be praying for all of you through this season of your life.

28. linda January 14, 2011 at 8:12 am #

Hi Nancy -

I’m also a roundtable listener and just found out about this … I am truly sorry for you and your family – I cannot think to be able to imagine what it all feels like. But I do hope you know that there are those of us who care and wish you well and will be around to support you. Life is strange and sometimes stuff just happens – you can’t control it. But we all get through it… hang in there and take care. Scrapbook and journal it out :)

linda

29. Lucie Hale January 14, 2011 at 8:25 am #

Oh Nancy, I forgot in my last comment to remind you of the “pic” that Stacy Julian had a few weeks ago, which you might find kind of helpful during this time of your life: Ohlife.com

I know you will go through some very bad days, when you may not want to talk to any of us, so this might be your way of journaling this experience and I believe, it will help you greatly.
    Hugs!

30. Amy January 14, 2011 at 12:51 pm #

As someone who has stood by her husband and soulmate after he made a mistake, I applaud you for your strength during such a difficult time for your family. I appreciate your willingness to open up to your readers about the situation. I’ll be keeping all three of you in my thoughts and prayers. You are amazing wife, mother and person!

31. Kristina Lundin January 14, 2011 at 3:23 pm #

This is one of the most touching love stories I have ever read! You are so lucky to have each other, the two of you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

32. Morty January 15, 2011 at 3:29 am #

I think you are one brave lady for making this very traumatic time public. Maybe by doing so, someone else might be helped. I’m sure you will cope for your daughter’s sake – it’s amazing just how strong we can be when we have to. But remember to lean on your friends and family when you need to. My best wishes to you all.

33. Melissa January 15, 2011 at 11:44 am #

Nancy,

I just heard about your situation. I am sorry that you have to go through this but I support your efforts and commitment. This is a tragedy but one that can perhaps make you stronger than you knew you were. I am learning from your story. Thank you for sharing. Peace be with you.

34. Sara G. January 15, 2011 at 3:04 pm #

You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts. I really admire strong women, and you are one. Here is a quote from another strong woman, Elizabeth Edwards: “Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it’s less good than the one you had before. You can fight it, you can do nothing but scream about what you’ve lost, or you can accept that and try to put together something that’s good.”

35. Cynthia H January 15, 2011 at 7:54 pm #

Wow, Nancy. I have been thinking of you since it was mentioned on PRT that you have been going through a tough time and also because you have talked about really needing art journaling right now, but I had no idea how much you in fact had on your plate. My thoughts are with all of you as you move forward in this crazy journey we call life. Thank you for sharing your very personal story so that we can all help hold you up.

36. KikiK January 16, 2011 at 9:15 am #

I heard about this at the roundtable and came to read all about it….
    what can I say? just wishing you strenght…all good things come to those who believe and wait…

37. Jacquie January 16, 2011 at 12:20 pm #

God bless you and be with during these trying times. Please know that there are so many of us out here who support you, and are here to help in any way that we can.

38. M. Hickling January 16, 2011 at 1:23 pm #

Thank you, Nancy, for the gift of your honesty.

39. Diane S. January 16, 2011 at 2:11 pm #

Nancy
    I just now read this update-I have been behind in reading my emails etc-I don’t know you personally but I read the update pretty regularly and also voted on your Christmas tags too!! Little did we know what you and Mike were going through! God bless you and Mike and your daughter-may the comfort and strength that only the Holy Spirit provide be with Mike and you and may your love that transcends time and space hold your hearts steady as you begin this time in your marriage and life. I know that all things work for the good of those who believe and have faith in the good Lord’s plan for us, but I know we mostly don’t understand and say WHY???? Someday we will know and you will realize the good that will come from this awful situation. Please let your husband know that he and you and your daughter will be in my daily prayers. Diane

40. Korie B. January 16, 2011 at 6:13 pm #

Oh Nancy! I am so terribly sorry to hear about your troubles. I’ve been an avid Paperclipping listener (even back when it was Paperclipping Newsbreak). Your laugh is as familiar to me as that of an old friend. And I am sad to learn that my “friend” is hurting.

Please take care of yourself and your adorable daughter and know that there is a huge web community rooting for the Nallys.

XOXO

41. Mary F January 17, 2011 at 5:57 am #

Wow, I finally was able to read this… THANK YOU for sharing your story. I believe my husband has sleep apnea. I finally got him to agree to go but only if I would be tested as well. I’ve been puttting it off and after reading your story I will be calling this week to get us both tested. In the past I too dealt with anxiety so I can imagine the things running through your husband’s mind. I felt like your story was a little like ours and I feel for both of you. It won’t be fun for either of you but in today’s world where people get divorced and don’t work through things I give kudos to those who do the brave thing and deal with the situations that come and learn from them. It takes courage to do what both of you are doing. I had loved voting for your tag duel and now reading what I just read am glad you two had that special time togeather. Thanks again for your honesty and bravery-

42. Susan M January 17, 2011 at 9:54 am #

Dear Nancy,
    I am a PRT listening, and I want you to know that I’m thinking of you and praying for you and your family. Take care, and thank you for sharing with us. You obviously are very courageous and strong, please remember that during this very difficult time.

43. Paulette January 17, 2011 at 12:46 pm #

Bless your sweet heart! I will be praying for strength for you and your daughter as you live your everyday lives without your hubby, and for your hubby as he adjusts to life without you as well. God promises to give us strength during difficult times if we’ll rely and depend on Him, and I know He can carry you through this struggle! Take lots of pictures of your daughter while Dad is gone, and cherish every moment that you do get to talk to or see your hubby! God bless you!!!

44. Vicki January 17, 2011 at 2:19 pm #

I’m behind on everything so far this month and just listened to the PRT from last week. My DH is a criminal defense attorney and through his work I have come to know several of his clients on a more personal level. I know that sometimes bad things happen to good people – wrong place, wrong time, wrong circumstances. I also know that sometimes our justice system is completely out of whack and that people can’t possibly understand the impact of that issue until a loved one gets caught up in the process. You are both stronger than you think you are and you’ll come through this experience wiser and closer. You’ve got lots of people who have come to know a small part of you, Nancy; and like those who have posted before me, I want to repay your generosity of spirit in any way possible – including just listening. So blog away, young lady … we’re here!

45. Leonie-Australia January 17, 2011 at 10:53 pm #

One day at a time Nancy, hoping you can stay strong. Best wishes.

46. Susie Moore January 17, 2011 at 11:59 pm #

You are such an inspiration. For better and worse, through sickness and health…what an example you are to so many. I pray that the time passes quickly and that you will gain not only strength for you, but for your precious daughter as well.

47. daniela January 18, 2011 at 12:51 pm #

Hey Nancy I was just complaining about all the things I did not achieve in life and how unhappy I was. I lost a child a week before due date about 6 months ago and I’m still recovering….Then I put on paperclip roundtable and heard about your story. And here I am reading your sad stories and being amazed at how well you seem to deal with everything that happened in your life. Thanks for sharing. I think now is the time you’ve had enough bad things happen to you, now you can look forward and say I deserve better, I’ve paid my share of unhappiness, nothing bad can happen anymore ! so trust yourself, trust your family, trust life and go on ;) wishing you the best for years to come.
    Daniela

48. TERRI WRIGHT January 18, 2011 at 10:58 pm #

You and your family are in my prayers. We all make mistakes. God is a wonderful God and he has grace for us all. Take care
    Terri

49. Angela January 19, 2011 at 10:43 am #

Nancy,
    I just got done reading your story… I’m WAY behind on my PRTs on my iPod… But I am sitting here with tears rolling down on my face.
    Want to know something? I envy you. Yep! Not what you are going through, but that you have a soul mate that is committed to you and you are committed to him.
    This past August, my husband of 17 years (but we have been together almost 20), whom I thought was my best friend, took me to a romantic dinner at my favorite restaurant to tell me he has met his soul mate and I am not her, at which point he flashes out his iPhone to show me her picture. What a piece of work, huh?
    We have 3 boys ages 15 to 10 and he just moved out one weekend saying that his need to be happy is more important than anything else in the world.
    While I don’t want you to go through this for ANYTHING in the world, by any means. You and Mike are a unit. And from the past year or so that I’ve listened to you on PRT and read your articles here on SU, when you mention Mike, there is a glow that just comes through, whether it is the computer or my iPod.
    You and Mike love each other so much and it shows.
    The next months will not be easy as you will be flying solo at home with Bridget, but you are strong Nancy. You truly are. It shows in your voice, but also know that you CAN be weak when you want to. It is our right… just don’t wallow in it. :-)
    I think of you as a ‘rock star’ in my world. You, Nicole and Stacy Julian are my ‘heroes’. I wanna be just like you all when I grow up!
    Love and hugs, Angela

50. Allyson January 19, 2011 at 12:06 pm #

Nancy

I’m a weekly PRT listener. Thanks for your honesty in sharing this. Though I, like I’m sure many others, have been concerned for you over these past months as you mentioned going through some hard times, you had no obligation to tell us. You owe us nothing. And thanks for sticking to your commitment with Mike – that’s what real love is all about – keeping our commitment to love through good and bad. It won’t be easy – true love never is.
    May you and Mike and Bridgett know God’s embrace during these months of separation and know the depths of His love can bring you through.

Peace