Family Tag Feud: Day 9

Day 8′s vote so far officially leaves the battle tied at 4 each…so every vote counts! The trash talk here has escalated to distraction tactics (honey, it’s your turn to read the bedtime story tonight…I’ll just be here tagging). Yes, it’s take-no-prisoners.

Please note that we will be taking Saturday and Sunday off from the feud, but we’ll be back to start posting the last few tags starting on Monday!

So, here’s the Day 9 tags…

Tag #1:

The use of the stamping and Rock Candy on the bird die cut was inspired by Tim Holtz’s Day #3 tag.

Supplies:

#8 White Tag
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot, Tea Dye, Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass, Frayed Burlap, and Fired Brick
Ranger Mini Mister
Tim Holtz Alterations for Sizzix Die (Caged Bird)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Grunge Paper
Stampendous “Music Score” wood-mounted rubber stamp
Ranger Stickles Glitter Glue (Frosted Lace)
Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber (Snow White)
K & Company Rub-Ons (Susan Winget Glad Tidings)
Hampton Art Wood Mounted Rubber Stamp (Twas The Night Background)
Making Memories Alphabet Stickers (Cheeky Shimmer)
Tim Holtz Distress Stickles (Rock Candy)

Tag #2:

Supplies:

Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Aged Mahogany, Tattered Rose, Faded Jeans, Worn Lipstick and Antique Linen
Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink
Stampin’ Up! Winter White Embossing Powder
Stampin’ Stuff Jeweled Gold Embossing Powder
Prima Marketing Mulberry Paper Flowers
Brad (unknown)
Recollections Adhesive Rhinestones
Buttons (unknown)
Martha Stewart Crafts baker’s twine
Bells (unknown)
Recollections Clear Stamps (Christmas Collage)
Stampin Up! Stamp Set (Snowflake)
Northwoods Rubber Stamp (CC7746 Snowflake)
K & Company Brenda Walton Santa Grand Adhesions
K & Company Brenda Walton Evergreen Icon Adhesive Chip Board
Ranger Stickles in Diamond
Tim Holtz Distress Stickles in Worn Lipstick

So…it’s time to break the tie…

[poll id="11"]

Disclosure

30 Responses to Family Tag Feud: Day 9

1. Renee J. December 10, 2010 at 11:25 pm #

Beautiful tags! That’s the spirit! Have a great weekend!

2. Linda H December 11, 2010 at 12:47 am #

Another tough choice

3. Lyneen December 11, 2010 at 3:12 am #

It is truly hard to choose each day!

4. LINDA F.J. December 11, 2010 at 3:21 am #

Loved both tags but the bird on tag one got me. Very nice guys.

5. Barb in Ak December 11, 2010 at 5:19 am #

#1 really looks hard to replicate! But I voted for it ’cause I love red birds.

6. Lezlee December 11, 2010 at 6:24 am #

And today I’m afraid I give up voting – both equally beautiful! Absolutely can – not decide. Sorry! For your DH – pretty impressive for just starting out! WOW!

7. LindaBabe December 11, 2010 at 6:30 am #

That was the worst dilemma of all of them. They are both lovely. In the end, I chose the red bird one because we have cardinals at our feeder.

8. Cindy Gibson December 11, 2010 at 6:35 am #

another great set of tags. Enjoy your weekend off!

9. Izzy December 11, 2010 at 8:12 am #

Both so pretty! I love the simplicity of the first one, love the flower and the peppermint candies on the second. So hard to choose! This is the first time I have had to flip a coin because I honestly could not decide! Have a great weekend!

10. Carol Schremmer December 11, 2010 at 9:50 am #

Both tags were very nice, but I had to choose #1 because it captured them spirit of the season best.

11. tape December 11, 2010 at 9:57 am #

How exciting!

12. JillT December 11, 2010 at 10:14 am #

This was 100% personal preference of the bird vs the candies. As far as quality, technique, and beauty–an absolute tie. I’m amazed at the rookie and hope you’ll give us the back story on previous artistic venues. (and if there are none, I will be more disappointed in my own creativity!!! :) So very impressed with this project. Thanks for sharing

13. flowerdisco December 11, 2010 at 10:15 am #

went w/ #1…but #2 was very very close.

I get so caught up here I forget to go to Tim’s site and see his, lol oh my!

14. Candy December 11, 2010 at 10:29 am #

I’d like to know if your skills or ideas improved with this rather intensive experience. Personally ‘tags’ don’t do it for me, but I think making rectangular versions that can be used as the front to cards, would really be nice to have on hand. When life calms down I may try this myself. I over promised this holiday season..silly me…but it’s been great fun visiting your blog…although I would visit anyway. Merry Christmas and thanks!

15. Angela December 11, 2010 at 11:47 am #

Very hard to decide. I can honestly say that alll the tags a great. I hope you get to document this friendly (?) competition.

16. Lisa Williams December 11, 2010 at 12:12 pm #

This has been so much fun! I went with tag 1 today…..I’m a sucker for cute animals, I guess! LOVED the bird! Really liked that it had “The night before Christmas” stamped on it!!!

17. Teri December 11, 2010 at 1:18 pm #

Hard decision, I really couldn’t pick but went with 2, liked the colors and texture.

18. kathleen.summers December 11, 2010 at 1:38 pm #

Wow, this is the closest one for me. I love BOTH of them a LOT!! I don’t know which one to pick!!! You guys are both doing an amazing job.

19. Debbie P December 11, 2010 at 1:57 pm #

This is my first vote after hearing about the family feud. Wow, between these two it was a hard decision. I am so impressed that your hubby actual made one of these. You are both very talented!

20. Judy Cartwright December 11, 2010 at 2:25 pm #

This one was a tough choice……..I loved both of them!! :)

21. kathy s December 11, 2010 at 6:24 pm #

Loved tag 2 but tag 1 was ok too-just like the softness and sparkle of tag 2

22. Brenda Jones December 11, 2010 at 8:20 pm #

Both are beautiful, however, the Bird Lover/Watcher in me just had to vote for #1. I couldn’t resist. Ya’ll are doing great, inspiring work.

23. Judy L Dickerson December 12, 2010 at 1:19 am #

tough choice but the cardinal spoke to me ..love to see them sitting in a tree covered with snow ..but you guys are really good..

24. Claire December 12, 2010 at 5:16 am #

Oops – loved tag 2 the most (the colours are wonderful), but hit tag1 vote. Oh well, these are BOTH stunning!

25. Gab December 12, 2010 at 6:54 am #

Another tough choice. I voted for #2 as I just love all the embossing and glitter. I can’t wait to find out who made each one at the end! So cool that it’s 4 all at this stage!

26. Tina V December 12, 2010 at 9:45 am #

It was a touch choice, they are both wonderful.

27. Donna C December 13, 2010 at 11:38 am #

ok, this has been so fun! i have to admit, I love the first one the most but the reference to “inspired by tim holtz” is most likely not your dear hubby…..so i kinda figured #1 one was miss nancy. But, i love the underdog so i voted for #2 (even though i secretly love #1 as my favorite tag of the “tag-off”)!
    thanks so much for doing this and sharing with us. i bet it has been an absolute blast to scrap with your hubby.

28. Vicki December 13, 2010 at 1:35 pm #

Both of them are great!! I choose #2 due to the sparkly stamping of snowflakes!

29. Kathy K December 13, 2010 at 5:55 pm #

Peppermint candy all the way!

30. Carol December 13, 2010 at 8:27 pm #

This was a very difficult decision. All of these are so pretty!