Family Tag Feud: Day 8

Welcome to Day 8 of the Family Tag Feud! (Yes, we’re still a day behind…I guess we’re stretching out the fun to make it last a bit longer!)

If you have any questions about how the tags are made, we will probably wait to answer most of them in the reveal at the end so that we can answer without trying to hide the identity of the artist. But in the meantime…ask away!

Today we both tried to do some somewhat new things for us, and some trial – and error – was the result before we finally produced the tags we are posting. It’s amazing how long – and how many steps – it can take to produce something that looks to the eye to be very simple.

Well, let’s take a look at what we came up with today…the tag stash is getting pretty thick. I hope the binder ring I’m planning to use will hold them all when I’m ready to arrange them all nicely!

Tag #1:

Supplies:

City Nights paper pack by Anne Langpap (Two Peas)
Digital Date Stamps Brushes & Stamps No. 20 by Katie Pertiet (Designer Digitals)
Free Holiday Party Kit by Brandy Buffington (Two Peas)
Font: Hawaii Killer
Jingle Bells: Orignal Image By Artist
Public Domain elements from Open Clip Art Library:

Tag #2:

Supplies:

BasicGrey Perhaps (Snow Queen)
Alterations by Tim Holtz for Sizzix Tag & Bookplates Die
Stampendous Wood Mounted Rubber Stamp (Music Score)
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tattered Rose, Fired Brick and Black Soot
Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink
Inkadinkado Reindeer Wood Stamp
Ranger Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder (Clear)
Recollections Rhinestone Stickers
Stampin’ Up! Winter White Embossing Powder
Stampin’ Up! Stamp Set (Snowflakes)
Bazzill Cardstock (Kraft)
Inkadinkado Clear Stamp Set (Season of Swirls)

So…we hope we made the choice hard for you…

[poll id="10"]

Disclosure

38 Responses to Family Tag Feud: Day 8

1. katie December 10, 2010 at 1:01 am #

it’s getting harder to choose.

2. Kathy T December 10, 2010 at 2:23 am #

This has been so much fun to watch and vote. Hope you are enjoying the creative time together. Thanks for sharing with is.

3. Nicole December 10, 2010 at 2:51 am #

I love them both. It’s getting harder to choose a favorite! Awesome job you two! :)

4. LINDA F.J. December 10, 2010 at 3:14 am #

GREAT JOB. I AM WITH THE REST OF YOU. IT IS GETTING HARD TO PICK. THEY ARE BOTH SO NICE.

5. Barb in Ak December 10, 2010 at 3:44 am #

I just love the tiny jingle bells on #1 !
    They are both great, but I voting for #1 :-)
    I can’t wait to see the how to directions for all the tags, and who created which! :-)

6. Gab December 10, 2010 at 3:58 am #

Yes you did make the choice hard once again! I loved the look of #1 but that reindeer stamp in #2 was too cute so I voted for #2

7. Cindy G December 10, 2010 at 5:13 am #

once again two great tags. thanks for sharing

8. Linda H December 10, 2010 at 6:04 am #

You did in fact make this a very hard choice! Both tags are fabulous!

9. Michelle P December 10, 2010 at 6:55 am #

It was very hard to choose this time! Love them both.

10. Scrapper Q December 10, 2010 at 7:36 am #

This was the toughest choice yet. You two are obviously having fun.

11. Lucie Hale December 10, 2010 at 8:07 am #

These are so fun. I wanted to play along but I work full-time and so am only on Tag #4. And I have about 150 Christmas Cards to write and mail, and all the shopping to do for all my family and friends! I should have started my tags back in September!!! Or my cards or shopping!!

12. flowerdisco December 10, 2010 at 8:49 am #

the soft almost transparent background stamping on the first one won my heart.

13. Teri December 10, 2010 at 9:09 am #

This was a tough one, #1I liked the background yet it looks imo like it just needs something.
    #2 was more attention getter but do think the let it snow could have been made differently, love the deer stamp!

14. Judy Cartwright December 10, 2010 at 9:13 am #

My favorites so far………..loved them both!!

15. Michelle M December 10, 2010 at 9:31 am #

This is getting too dang hard…I went back and forth a dozen times before voting for #1 ..by the slimmest of margins. I don’t usually go for digi simply because I’m a glue and paper kinda gal but I was really attracted to the brightness of #1 today…very close as I loved the embossing and the bling of #2…

16. sandi December 10, 2010 at 9:54 am #

Verrry hard to choose today. I went with #1 despite the fact I resist anything digi. :)

17. Raya L December 10, 2010 at 9:59 am #

#1 is lovely but doesn’t look homemade. Plus, I love the reindeer!

18. Kathy K December 10, 2010 at 10:16 am #

It is getting much harder to choose. #1 looks simple and clean but I know there are techniques behind the scene to make it look clean and sleek. (Plus I love the little bells) # 2 Well what can I say, I absolutely love the reindeer! Keep up the great work. This ‘Family Feud’ has been an inspiration and learning experience to me! Thank you!

19. Lisa Williams December 10, 2010 at 10:45 am #

The decision was hard!!! Both tags are beautiful! The adorable reindeer won out in the end though, today! :-)

20. Bev December 10, 2010 at 11:08 am #

Ditto to the rest.,,,,,,,this was the hardest day to choose! I did choose #1, but it was almost even….great job!

21. Bambi December 10, 2010 at 11:32 am #

All I can see is Tag #1 and #2. How do I see 3-8? Help!!!

• Nancy Nally December 10, 2010 at 1:10 pm #

There should only be two tags in each entry…Days 1 through 8 are posted as separate entries. This is day 8. If you go to the home page, you’ll be able to see the entries for days 1-7, which each have two tags in them. I hope that helps!

22. BARB T December 10, 2010 at 11:33 am #

This one was very difficult to choose. Truly love them both.

23. LindaBabe December 10, 2010 at 11:41 am #

Difficult choice. In the end, I went with #2. Wonder why it said I had already voted in this poll, though. I didn’t!

24. Liz S. December 10, 2010 at 12:33 pm #

My vote ALSO said I had already noted and I had not….

25. Brenda Jones December 10, 2010 at 12:59 pm #

The Raindeer Tag won out for me. It’s just too dadgum delightful for me to not vote for it. Now, I want that raindeer stamp, as if I need more stamps! lol

26. Vicki December 10, 2010 at 1:48 pm #

Toughest choice yet… I actually tried to vote for both!!! hmmm but in the end I am not a digi girl so I had to go with ever faithful paper and glue!

27. Sonia December 10, 2010 at 4:07 pm #

It’s getting harder to choose.
    Both tags are beautiful!

28. Mary L December 10, 2010 at 4:31 pm #

How long have you two been married? Even though the tags are different, and the styles varied, you two obviously think alike. If my DH and i were doing this the tags would ALWAYS be DRASTICALLY different! :-) This has been so much fun…TFS

• Nancy Nally December 10, 2010 at 4:39 pm #

SInce the earth was a dust ball? We’re old. LOL No, seriously, we’ve been married 17 years and together 20. We got married when I was just 21 (almost 22), and our beautiful 7 year old daughter was born two weeks after our 10th wedding anniversary.

29. Noelle December 10, 2010 at 5:07 pm #

Love these! And yes it is getting harder & harder to choose a favorite!

30. Cynthia H December 10, 2010 at 5:24 pm #

today is really tough – they are both so awesome in their own way!

31. kathy s December 10, 2010 at 6:50 pm #

this was a real toughy- love them both but 1 won with by whisker

32. Jersey Girl Anne December 11, 2010 at 2:52 pm #

this was the hardest choice I had to make yet, until I realized that tag #1 was done part digi and I really don’t consider that “true crafting/ scrapbooking” (I know,I’m old school). So..I went with #2!!!! I am so anxious to see who made all of the tags and which of you won the most days!!!

33. Claire December 12, 2010 at 5:13 am #

Both beautiful – I would have voted for 1 because it is gorgeous, but I have a problem with the flatness of digi things (even though they can be made to look dimensional). Just loved the santa face, but went with the reindeer stamped tag as it was cute and looked ‘touchable’.

34. Bev Leeson December 12, 2010 at 6:13 am #

Hi Guys,
    Another Tough Choice. Know what you mean about the length of time it takes and then looks so easy but for this reason, I have gone for Tag 1 today. It’s clean look just really appeals. Can’t wait to see the end result. Ha Ha.
    Kind Regards,
    Bev…..

35. Bev Leeson December 12, 2010 at 6:16 am #

Hi,
    Another tough choice. Today I have gone for Tag 1. it’s clean look just really appeals. Know what you mean about how much goes in and then it looks really easy, I believe we all know that feeling.lol. Can’t wait to see the end result…
    Kind Regards,
    Bev…..

36. Lysa Colonna December 13, 2010 at 5:23 pm #

This one is to hard to decide. I did pick one because of the jingle bells. But if I was to get either of these tags. They would be hanging and saved for sure. I love the reindeer in tag 2.
    Thanks to both of you, they are both fantastic.
    Lysa