Family Tag Feud: Day 7

It’s time for the day 7 tags of the Family Tag Feud!

It’s surprising how challenging we are finding it trying to create this volume of tags from the limited amount of Christmas seasonal items in my stash and that we got out shopping when we were preparing for this. I typically don’t buy a ton of seasonal stuff so we are trying to get creative with a lot of non-seasonal items. We actually had to make an emergency Michael’s run today for more supplies for future tags!

For today’s tags we did actually find some things in the stash, though, that we hadn’t used yet. We both (coincidentally) decided to use Tim Holtz’s beautiful Odds & Ends ticket stamp set for the first time, for one.

[FYI, if you are following along with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags, all of his products are on sale right now at Scrapbook.com for 15% off. You know what I call that? Job security for my UPS man! Haha.]

So…what did we come up with on day 7? Let’s take a look!

Tag #1:

Supplies:

Basic Grey patterned paper (Jovial – Snowball Fight)
My Mind’s Eye patterned paper (Holly Jolly – Holly Berries)
Making Memories Fa La La Hollyberries
Alterations by Tim Holtz for Sizzix Tag & Bookplates Die
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo, Pine Needles and Fired Brick
Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink
Tim Holtz Distress Stickles in Antique Linen and Rusty Hinge
Ranger Stickles in Silver and Xmas Red
Tim Holtz for Stamper’s Anonymous stamps (Odds and Ends)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Timepieces
Tim Holtz idea-ology Game Spinners
Mark Enterprises Ultra Detail Embossing Powder (Clear)
Stampin’ Up Stampin’ Emboss Powder (Winter White)
Hero Arts Clear Stamp Set (Holiday Sayings)
Stamp a Mania wood-mounted rubber stamp (Christmas Tree)
Hobby Lobby Natural Jute

Tag #2:

Supplies:

Alterations by Tim Holtz for Sizzix Tag & Bookplates Die
Recollections by Michaels Colored Core Paper Pad
Tim Holtz Alterations for Sizzix Texture Fade (Collage & Notebook)
Cricut Cartridge (A Child’s Year)
Bazzill Cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Dusty Concord, Old Paper, Tea Dye and Aged Mahogany
Ranger Stickles in Silver
Distress Stickles in Antique Linen
Making Memories Classically Defined Stickers (St. Nick)
Tim Holtz Alterations for Sizzix (Ticket Strip)
Tim Holtz for Stamper’s Anonymous stamps (Odds and Ends)
DMC Embroidery Floss
American Crafts Elements Glitter Buttons (Metallic)
Tim Holtz for Tonic Studios Paper Distresser
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Philosophy Tags
Jump Rings
Hobby Lobby Natural Jute

So…it’s that time again…

[poll id="9"]

Disclosure

24 Responses to Family Tag Feud: Day 7

1. LINDA F.J. December 9, 2010 at 3:18 am #

Boy it is hard to pick a winner every night because they are both so pretty. But had to go with tag one this time. You guys are doing a great job.

2. Bev Leeson December 9, 2010 at 4:51 am #

Hi, Once again you Two have made it hard. I have gone for Tag 2 but only because it just seems to flow better Lol. It;s going to be such fun to know who has made which Tags at the end of this. I am keeping tabs on my daily votes just to see where I end up Keep up the Creativity you are doing an Awesome job.
    Kind Regards,
    Bev……

3. kathy s December 9, 2010 at 5:03 am #

you guys really rock I sure would hate to be in your house when all the votes are talleyed cause someones gunna lose and someone else is gunna laugh- i can just feel it. love both of them again tonight and even though I picked 2 I love the holly and berries and the sparkly tree on 1. thanks for sharing

4. LindaBabe December 9, 2010 at 7:21 am #

They’re both beautiful – but I ‘warmed’ to the colors of number 1. Great job, people!

5. Karen December 9, 2010 at 8:10 am #

I am loving number 2!!! I love the colors and the design – everything!!! I might just have to “lift” this one!! I can’t wait to find out which tags belong to each of you! This has been fun watching it unfold!

6. Teri December 9, 2010 at 8:12 am #

Had to go with 2, liked the colors of 1 and the clock yet the other items just didn’t seem to belong. Like the distress look of 2.
    It’s great that you’re doing this together, I’m sure you’re having a good time!

7. Allison December 9, 2010 at 8:56 am #

This is a tough one!! Let me mull over them some more.

8. Izzy December 9, 2010 at 9:02 am #

Tag #1 hands down! Love love LOVE the calendar on the ticket! And I am a holly leaf fanatic too. I think I have more holly leaves than snowflake stamps in my collection if that’s possible! ( cuz I do love snowflakes too!) I am sooooooo itching to get to my scrap corner and try these ideas! Anybody wanna keep the grandbaby for me while I go play? LOL

9. Lisa Williams December 9, 2010 at 9:09 am #

I LOVED # 1, but there was just something about #2 that seemed to make me want to vote for it! :-) I think the clock and the countdown of days on the ticket were great on tag 1. I think tag 2 though had some design touches that I liked a little better….the colors were warmer and I liked the “believe” embellishment and the die cut of the little girl with wings holding the gift! Wonderful tags as always!! :-)

10. JillT December 9, 2010 at 9:28 am #

Wow I don’t know whether to vote today or not–VERY close

11. Kathy K December 9, 2010 at 9:33 am #

WOW – this one was really hard. I absolutely loved both of them! I had to do an ‘eany meany miny mo’….

12. Linda Leonhardt December 9, 2010 at 9:33 am #

Good Morning!
    They are both soo beautiful, but I have to choose # 2, I love Angels!

Have a great day everyone!

13. flowerdisco December 9, 2010 at 9:34 am #

Voted for #2. The embossing/distressing and the “out of the box” color……..yummy in my eyes :)

14. Marissa December 9, 2010 at 9:55 am #

I really like the use of the ticket in Tag #1, but I like the overall look of number 2 better. Great creativity in both!!!!

15. Cynthia H December 9, 2010 at 10:34 am #

I too have a limited supply of Christmas stuff, but I like the challenge — doing December Daily helped me think of some of my products in new ways!

Any number set can be used to make a 25
    Anything snowflakey works too (I have a lot more of that then Christmas-specific stuff.)
    Anything red.
    Anything green.

16. Vicki December 9, 2010 at 4:43 pm #

Wow another tough day to vote. I loved the tree in tag one.. but the backgound swayed my vote to tag #2.

I wasn’t going to do the tags and I don’t own alot of TH holiday stuff but I jumped in with two feet finding that I can utilize alot from my stash.. I used a die-cut Bird from my cricut on two tags… once embossing it in silver (to make it look metal) and the other to wrap the tissue tape around. I don’t have most of the stamps that Tim has but I do have a ton that seem to be falling right in line with what he has! Heck I even found some old green tinsle from about 4 years ago in my stash! hahaha I totally agree that I am using my stash in some very creative ways.

17. marchelle December 9, 2010 at 5:20 pm #

This is sooooo hard everyday to decide which one to vote for. Both of you have made such gorgeous tags. I LOVE them ALL. But I sent in my votes….but just wanted to let you know how I felt about them all. HAPPY TAGGING.

18. Judy L Dickerson December 9, 2010 at 5:41 pm #

boy, its getting harder .. but # 1 says it’s getting time for Christmas and I too love holly leaves..judy

19. Jersey Girl Anne December 9, 2010 at 5:48 pm #

I had to vote for #1 since I am all about holly!! I buy anything and everything that has holly on it…stamps, paper ,embellies. I love it all. So I had to vote for that one.!!! I reall am enjoying all of them though. Some are not my style but I still enjoy all the work you have put in to them and the fun you are having!!

20. Bev December 9, 2010 at 6:02 pm #

I study your tags every day, but only commented once. I “think” I see a feminine and masculine entry each day…….and can’t wait to see if I am even “close” LOL
    Great job, and hopefully your hub has caught the fever? Love this!

21. Renee J. December 9, 2010 at 8:12 pm #

Wow, I wish I could vote for both. You are both awesome! Thanks for sharing. As my daughter would say, you ROCK!!

22. sandi December 9, 2010 at 8:13 pm #

I really liked #1 but I couldnt stop looking at # 2 so # 2 it is. :)

23. Gab December 9, 2010 at 10:37 pm #

As much as I loved #1 I voted for #2 – that little girl sold me!

24. Lysa Colonna December 13, 2010 at 5:20 pm #

Loved them both, voted for #2. I loved the definition of the word gift and the believe medallion. You both are inspiring as I was thinking to myself what I would pull from both tags to make a 3rd. Thanks so much to the both of you. This is really fun.
    Lysa