Family Tag Feud: Days 5 and 6

Today the feud is a two-fer because we had a long day at – you guessed it – Disney yesterday and didn’t get any tagging done. So the readers have not one but two polls to vote in today!

Thanks again to everyone who has been taking part in the voting on this. We are having a ton of fun and enjoying everyone’s comments. We can’t wait to do the big reveal at the end about who made which tags!

So since we’ve got so many tags to look at…let’s get to it!

Tag 1 (Day 5):

Supplies:

Photoshop Elements 6 for Mac
Vintage Christmas Song  (vintagefeedsack.blogspot.com)
Snowball Fight!: “Chatterbox Annual” (1916) (fromoldbooks.org)
The Robin’s Christmas Carol (fromoldbooks.org)
Tailpiece (1) (oldbookillustrations.com)

Tag 2 (Day 5):

This tag was heavily influenced by the Day 12 tag of Tim Holtz’s 12 Tags from 2007…thanks for the inspiration Tim!

Supplies:

Alterations by Tim Holtz for Sizzix Tag & Bookplates Die
K & Company Yuletide Die Cut Card Making Pad
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Pine Needles
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Fragments
Ranger Glossy Accents
Making Memories patterned paper
Fancy Pants “Holiday Sentiments” patterned paper
Making Memories Classically Defined Stickers (St. Nick)
Daisy D’s Cardstock Die Cuts (Holiday Tags)
Prima Mulberry Flowers
Creating Keepsakes Creations Rhinestone Brads
Prima Say It In Crystals
Hobby Lobby Natural Jute

So…what do you think?

[poll id="7"]

But wait…there’s more! Thanks to our vacation day yesterday…here’s a Monday bonus!

Tag 1 (Day 6):

Supplies:

Alterations by Tim Holtz for Sizzix Tag & Bookplates Die
K & Company Yuletide Die Cut Cardmaking Pad
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen and Pumice Stone
Sizzix Movers & Shapers Die (Kit #1 – Card, Horizontal A2)
DCWV Christmas Quote Rub-On Stack
Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink
Stampin’ Up! Winter White Embossing Powder
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Lost & Found paper
Stampin’ Up “Snowflakes”
Northwoods Rubber (Snowflake #AA7841)
Ranger Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder (Clear)
Hobby Lobby Natural Jute

Tag 2 (Day 6):

Supplies:

Generic White #8 Tag
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky and Old Paper
Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink
Stampendous Stamp n’ Stuff Embossing Powder in Jeweled Gold
Stamp Mania Christmas Tree JD4300-K
Stampin Up! “Snow Flakes”
“Peace” stamp (Michaels)
Tim Holtz Distress Stickles in Diamond
Ranger Stickles in Silver
Martha Stewart Glitter in Crystal Fine
K & Company Brenda Walton Adhesive Chipboard
Green Ribbon (unknown)

Get your vote in…every vote counts! Some of these have been very close! Day two was still tied earlier tonight after well over 400 votes had been cast! WOW!

[poll id="8"]

34 Responses to Family Tag Feud: Days 5 and 6

1. Renee J. December 7, 2010 at 1:27 am #

These tags are amazing! I think Tim has some real competition! ‘Way to go!!

2. Lyneen December 7, 2010 at 3:17 am #

What a fun time… it is really hard choosing a favorite!

3. LINDA F.J. December 7, 2010 at 4:08 am #

These tags are just getting better and better. Makes me wish I was at your table making tags with you. Good job you guys. Can’t wait to see tomorrow tags. What fun.

4. Roberta Stafford December 7, 2010 at 4:36 am #

They keep getting better and better making it harder and harder to choose.

5. LindaBabe December 7, 2010 at 5:21 am #

That was a practically impossible choice! They’re all GLORIOUS!

6. Cindy G December 7, 2010 at 5:27 am #

these tags are wonderful. You should do your own tags, maybe 14 tags for valentines day.

7. Gab December 7, 2010 at 5:33 am #

Once again, a really tough decision! I voted for #2 in day 5 – I love that tiled look

8. Carol Schremmer December 7, 2010 at 6:26 am #

Day 5 I loved the nostalgic look of tag 1. On day 6 I chose the warm look of tag 2. Great inspirations. Keep ‘em coming.

9. Teri December 7, 2010 at 7:39 am #

Had to go with 1 for both days. Day 5 tag 2 just
    looked like there wasn’t much effort put into it.
    Day 6 tag 2 the colors and that big snow flake next
    to the tree just didn’t speak to me. Would like to
    see more dimension and bulk ( IMO).

• Nancy Nally December 7, 2010 at 7:59 am #

The #2 tag on Day 5 actually has a lot of dimension that didn’t show up in photography when the tag was laid down flat. The window at the bottom is a die cut-out, and then the snowflake layer is attached behind it with foam tape so it has some depth behind the window frame.

Often times the tags have a lot of dimension, texture or subtle color that aren’t showing up very well since we aren’t pro’s at photographing this stuff.

10. Barb December 7, 2010 at 7:43 am #

Awesome tags! Thanks for posting these polls… it’s fun to look at your creative works. I can’t wait to see who made which ones at the end of the 12 days!

11. Claire December 7, 2010 at 7:58 am #

I think ALL your tags have been wonderful! I’d like to see MY hubby sitting at the table with me! I think people are drawn to their own style preference, so it doesn’t really matter who made it! I am loving the fact that it is not obvious who is making what. Way to go with the anonymity! I loved Tag 1 on day 5 – was it all digital?

• Nancy Nally December 7, 2010 at 8:00 am #

Yes, tag #1 on day 5 was in fact all digital!

12. Izzy December 7, 2010 at 8:12 am #

Sometimes the simpler the better. While I love glitz and glam a lot!, the simplicity (and therefore peacefulness) of both #1 tags (day 5 & 6) just drew me in. Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful pieces of art!

13. Lisa Williams December 7, 2010 at 8:31 am #

I think they were all wonderful! I chose tag 2 for both days….just because I loved the bright colors…but I really do love the vintage illustration in tag 1 for day 5 and the poem and window were so creative in tag 1 for day 6. Thanks for listing those FABULOUS websites in the “supplies” section below tag 1. I haven’t had a chance to look at all of them, but the oldbookillustration.com site has my creative juices flowing!! :-) I’m creating a heritage-type scrapbook for my hubby’s family at the moment and I can use some of the illustrations to make some really unique embellishments for my layouts! Thanks again! :-)

14. Jean_H December 7, 2010 at 8:32 am #

I’m loving the “competition”! You guys are creating some beautiful works of art!! I’m amazed at how different they are, even though you’re following Tim’s 12 tags. Looking forward to seeing the rest…

15. Tammy Dailor December 7, 2010 at 8:36 am #

A day at Disney sounds fun. Sometimes that is what I miss most about moving from Orlando – taking a day off and heading to Disney just for the heck of it… Ah, the good old days. Love the tags and the friendly family competition. Can’t wait to see the reveal!

16. flowerdisco December 7, 2010 at 8:56 am #

voted today too…the photoshop one is just gorgeous. I had to pick that one even it is just a flat tag :(

but then, #2 on day 6…awww! what a beauty!

thanks for the fun!

17. Cindy d December 7, 2010 at 9:12 am #

I went with #1 for both. I wonder if they’re by the same person. Can’t wait for the reveal!

18. Marissa December 7, 2010 at 10:26 am #

These are wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

19. Nati December 7, 2010 at 11:08 am #

Days 5 & 6….It was so hard to pick a favorite! Keep them coming!!!!

20. Barb in Ak December 7, 2010 at 12:35 pm #

This is getting harder! I wanted to vote for ALL of them!
    I can’t wait to find out who made which! :-)

21. Cynthia H December 7, 2010 at 1:39 pm #

I love love love the reappearance of the tree stamp! But I also really liked the window in Day 6′s #1 tag. So hard to decide which is my favorite!

22. Terri Harmon December 7, 2010 at 2:26 pm #

Day 5 was a really hard choice for me. Glad I went for what seems to be the underdog! haha. This has been really fun.

23. fran grillo December 7, 2010 at 3:17 pm #

they are all beautiful!

24. Judy L Dickerson December 7, 2010 at 3:48 pm #

these are all awesome ..makes want to start doing some even those I would be behind ..it would be fun and I have all the ingredients .. Keep up the good mo-jo juice…

25. kathy s December 7, 2010 at 4:17 pm #

Love the deep red and white on the first set of tags- and the simplicity of the first tag on the second set-love the sentiment thanks for the inspiration

26. Kristina December 7, 2010 at 4:50 pm #

I am loving all the tags and it’s been really difficult to choose. I have been voting but I dare not say for which (I just don’t like to hurt anyone’s feelings, especially since they are ALL so nice).
    On a completely un-tag related topic:
    You visit Disney so often have you ever thought of putting out a “guide to visiting the parks”?
    My family is going this spring and I’d love any tips I can get to make the most of our time. I’ve been there a few times (but this will be the first time with children) and it’s been 7 years since our last visit, I’m sure so much has changed.

Hugs,
    Kristina

27. Michelle M December 7, 2010 at 7:35 pm #

You guys are getting more creative by the day and it’s getting harder and harder to choose!!!!

28. Kelly December 7, 2010 at 7:39 pm #

This is awful….they are all beautiful and then to pick a favorite. Very nice work.

29. Linda H December 8, 2010 at 12:16 am #

You are both making some awesome tags! Some days I have definite favorites, other days it’s a toss up! Looking forward to the next tags!

30. Kathy K December 8, 2010 at 6:09 pm #

I love all of them, but #1 on Day 5 – absolutely beautiful!!!

31. Nicole December 8, 2010 at 7:10 pm #

Wow all the tags are gorgeous! You guys are not making it easy on us! :)

32. Bergen December 9, 2010 at 2:47 pm #

Wow! Day 5 was really tough to choose! ALL the tags have been fabulous, but Day 5 was particularly tough for me to vote on. Thanks so much for posting all your lovely work!