Family Tag Feud: Day 4

Wow…the creative juices are flowing here! It’s great to have a reason to force ourselves to make time to sit down everyday and create! Time together doing something fun has been the real victor of this feud!

We do actually have a plan for these tags when they are completed…the 24 of our tags together, plus one tag created by our daughter, will total 25 – and make a lovely tag “advent calendar” when displayed on a binder ring and flipped through to display a new one every day.

And now on to today’s tags! The music stamp makes a re-appearance…

Tag #1:

Supplies:

Generic #8 White Tag
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass, Black Soot, Mustard Seed and Antique Linen
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Fragments
Ranger Stickles Glitter Glue in Diamond
Stampin’ Up! Winter White embossing powder
Stampendous “Music Score” wood-mounted rubber stamp
Technique Tuesday by Ali Edwards stamps (Good Cheer)
Brad (unknown)
Ribbon (unknown)

Tag #2:

Supplies:

#8 Kraft Tag – American Tag Company
Fabric (Walmart)
Studio Calico Mister Huey’s Color Mist (Apple Jacks)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Tissue Tape in Symphony
Sizzix Alterations by Tim Holtz Die (Tattered Flower)
Making Memories patterned paper
Marcella by K brad
Unity Stamp Company by Melody Ross stamps (She Sprouted Wings)
Tim Holtz Collection for Stamper’s Anonymous (First Christmas)
Autumn Leaves Scrap Metal (Photo Corner Intricate)
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Bundled Sage, Aged Mahogany, Peeled Paint, Old Paper, Fired Brick, and Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Adage Tickets
Tim Holtz for Tonic Studios Paper Distresser

So…

[poll id="6"]

33 Responses to Family Tag Feud: Day 4

1. Renee J. December 4, 2010 at 10:52 pm #

Oh, it is so hard to choose! They both are great!!

2. Sara G. December 4, 2010 at 11:36 pm #

These tags have been great! It is great that you have the time together and can make this great family project :)

3. LINDA F.J. December 5, 2010 at 3:08 am #

THESE TAGS JUST GET BETTER AND BETTER. GOOD JOB!

4. Gab December 5, 2010 at 3:29 am #

Another tough choice … I voted for #2 but loved #1 also. What a fantastic idea to keep the tags to make an advent tag book … and very fun to get your daughter involved as well!

5. Bev Leeson December 5, 2010 at 4:02 am #

Both Tags are Gorgeous. It is such a pleasure to look every night to see what you’ve both done.Love the idea of the Advent Calendar. I have Voted for No:1 today but only because it looks like it took a little longer to make. This is just my Opinion and I could be way off mark, but in any event it is just a fun game to vote and I know you’re Daughter will be Delighted with them both.. “Carry on Creating” you’re both doing a Fabulous Job on them and getting Quality time together as well.
    Cheers,
    Bev…….

6. kathy s December 5, 2010 at 5:10 am #

this was a really hard pick tonight tag 1 just beat tag 2 – don’t know why!!!! and what a great idea for the tags to be used again

7. Kary December 5, 2010 at 5:28 am #

Nancy, I’m really enjoying voting the tags and not knowing who created them. It’s hard to choose cos they are all gorgeous. I’m sure you guys are having lots of fun creating. So very cool!

8. Jessica December 5, 2010 at 5:38 am #

You are indeed a very lucky lady, to be able to sit together and create! And now your daughter is playing too! What great family time! I see the votes are pretty much 50/50 today. So who is learning from whom I wonder? lol Thanks so much for sharing your time together with us!
    Hugs, Jessica

9. LindaBabe December 5, 2010 at 6:10 am #

They are both lovely. I voted for #2 because I didn’t ‘love’ the square with the orange brad.

10. Lysa Colonna December 5, 2010 at 7:05 am #

Tag #2 was the tag I picked for today. But both are just grand! I love the idea of a tag advent. Are you guys making these sitting together or hiding them from one another until completed. Which ever way you are working this whole tag challenge must be bringing many laughs and smiles to you both. Perfect project for the holidays, you guys rock!
    Lysa

11. Kendra-Sue December 5, 2010 at 7:07 am #

I have been planning a similar advent calendar. I want to do an entire series of tags for one of my brothers.

Your tags are wonderful.

12. Gail Alcorn December 5, 2010 at 7:48 am #

Even though I have chosen one over the other each day, it may just be a matter of color choice or some other small element, but both tags each day have been beautiful and very well designed.

13. Cindy G December 5, 2010 at 8:04 am #

What a wonderful idea. I love that you are getting the entire family involved.

14. Teri December 5, 2010 at 8:36 am #

Went with #1 today, just not sure of the big diamond at the bottom seems like there should be something in there. #2 seemed like the idea juices just ran out.
    You both do a good job and I can’t wait to find out at the end whose was whose.

15. Lisa Williams December 5, 2010 at 9:04 am #

Love the idea of this Family Tag Feud! What a fun idea! I’ve been having a great time voting! :-)

16. flowerdisco December 5, 2010 at 9:40 am #

keep up the fab work here…………went w/#2 ;)

17. Jennifer Earley December 5, 2010 at 10:04 am #

good grief…another hard vote! great job guys…voted for #2 only because the organge brad in #1 threw me off and the square tag was too big…imo.

18. sandi December 5, 2010 at 10:27 am #

Once again both tags are wonderful. I did voted for #1 even though I was a little iffy on the brad.Love sharing in your fun.

19. Tina V December 5, 2010 at 10:47 am #

Oh both tags are lovely but I am always a sucker for glittery things so I picked tag 1. Very beautiful tags!

20. Michelle M December 5, 2010 at 11:25 am #

number 1 gets my vote today [ tho #2 is sweet too! } love the iciles on #1

21. Lyneen December 5, 2010 at 11:35 am #

Very hard choice!

22. Izzy December 5, 2010 at 12:04 pm #

I chose #1 mostly because I love the music theme, tho I agree the square needed a little ‘something’. On #2 the santa’s eyes jumped out at me and just looked a little spooky… but I have always had a thing about weird eyes… won’t buy a snowman with weird eyes! LOL ( so now y’all know I am certifiably nutso! ) ;-)

23. Cindy d December 5, 2010 at 2:05 pm #

When do we find out who made each? I’m going to forget what they all looked like once I finally find out!

• Nancy Nally December 5, 2010 at 11:05 pm #

Cindy, I’m planning to do a post at the end with little side-by-side pictures of all of the tags, listing the results and revealing who made what!

24. Jersey Girl Anne December 5, 2010 at 2:42 pm #

today was the first time i had to really think about which one was better. I think #2 won for me because these are Christmas tags and i don’t care for the orange in #1. But all the tags have been grreat!!

25. Judy L Dickerson December 5, 2010 at 4:11 pm #

I voted for # 1 unlike those who didn’t like the orange brad,I did and the ribbon ties the orange together.. did you stamp something on the square? I thought the green ribbon on the # 2 was oddly out of place .. but maybe I’m oddly out of place..

• Nancy Nally December 5, 2010 at 11:04 pm #

Official question-answerer hat on here…Yes, there is music stamped on the back of the fragment tile in tag #1. In tag #2, the green fabric tie matches the subtle green in the inking on the background of the tag and the edges of the “wish” ticket, but it was so subtle it didn’t photograph well. There’s more green evident on it in person.

26. Cynthia H December 5, 2010 at 6:36 pm #

It is so fun to see what you both do each day. Thanks for the inspiration and chance to vote!

27. Tobey December 5, 2010 at 11:44 pm #

love number one, I love the music stamp and I love the way it sort of looks like a candle

28. scrapper al December 6, 2010 at 12:17 am #

The advent tag calendar is a great idea.

29. Vicki December 6, 2010 at 11:45 am #

So darn hard to vote!! love that you guys are creating together and the advent calendar is a great idea (I might just steal it)

30. Nati December 6, 2010 at 12:18 pm #

I think Tag #1 Gets my vote today! Great tags. I’m loving the family challenge!

31. Nicole December 6, 2010 at 9:30 pm #

Nancy,
    This is so fun!!! I love that you and your hubby are creating tags together and getting inspired by Tim. And how fun to add a little bit of healthy competition! Thanks for sharing all your tags with us!