Family Tag Feud: Day 3

After an afternoon and evening of creative busyness in our house, it is time for Family Tag Feud again!

Mike and I are overwhelmed by the number of people who have been playing our little game along with us. You can not possibly have any idea how much it means to share this with all of you…Thank you!

We’d like to once again thank Tim Holtz for inspiring us to do this with his 12 Tags feature on his blog. Today’s tag was his best yet of 2010 and made us both feel like the total tag amateurs that we are. And of course it left me drooling over several products of his that (hard to believe it’s possible) I somehow haven’t bought yet.

With that said…let’s look at today’s tags!

Tag #1:

Supplies:

#8 Blank White Tag
Cricut Cartridge (Graphically Speaking)
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Pumice Stone, Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, Black Soot, Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire, and Dusty Concord
Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint in Clear Rock Candy and Picket Fence
Inkadinkado Reindeer Wood Stamp
Stampendous Black Detail Embossing Powder
Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder in Weathered Wood
Stampin’ Up! Winter White Embossing Powder
Ranger Glossy Accents
Hero Arts Clear Stamps (Holiday Sayings)
Tim Holtz Distress Stickles in Rock Candy
Ranger Mini Mister
Autumn Leaves – Swirl stamp
Recollections by Michaels Adhesive Rhinestones – Star
Miscellaneous Black and White Ribbon

Tag #2:

Supplies:

Ranger Inkssentials #8 Manilla Tag
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Old Paper, Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Bundled Sage, Vintage Photo and Fired Brick
Stacy Stamps – May #405AA
Tim Holtz for Stamper’s Anonymous Rubber Stamp – Journey
Making Memories Rub-On Alphabet – Beach – Red
American Crafts Glitter Buttons (Earth Tones)
Ranger Mini Mister
DMC Embroidery Floss
Ribbon (unknown)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Tiny Attacher
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Philosophy Tags
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Trinket Pins
Making Memories Passport Clear Stamps
Ranger Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder (Clear)
Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder in Pine Needles
Autumn Leaves Clear Stamps (unknown flourish)

So…

[poll id="5"]

29 Responses to Family Tag Feud: Day 3

1. Denise Coulter December 3, 2010 at 11:34 pm #

I’m having a really hard time picking between you two every day! Kinda fun not knowing whose is whose :)

2. LINDA F.J. December 4, 2010 at 3:21 am #

I also love playing who has the best tag and not knowing who’s tag is who’s.
    What fun. Look forward to this every day!

3. kathy s December 4, 2010 at 3:50 am #

I like tag 1 this time – it feels more elegant- I hope you are going to let us know at the end who made which tags- but not until the end please

• Nancy Nally December 4, 2010 at 11:13 am #

We will definitely let you know at the end! :)

4. LindaBabe December 4, 2010 at 5:44 am #

Once again 2 BEAUtiful tags. # 1 looked like it was much more work, but the more somber color scheme wasn’t as appealing to me.

5. Gab December 4, 2010 at 5:47 am #

I loved them both but the reindeer one as a little scene was my fave!

6. Cindy G December 4, 2010 at 6:01 am #

I love your tags. I think it is great that you are doing this together. I’d love to be able to sit down with my husband and do this.

7. Teri December 4, 2010 at 7:32 am #

Hard decision, had the feeling with both that you ran
    out of ideas, very simple and basic.
    Decided on 2.

• Nancy Nally December 4, 2010 at 11:16 am #

it wasn’t so much ran out of ideas as we both had products/techniques we wanted to try out and then we got halfway through and they didn’t work out quite like we envisioned in our heads.

8. Izzy December 4, 2010 at 8:11 am #

When I look at tag #2 it just ‘feels’ good. I think the design of tag #1 is great – love the moon!- but since I am not a fan of silvery things in general, I have to go with #2. I do think I would like to try the moon and deer idea in golds and browns and greens, though. Can’t wait to find out which tags belong to who!

9. sandi December 4, 2010 at 8:45 am #

Went back and forth but finally decided on #2. I think the buttons won me over. :)

10. Karen December 4, 2010 at 9:07 am #

#2 again all the way – I just LOVE everything about this tag!!

11. Susan December 4, 2010 at 9:26 am #

What a fun game / challenge!! Great idea!! Can’t wait to see the rest :)

12. Bev December 4, 2010 at 9:34 am #

Love this! Pondered awhile, but the 2nd won me over because it is Christmasy……1st felt too “dark” for me. Both are beautiful tho….I am just a more traditional kind of gal. TFS!

13. Cindy d December 4, 2010 at 10:21 am #

#2 is more me, so it gets my vote! Both very lovely.

14. Jennifer Earley December 4, 2010 at 10:27 am #

Great tags once again! Love the moon and reindeer but just wish the reindeer was brown-ish rather then sliver. Love the glittery buttons on tag 2.

15. Lyneen December 4, 2010 at 11:08 am #

Great tags…. Not telling…. love them both!!

16. Lesa Livingston December 4, 2010 at 12:40 pm #

Hard choice! They both are wonderful tags. While I love the deer looking at the moon, I chose #2 because I loved the colors and the journey/travel theme.

17. Holly Dasju December 4, 2010 at 1:33 pm #

It was a very hard choice today. I loved #1 also but chose #2 because I like the vintage look of the tag. You both do awesome work!!!

18. kathleen.summers December 4, 2010 at 1:37 pm #

Oh, that moonlight and the wonderful reindeer!

19. Judy L Dickerson December 4, 2010 at 1:44 pm #

well big decision,both are great#1 while different struck me because I do like the mauvey colors with the silver .# 2 was more traditional..but I like to be different so …I chose # 1

20. flowerdisco December 4, 2010 at 2:27 pm #

This is so much fun. I also went to TH site and subscribed. I do love his work and I always forget it is really not that hard to play with him.

I have been trying to see the tags since this morning when I got up and I have this window opened since then and just now at 2:25PM EST I was able to see them and vote for #2.

Have a great weekend…I just got the Christmas spirit in me this morning :) and I have been decorating for the holidays since then. Not much….hate taking things down. this year I am doing less but w/the same taste. ;)

21. Courtney December 4, 2010 at 4:02 pm #

This was a difficult choice today! I loved the colors in tag #1, but all of the details in tag #2 made it my favorite. :)

22. Bambi Pro December 4, 2010 at 4:13 pm #

Love tag #2.

23. JillT December 4, 2010 at 5:46 pm #

love em both!

24. Lysa Colonna December 5, 2010 at 7:00 am #

Oh how fun is this!! I love all the tags so far and it has become hard to make a choice. If I am having this much fun voting on the tags, You guys must be having a blast making them. Can’t wait to see more.
    Lysa

25. Michelle M December 5, 2010 at 11:22 am #

this is the hardest choice yet!!!

26. Marissa December 9, 2010 at 3:29 pm #

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that moon! How did you do that?!?!?!

• Nancy Nally December 10, 2010 at 11:10 am #

The moon was cut out on the Cricut machine, inked, partly crackle painted in spots, and then covered with Glossy Accents to make it gleam.