May’s Product Picks: Vintage Halloween

[Editor's Note: Increased focus on Halloween as a holiday has led to an explosion in the offerings of Halloween-themed scrapbook supplies the past few years. This year, it seemed there were as many Halloween lines on display at CHA Summer 2010 as there might have been Christmas lines five years ago. Halloween is hot - even if you don't live in Florida like I do! In this piece, May brings together two huge trends - vintage and Halloween - to show off red hot (or is that smouldering orange) seasonal picks!]

One of my favorite aspects of scrapbooking holidays is that vintage inspired products are easy to put to use with my photos easily. Thanks to twists on tradition, color combinations that work for a variety of photos, classic designs, and new ideas the scrapbook market is filled this year with vintage inspired bliss. I can’t wait for Halloween to be over just so I can have more photos and reasons to scrapbook!

Today I have five picks to share with you:

Graphic 45′s “Halloween in Wonderland”  [Scrapbook.com] is probably the Halloween collection I’ve heard the most buzz about. The designs are so much fun – it literally is “Halloween in Wonderland!” My personal favorites, though, are the more neutral (black and cream) pieces that could easily lend themselves to many of my non-holiday scrapbook needs.

Anna Griffin’s “Esmerelda” collection [Scrapbook.com] is a dream come true. I usually find her product to be stunning – but my photos never seem quite formal or fancy enough to work well with the product. In this case, I feel like the intricate designs are perfect for any eerie, pumpkin filled, or spooky Halloween photos I might take.

Jenni Bowlin’s chipboard buttons [Scrapbook.com] are a wonderful addition to any stash! I love the jack-o-lanterns and children pieces mixed in with the labels.

Echo Park Paper’s digital Apothecary collection [at jessicasprague.com] combines a classic spooky Halloween look with patterns and designs that could be useful beyond the 31st of October. I love the damask and polka dot pieces especially.

Finally, I may be on the Girls’ Paperie design team, but even if I weren’t I still love their new line Toil & Trouble. It is vintage inspired Halloween product at it’s finest. It doesn’t matter how many projects I make with it – I still adore it! The Crepe Paper embellishments and the stickers (a great value!) are among my favorites – but you can’t go wrong with any of it.

Supplies used on layout:
Girls’ Paperie Ghost Story Paper  Scrapbook.com
Girls’ Paperie  sticker market Scrapbook.com
Girls’ Paperie crepe paper flower market   Scrapbook.com
Girls’ Paperie stamps   Scrapbook.com
Girls’ Paperie  metal glitter charms  Scrapbook.com
Girls’ Paperie flower market Scrapbook.com
Tim Holtz  distress stickles in spiced marmalade  Scrapbook.com
Ranger enamel accents  Scrapbook.com
Ranger UTEE in Platinum
Other: buttons, pen, white cardstock

I could go on all day – My Mind’s Eye’s [Scrapbook.com], Tim Holtz [Two Peas], and Pink Paislee [Scrapbook.com] all have  fantastic offerings as well just to name a few more. There is so much great product to choose from – whether you want elegant or grungy, spooky or whimsical, or something in between you’re sure to find the perfect product for you.

Do you have a favorite supply for Halloween scrapbooking? Feel free to comment here and share with us…

Check out the latest e-book from Ella Publishing by Angie Lucas & Kelly Jeppson:

Journaling that Matters: Simple strategies for finding the right words (by Angie Lucas and Kelly Jeppson)

Disclosure

, , , , ,

11 Responses to May’s Product Picks: Vintage Halloween

1. Denise Coulter October 28, 2010 at 1:47 am #

Halloween in Wonderland just rocks for me!

2. Allison October 28, 2010 at 8:51 am #

I’ve never bought a Halloween collection before. I figured I’d make 1 to 3 payges of my boyz, and that would be it. But this year I bought two! Thing is, they are not new collections. They are from My Mind’s Eye – “Scary Sparkles” and another one from My Mind’s Eye that oddly enough, I don’t know the name of it, but it was one of the collections (the one on the right) that Peachy Cheap had offered for a giveaway a few weeks ago. For some reason those two collections really appealed to me.
    I also plan to use the packaging that came with my boyz costumes to make layouts as well -they are going to be Super Why and Wolverine this year. I guess I better take lots of pictures so I can use these great papers!

3. Mary L October 28, 2010 at 2:07 pm #

The Halloween stuff I bought in the early years of srapbooking looks like cheap candy compared to these cool items. Thanks for the showcase.

4. Graphic 45 October 28, 2010 at 3:45 pm #

We are so honored to mentioned on this list! Thanks so much for the shout-out! We hope everyone’s holiday crafting is going superbly! Yay!

5. Lyneen October 28, 2010 at 7:30 pm #

I LOVE everything Graphics 45! Just got the Steampunk collection… need to get ALICE!

6. Wendy Tartaglia October 28, 2010 at 10:03 pm #

I actually bought the new Halloween Graphic 45 as soon as it came out and paid full price for it I loved it so much. It was actually the inspiration for how my kids are dressing for Halloween this year! Gotta love a funky, Halloween inspired Alice and White Rabbit!

7. Laura October 28, 2010 at 10:09 pm #

I bought the Halloween in Wonderland collection in an 8 x 8 pad as well as a couple of sheets in 12 x 12 and the 12 x 12 tags sheet. So far I’ve used it for decorations, a card, and am starting a mini book. :-) I also bought the digital Echo Park collection. I really like The Girls Paperie collection and am pondering buying some to use next year.

8. Gab October 29, 2010 at 1:59 am #

Just love that Echo Park digi line and the Girls Paperie too. I really wish we celebrated Halloween in Australia!

9. Denise Coulter October 29, 2010 at 1:19 pm #

There are so many wonderful Halloween Lines out there. My favorites are definitely G45′s and Pink Paislee’s lines. They are so gorgeous :)

10. felicia's scrapbooks October 29, 2010 at 11:01 pm #

My top seller was the Graphic 45 Wonderland Collection, my second was Girl’s Paperier, and then Bo Bunny Whooligans, which was more of a cutsie design. I loved all the Halloween collections this year.

11. Laura November 1, 2010 at 6:11 pm #

I have always LOVED Halloween and the new Halloween lines just make it even better! Not cheesy and cheap as in years past. These are elegant and sophisticated lending themselves to things not just Halloween (depending on the design, of course!). Can’t say I love them enough!