May’s Product Picks: A Whimsical Halloween

Choices in scrapbook product go way beyond pumpkins and cobwebs for Halloween these days. There are a variety of choices in style, color, and mood in the latest lines, and today I’m going to spotlight some of my picks from this season for your fun and whimsical Halloween pages.

I’m not always a fan of trendy purple in my Halloween product, but with the super fun designs and very useful papers that make creating layouts a snap, I’ve fallen in love with Echo Park’s “Happy Halloween” collection. This new company is impressing me more and more with each new release, and this one is no exception. [available now at  Scrapbook.com | Two Peas]

Clutching our precious first bag of candy corn, my daughter’s photo went so perfectly with the papers and embellishments in the kit from Echo Park. I love the patterns and how fun they are to mix-and-match together. The stickers are cute too. They are a nice mix of big and small shapes.

Supplies:
Echo Park Sticker Sheet  [Scrapbook.com |Two Peas]
Echo Park Alpha Stickers  [Scrapbook.com | Two Peas]
Echo Park Jack-O-Lantern paper [Scrapbook.com | Two Peas]
Echo Park Skull paper  [Scrapbook.com | Two Peas]
Echo Park purple stripe paper  [Two Peas]
Tim Holtz Stickles in Marmalade   [Scrapbook.com | Two Peas]
Ranger Enamel Accents in White   [Scrapbook.com]
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L MyStik tape runner [Scrapbook.com]

Another fun choice, right down to the festive flourishes, comes from Creative Memories and the aptly named “Cheerful Halloween” collection.

Next look at this favorite paper of mine and you can see that American Crafts is full of treats with the Boo collection. [available now at Scrapbook.com and Two Peas]

Still looking for more? I also recommend Doodlebug’s Spooky Town collection. It’s so full of their trademark cuteness, it makes me feel like a kid again. [Scrapbook.com | Two Peas]

I hope you liked the treats I shared with you here today. I’m looking forward to scrapbooking with lots of sweet products this season almost as much as I am looking forward to the candy itself. If you have a favorite product or style you like to scrapbook Halloween with, please feel free to share in the comments below!

, , ,

15 Responses to May’s Product Picks: A Whimsical Halloween

1. Denise October 15, 2010 at 10:16 pm #

I LOVE Doodle Bug brads! They’re always so stinking cute. I have to agree with you on the Echo Park papers. They look so dang colorful! I have a ton of Halloween papers. I have got to stop buying them, but the designs are hard to resist.

2. Jan Wilson October 16, 2010 at 5:09 am #

I have always used purple in my Halloween pages with orange and lime green. Seems to make the pages pop!

3. Lindy October 16, 2010 at 6:36 am #

I love using Doodlebug brads for Halloween…..always so adorable and cute. I use a lot of purple and orange at Halloween.

4. Jennifer Earley October 16, 2010 at 9:28 am #

Echo Park is great! Love their Halloween papers, so colorful like you mentioned! American Crafts papers are just as cute. And those brads from Doodlebug….wonderful! They can just be used for anything really, not just Halloween. Thanks for bringing these products to our attention…now to go find them!

5. flowerdisco October 16, 2010 at 9:31 am #

May…I do too love the Echo parks Collection. I love all of it, lol.

your daughters photo is just precious. love the way you managed the colors. great job!

6. Tona October 16, 2010 at 11:48 am #

These are great collections! I’m kind of all over the place with my paper choices…it’s kind of the same thing with books & movies for me too. With papers sometimes I go whimsical other times it might go vintage distressed or something in between.

7. Lesa Livingston October 16, 2010 at 12:51 pm #

May, thank you for sharing these wonderful collections and your fabulous layout! Great post.

8. Mary L October 16, 2010 at 9:13 pm #

If you mix a bag of candy corn with a can of salted peanuts it makes the yummiest, easy Halloween snack! Thanks for showcasing these cool products.

9. Linda B. October 17, 2010 at 1:07 am #

Great picks May! They all certainly look fun to play with. I just got some of Pink Paislee’s Hocus Pocus Clear Cards today. Can’t wait to make an altered Halloween book with them.

10. Gab October 17, 2010 at 2:55 am #

Wow, hasn’t Creating Memories come a long way!
    I saw candy corn for sale in Oz yesterday – at a shop that imports stuff from the US – we also got pop tarts and ding dongs!

11. Lisa C. October 17, 2010 at 12:43 pm #

I am also a big fan of Echo Park. I love the Halloween collection.

Another one is Bo Bunny whooligans. I love the cute designs and the colors are great!

12. Kimberly Congdon October 18, 2010 at 9:32 am #

I love to us the Cosmo Cricket line for Halloween. I love the different styles of the pattern paper, the ribbon & stamps are great too! However I do love the other paper lines too!

13. Lyneen October 19, 2010 at 1:28 am #

OH I LOVE this Halloween paper… Lots of fun patterns!!!

14. Renee Lecatsas October 19, 2010 at 10:25 am #

I love what you did with your daugher’s picture. She looks sweet and halloweeny just like the paper.

15. Sharon October 26, 2010 at 12:01 pm #

Halloween; it’s all about kids and their delightfulnesss. Echo Park and Bo Bunny’s Whooligans do it perfectly! No room for scary here, just kid fun! Yeah!