Trendwatch: Tickets

Left in a strip, used for journaling, as the perfect little paper accent, or as a part of a layered embellishment…I love tickets. They are nothing new in scrapbooking, but recently I have noticed an increase in the number of manufacturers that are creating ticket products. From actual paper tickets to stamps, stickers, and die cuts – tickets are all the rage.

Supply list:

Large and small, printed and plain, vintage or new, I do adore tickets! There’s something about such a classic piece of ephemera that just works for me, whether I’m scrapbooking a trip to the fair or just an ordinary day in my life.

If you’re looking for the real deal, I suggest visiting www.etsy.com and searching for tickets.

I did a vintage ticket search, and I’m almost sorry I did. There’s a lot of fantastic stuff available, and I want it all! That said, real tickets aren’t acid free or made to last, so you’ll either need to be comfortable with that, treat them with an archival mist or acid free preservative spray, or look for reproduction products made for scrapbooking. Today I am going to share some favorites I’ve found in my CHA Summer 2010 sneak peek hunting, as well as some that are available from previous releases.

Kaiser Craft has these printed chipboard elements (which I absolutely adore) that include several tickets.  The line that this chipboard sheet is from includes some other ticket items as well.

Making Memories Je t’Adore line is filled with sweet Parisian inspired details – including a set of tickets shown above.

Pink Paislee is releasing a roll of tickets with the House of 3 Parisian Anthology line. I really like how they’ll be so useful and easy to ink, paint, write on, and otherwise customize.

While the new Fiskars border punch says postage stamp, when I look at it I see the edge of a ticket! I could use this along the left and right side of a paper to make myself my own punched ticket – I think it will be very cute, especially on a larger journaling “ticket”.

These ticket stamps will work with Tim Holtz’s Alterations Ticket Strip die from Sizzix [Scrapbook.com|Two Peas]. Tim isn’t new to the ticket scene – in fact some of my favorite tickets to use at the moment are his Journaling Tickets [Scrapbook.com|Two Peas] that I showed in my layout example.

Looking to get your hands on more tickets right away? Here are a few fantastic products you’ll find on shelves now:

Pink Paislee’s Starlight collection is a favorite of mine (see more of it in this article), especially the sticker sheet. [Scrapbook.com|Two Peas]. The glitter accented ticket stickers are just the thing to add to any layout or project.

Little Yellow Bicycle has these [Scrapbook.com|Two Peas] tickets that come with a cute pocket – I love both the idea and colors. Taken apart or used all together, this is a lot of fun.

Maya Road has a variety of tickets. I like these [Scrapbook.com|Two Peas] kraft tickets a lot. The variety is nice.

If digital is more your style, check out Katie Pertiet’s variety of ticket products.  I especially like the ones with the months on them (shown above).

Rhonna Farrer also has some lovely digital tickets available now at House of 3 – they are one of my most printed and used digital kits.

Need even more? Jenni Bowlin also makes a variety of tickets, some of them themed [Scrapbook.com|Two Peas], and Making Memories’ Vintage Findings [Scrapbook.com|Two Peas] and Panorama lines also included tickets. [Two Peas]

Tickets are not a new idea in scrapbooking, but they have been gaining in popularity, and this scrapbooker couldn’t be happier about that!

Do you have a favorite ticket product? How do you use tickets on your layouts? Please feel free to share!

11 Responses to Trendwatch: Tickets

1. Linda in FWB August 1, 2010 at 5:07 pm #

Invoke Arts (unmounted rubber stamps) has had tickets in their line for several years and they are awesome.

2. Dawnll August 1, 2010 at 5:30 pm #

I loved all the ones you shared…K & Co had a package they sold with some tickets in their pack.
    I love to use them.Just finished a layout last night using them.

3. Lyneen August 2, 2010 at 3:42 am #

WOW a lot of tickets to think about… my favorite ticket that I use is my Tim Holtz ticket stamp… it has been the TICKET… but now there are so many more I may have to choose another ticket! Or in addition to my ticket stamp.

Did I use the word TICKET too many times above?????

4. Allison August 2, 2010 at 9:11 am #

OMG! Since I’ve only been scrapbooking for a couple years, I thought it was possibly a passing trend and thought I was the only one that was just gaga for tickets! I LOVE tickets! I even made a 12 x12 layout this weekend and I used a ticket. Not sure what it is about tickets, but I just love them. Know what I can’t stand? Banners. I HATE banners. I’ll be getting some of the Tim Holtz Adage tickets the next time I place an order, and probably some of the items from this post :)

5. Carrie Harville August 2, 2010 at 9:42 am #

I love those TH stamps!!

6. Gab August 2, 2010 at 10:06 am #

I love tickets too – and am collecting some real ones to use on LOs!

7. Deb August 2, 2010 at 1:01 pm #

Making memories has tickets in a few sizes in their Panorama collection. I love the ticket trend!

8. Julianne August 2, 2010 at 4:33 pm #

Paper Trey Ink has an adorable clear stamp set for tickets that includes ticket frames, sentiments, and small shapes. My favorite is a die to coordinate that diecuts a ticket strip, similar to Tim Holtz’s, as well as an embossing plate with tix for the background. It’s all sooooo cute and want Tim’s ticket stamps too!

9. Suz August 2, 2010 at 8:04 pm #

I have been a crazed ticket user for years – way before they were the in thing.

Jenni Bowlin’s are most like the vintage ones I like but they are pricey so I have bought a McGill punch and Unity Stamp Co has some great stamps to make my own. House of 3 digi kit also works with this punch and are a fave in my stash since I print lots to have on hand. I’m looking forward to just buying the roll of Pink Paislee House of 3 tickets since qty 100 for less than $4 will be a time saver for me. I like the lighter color (rather than Tim Holtz’s) since I can alter to meet my needs and easily distress if that is the look I want but I’m not locked into that

10. Stee August 9, 2010 at 5:28 pm #

I can’t believe you didn’t include PaperTrey Ink in your list. They have ticket stamps, dies AND impression plates.

• Nancy Nally August 9, 2010 at 8:09 pm #

Please note that May’s article is not intended to be a complete inventory of every single ticket-themed item being sold in the industry but rather just examples showing how widespread the trend is and how many forms it is appearing in. It would be impossible to list every company making them and every product.