Top

CHA To Bring Supershow to Anaheim in 2010

The Craft & Hobby Association announced today that it will be bringing its consumer Craft Supershow to Anaheim in conjunction with the CHA Winter 2010 trade show. CHA originated the Craft Supershow event at the CHA Summer trade show in Orlando this past July to resounding success.

The Anaheim Craft Supershow will take place on Friday, January 22nd from Noon-8pm PST, and on Saturday January 23rd from 10am-6pm PST at the Anaheim Convention Center. The CHA Winter 2010 trade show floor opens on Sunday, January 24th, with education beginning the day before. Tickets will cost $15/day, or $20 for two days. Children under 10 will be admitted free with a paying adult.

The objective of the Supershows, as described by CHA is:

…to provide cross-promotional opportunities for crafters where knitters can get hooked on scrapbooking, scrapbookers can try quilting, quilters can experiment with beading, and so on. The formula works as demonstrated through Orlando SuperShow attendees who reported 63 percent tried a new craft at the SuperShow and 85 percent were planning a purchase relative to trying a new craft.

The Orlando CHA Craft Supershow sold 9,000 tickets, with CHA reporting that 78% of the attendees were from Florida. The other 22% of the attendees were drawn from a total 48 states and 18 different countries. CHA is anticipating 10-12,000 attendees for the Anaheim Supershow.

“CHA looks forward to introducing another successful Craft SuperShow in Anaheim,” explained Steve Berger, CHA President & CEO. “Based on our success in Orlando, we know we can provide crafters not only with the products and crafts they want, but by introducing crafters to a new, broad range of crafts we have an opportunity to incrementally grow the entire craft and hobby industry.”

More information on the CHA Craft Supershow in Anaheim is available on the Supershow website.

Want to stay up-to-date on all the latest scrapbook news?

Subscribe to Scrapbook Update in a Reader

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply