Some of the most active and growing markets in scrapbooking are outside the United States. Markets in Europe, and countries like South Africa and Australia, offer many of the best opportunities for companies to grow their market share. But of course, reaching international markets can be expensive.
British Airways is offering to help with those expenses by giving 100 small U.S. companies “Business Opportunity Grants” that will provide them travel and freight expenses during 2010. Companies need to have a valid U.S. tax ID number to be eligible, and fewer than 500 employees.
The 100 winning companies will receive grants for 2010 consisting of:
- British Airways airfare for 10 round-trip Club World business class flights.
- 5 free British Airways World Cargo freight shipments of up to 500 kilos to worldwide destinations
- $1000 toward accommodation at Courtyard by Marriott
- 5 Regus Businessworld Gold Cards providing access to business lounges worldwide
- Canon PIXMA MX860 Wireless Office All-In-One Printer
What could your scrapbook company do with all of that? Travel to international trade shows or conventions? Visit your international clients? Visit suppliers overseas to create fabulous new products? You have until September 30th to figure it out and enter. Part of the entry process (which includes 3 short essays in all) is submitting an essay about what the grant could do for your company.